Grats and alcohol r.c.i.

postmeome

just back off brilliance eastern med oct 2011.

bar bill 1000 dollars ,150 dollars tips. (coffee 30 dollars,4.50dollars tips:o)

if someone went to the bar for a glass of water every time that i went and got 2 coffees from windjammer,zero tips...is it fair:eek:

if someone went to the bar for a glass of water every time that i went and got 2 coffees from windjammer,zero tips...is it fair:eek:

Yep;) No different than ordering water vs. ordering booze in a land bar:)

how so?.. still get same service,booze or water:mad:

They don't ring up (charge) for water. The tip is calculated when alcohol or soft drink is charged to your cabin. If you want to tip for the water, they would be happy to accept a cash tip.:p Would that make it more "fair" for you?

Why would you pay for coffee?:confused:

I took a thermos with me on the Explorer, and filled it up on the Promenade cafe every morning for free.

They don't ring up (charge) for water. The tip is calculated when alcohol or soft drink is charged to your cabin. If you want to tip for the water, they would be happy to accept a cash tip.:p

water or beer whatever you drink, if you go to the bar you will get the same service only the beer drinker will pay a tip

water or beer whatever you drink, if you go to the bar you will get the same service only the beer drinker will pay a tip

Like I said, if you feel you are slighting the server because they gave you "free" coffee or water, you may always tip them in cash. It's nice you are thinking of them in that way.:)

watch out for my review had a fantastic cruise :),just 15% grats on bar bill i dont like:(

Ok..then don't drink on the ship...it's the same on all the ships...all the lines unless you pay MEGA bucks for one that includes booze...which I have a feeling would be a lot more than the $150 you paid in tips on this cruise...

watch out for my review had a fantastic cruise :)

Good! Glad to hear it. Brilliance is my favorite ship so far - loved all the windows, and the outdoor aft seating in the Windjammer.

just 15% grats on bar bill i dont like:(

I know, I don't think any of us "like" it. But it's to be expected on RCI. You knew that going in, right? Obviously with a bar bill of $1000 (that was your choice), you paid more than most of us in gratuities.

Why would you pay for coffee?:confused:

I took a thermos with me on the Explorer, and filled it up on the Promenade cafe every morning for free.

perhaps thats why i paid for specialty coffee because ,there was none left after people had filled there flasks:rolleyes:

I know, I don't think any of us "like" it. But it's to be expected on RCI. You knew that going in, right? Obviously with a bar bill of $1000 (that was your choice), you paid more than most of us in gratuities.

Personally, I love the added 15% tip.

Whenever I buy a drink, I always leave a dollar tip. Always overtipping. The 15% saves me time and money.

perhaps thats why i paid for specialty coffee because ,there was none left after people had filled there flasks:rolleyes:

.... Errr.... then you wait a few moments for the staff to refill the thermoses.

:confused::confused::confused:

Sorry, but each time you post a comment, it's getting a little more wierd?... :D

Personally, I love the added 15% tip.

Whenever I buy a drink, I always leave a dollar tip. Always overtipping. The 15% saves me time and money.

I agree with you 100%. That's why I like the automatic 15%. Except we seem to give them a little extra at the end of the cruise anyway if they served us well during the cruise.;)

I don't mean to sound snarky, but is this a new concept for you? :confused:

no...lets say we drink in the same bar,i drink beer you drink water,i buy a beer and you ask for a glass of water i will be charged a gratuity you will not but you have had the same service as me,a gratuity is a service charge not an extra for buying alcohol.

no...lets say we drink in the same bar,i drink beer you drink water,i buy a beer and you ask for a glass of water i will be charged a gratuity you will not but you have had the same service as me,a gratuity is a service charge not an extra for buying alcohol.

Lots of people in the USA forget or don't realize the tipping cultre is different in other parts of the world.

Personally, I can see how the way RCI does things trips up Brits and those from outside of North America. Especially when going on cruises out of the UK that are primarily marketed to those in the UK. I mean, you aren't travelling to or in the USA, so why does the USA tipping culture apply. It's not exactly the same thing as crossing the pond and visiting Orlando or Las Vegas or NYC or Los Anngeles.

I don't mean to sound snarky, but is this a new concept for you? :confused:

On behalf of fellow Englishmen - Yes this is a new concept - We do not tip when we go into a pub/bar and order a drink (generally)

However we know that as a US line we act 'when in Rome'...so we tip....but the OP did not (apparently)

.... Errr.... then you wait a few moments for the staff to refill the thermoses.

:confused::confused::confused:

Sorry, but each time you post a comment, it's getting a little more wierd?... :D

not weird just a sarcastic reply

Archived