Is it noisy on Deck 6 and 7 on Freedom of the Seas?

CableKC

I'm looking into booking an inside cabin on Freedom of the Seas and was concerned about a lot of noise coming from the Promenade ( or any other Public rooms that maybe noisy ).

Due to concerns about sea-sickness....I'm hoping for a Mid-Ship Cabin on Deck 6 to 8...but will probably lean towards a cabin in the Forward part of the ship.

Although I expect noise from standard walking traffic...does any one have any recommendations on which areas or rooms to stay away from on Deck 6, 7 or 8?

Thanks for your responses....the one thing I want to avoid is loud music or anything else that could keep the kids and wife up.

I'm looking into booking an inside cabin on Freedom of the Seas and was concerned about a lot of noise coming from the Promenade ( or any other Public rooms that maybe noisy ).

Due to concerns about sea-sickness....I'm hoping for a Mid-Ship Cabin on Deck 6 to 8...but will probably lean towards a cabin in the Forward part of the ship.

Although I expect noise from standard walking traffic...does any one have any recommendations on which areas or rooms to stay away from on Deck 6, 7 or 8?

Thanks for your responses....the one thing I want to avoid is loud music or anything else that could keep the kids and wife up.

there is no noise

We have had numerous cabins on deck 6 & 7 on Freedom & Voyager Class including Promenande Cabins and never had a problem. It is sort of neat to be able to look down and see what is going on.

None of the cabins have excessive noise! You already know about hallway noises...it's inevitable....but there's nothing that should keep you up at night. However, if you're sensitive, pick a deck with cabins above AND below you....so pick deck 7 or 8 or 9....then you'll be happy.

Had a PR cabin (July) on FOS, deck 6, right around the area of the General Store...pretty center, and no noise. We were, in fact, a little disappointed that our video couldn't even pick up the music from down below. I think that's a pretty good indication that you won't be disturbed. Great cabin location to people watch.

Stay away from cabins on or near the pub/lounges. Our promenade cabin on IOS was on the corner of the pub and we could hear the music which was annoying for us. Loud enough to know what the words were and vibrations coming through the floor from the bass quitar. After the 1st nite, they did try to muffle the sound but only barely. I never had a cabin over the lounge on deck 6 but on our last cruise, I was in the hallway over the lounge to see if I could hear the country rock band and definetely could. I assume it was that way in the cabins as well.

If your a nite owl and you don't go to bed until 1 am, you won't notice. However, if you are not, you spend enough money to not take a chance and I would choose the 7, 8 and or 9th floors.

Why is there so much of an issue with noise?

I have had cabins in almost every area of the ships and it is just about the same everywhere, hardly any.

Sure you will hear others in the hallways and other various sounds but it is nothing different than staying at a hotel, motel, or anywhere else.

For some reason people on cruises expect absolute silence.

If sounds are that much of an issue, stay home.

Archived