Best thing you ever bought on a cruise?

Nicki61

On the cruise, /.....In Nassau we saw an ad for a beautiful pink sapphire pendant....and on board we saw a knock off with crystals......it is gorgeous! instead of 18K we spent 35$, and it came with earrings!

but

the thing I purchased that I get the most compliments on is a "gold by the inch" jewelry sale, it's a bracelet with stars. Everyone loves it.....I think the next time i do that it will just be in silver, since after one year, that's what the gold one looks like LOL:rolleyes:

On our cruise on the Coral Princess, my daughter and I didn't want to get dressed up for Formal night, so on that night we bought the Ultimate Balcony Dinner. It was soo good and there was so much food. The two servers were both young, about my daughters age, and both from Peru. We got to know them a little that night while they waited on us. We received an awesome little gift from them when they signed our picture from that night. What a good memory.

snip...

the thing I purchased that I get the most compliments on is a "gold by the inch" jewelry sale, it's a bracelet with stars. Everyone loves it.....I think the next time i do that it will just be in silver, since after one year, that's what the gold one looks like LOL:rolleyes:

Send it back and get a free replacement. Gold by Inch is guaranteed for life.

I´ve sent several pieces back to the UK and they have been replaced without a quibble.

Sandy in Spain

I must confess, that on our very first cruise, after many pre-cruise snarky comments on my part about the art shows, I bought a print that I absolutely love that hangs in my dining room where I can see it every day.

My tri-colour gold puzzle ring from a little jewellery shop in Kusadasi, Turkey. I wear it every day and am reminded of what a wonderful time we had on that cruise. On our last cruise, DH bought me a beautiful diamond studded Citizen Eco-Drive watch that I was ooh-ing and aah-ing over in the onboard shop. I am a lucky girl.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

• 2 months later...

The chocolate covered strawberries I bought when I took my mom on her first cruise. It was on the Sovereign of the Seas (RCI). I still remember her looking out the window of our cabin (no balconies then), eating those strawberries and saying "thank you for treating me so well" My mom is gone now so these kind of memories make up the best things I've bought on a cruise.

Don't think I ever bought anything on the ship ever, unless you count my pre-boarding BV bottle purchase, which is dear to me for my love of rum. never had a ship drink or bought a photo...if I have to choose it would be some street food from a small vendor off the beaten path in Ensenada. I never saw such a skilled Grandma hack up urchins, octopus, shrimp and other delicacies of the sea so skillfully, tossing it all with lime and advocados and tossing it on a tortilla...perhaps one of the finest things I have ever ate.

What is the best thing you ever bought on a cruise?

Mine is a large 24X36 picture of DH and me. Done in Blk & Wht, on canvas. $100 and free shipping. Love it.

Italian restaurant dinner. Mmmm gooood

Photos of the family are always great souvenirs! I stopped buying t-shirts years ago and started buying jewelry on all our trips - both cruising and driving. Fortunately for DH, I like silver and not gold! Of course, I'm not adverse to white gold...

Archived