Best thing you ever bought on a cruise?

Nicki61

What is the best thing you ever bought on a cruise?

Mine is a large 24X36 picture of DH and me. Done in Blk & Wht, on canvas. $100 and free shipping. Love it.

HAHAHA. I originally read this as the best thing you've BROUGHT on a cruise, not the best thing you BOUGHT on a cruise. I couldn't figure out why one would want to bring along a 2' x 3' canvas photo of themselves on a cruise!

I've only cruised once and didn't buy much that time. I think the best thing I bought on a cruise would have to be my Glacier Flightseeing shore excursion, which I purchased at the last minute at the excursion desk. Probably the most breathtaking thing I've ever seen in my life was those mountains and glaciers from a small plane - very close up. I felt like I was in a NatGeo shoot.

I don't think we've ever bought anything on the ship, except a photo or two and I don't even think those photos are good....but hubby insisted! OH, and drinks, and while strong, I can't say they were the "best"..

I did buy a ring in port once....I've practically worn it out!

HAHAHA. I originally read this as the best thing you've BROUGHT on a cruise, not the best thing you BOUGHT on a cruise. I couldn't figure out why one would want to bring along a 2' x 3' canvas photo of themselves on a cruise!

Now that is funny! Reminds me of the "girl" in high school, that carried her rather large photo 16 X 20 of her senior picture to show people. Must be she didn't get any wallet size!

I think the ipad person might have read it as brought also...

What is the best thing you ever bought on a cruise?

Mine is a large 24X36 picture of DH and me. Done in Blk & Wht, on canvas. $100 and free shipping. Love it.

I bought a Coors Light. Liked it so much I bought another hundred.:eek:

on our first NCL cruise hubby bought me a NCL water bottle holder and it has come in hand for cruises and other vacations-i thought it was the neatest thing--then few cruises back we found them again and bought 3 more-we dont leave home without em:D

Walking through the photo gallery the first day, I saw a photo on canvas of the ship, Ventura, in the Caribbean. The colours are so bright, and the wooden pier has water sloshing through the slats, just like the one outside our house ( though the sea here is grey, not turquoise....:()

OH likes to join in anything on board, so that afternoon he went to Bingo- and won £59.....he secretly slipped to the photo gallery and enquired- the picture was £100. The guy then said- you can have it for £52- and it was delivered on the last day, beautifully wrapped, all 4 ft x 18 ins.

It's behind my computer as I write.

Jo.

"bought" might be a bit of a stretch. We booked a cruise, while on a cruise, this past summer. First time we've done that. Sailing the Med next June for Grandson's graduation present.

Close second would be a dolphin excursion with my Grandson. He still thinks it was the best EVER.

3rd would be pre-cruise excursions in Hawaii. RCCL arranged our excursions, handled the luggage from the hotel to the pier making it the easiest transfer ever, and Pearl Harbor was an unforgettable experience.

Our very first cruise was on the brand new Disney Magic, I was in heaven. We were on a tight budget and didn't manage to spend nearly as much as I thought we would. So the last day I purchased a Mickey First Mate pocket watch, he's holding it, it's on a resin stand and the watch face has the same character.

Not primary colors, probably resin painted to look like aged brass. But I'm a Disney collector of Christmas ornaments, this piece I can see all year round. It's only about 5 inches high, not so obnoxious it takes over the room. I have loved that piece since 1998 :)

We don't usually buy things on the ship, except a photo of our daughters on formal night. However, on the Caribbean Princess, I bought a costume ring for $17 that looks like a replica of my engagement/wedding set. I wear it often and I wish I would have bought two of them because it's wearing out.

A camera.

On our first cruise we had been looking for a camera before the cruise but didn't find the one we wanted at the right price so we packed the old camera. Someone had a stand on the ship (Royal Caribbean) selling cameras and other electronics. We found the camera we wanted on the first day and my DH kept talking to the sales people and about midway through the cruise the price came down to much less than the price we wanted to pay so we bought!

The best thing DH ever bought me on a cruise was a gorgeous Antica Murrina italian glass necklace, on a MSC cruise last year.

I was drooling at the necklace all through the 10-day cruise, and he bought it as a surprise on the last day.

I've since bought the matching bracelet from italy.

apart from the fact that it's gorgeous, it reminds me of the best cruise I've ever had!! :)

on our first NCL cruise hubby bought me a NCL water bottle holder and it has come in hand for cruises and other vacations-i thought it was the neatest thing--then few cruises back we found them again and bought 3 more-we dont leave home without em:D

Didn't buy it, but we did get one of these each on an OV cruise, and they're just the best things out - they hold all the little bits & bobs on the way out, and then do their proper job while we're there.;)

Well, didn't buy it on the ship, but purchased a caribou hide in Kodiak, AK for my DH, who stayed home on our Aug. 5th cruise to doggie-sit (poor thing....). It is now hanging proudly on the wall of our little A-frame cabin in NY State. Looks beautiful! and reminds me all the time of how much I love and miss Alaska.

Archived