Your next new cruise line?

helpthejuggler

I always say that I'm going to try Carnival...but then end up switching back to NCL before trying them. We have friends that sail with Carnival several times a year and love it.

My next ship "to try" will probably be RC with the Oasis or Allure. Even though I've sailed with RC before, it's been since the 90's. Although I'm not interested in trying any of their other ships, Oasis is at the top of my list. :D

Well, after not having sailed Royal Caribbean in awhile we tried one of their larger ships this past Jan and found out it wasn't for us - just too big.

We are venturing out ourselves. We did Regent once and LOVED it! We are trying Oceania next year and cannot wait!

We are planning to try Windstar Cruises once the ships finish their refurbishment.

Most people have a cruise line they prefer and have sometimes sailed with a few.

Which line have you not tried yet, but have on your shortlist to try sometime. What appeals to you about them more than those you have already experienced?

For me, it is Azamara for smaller ships and the great feedback from past cruisers. Then Princess as a big line that we haven't reached yet.

All of our cruises have been on Carnival except for one, Celebrity honeymoon cruise.

We have a March cruise booked on Princess because the original Carnival itinerary for the same dates that we were going to reserve changed. I am interested to see what the differences/similarities between the two lines are.

• 1 year later...
I'd like to try Thompson and Fred.Olsen. Both market primarily in the UK and most passengers are from UK. I like the ships, most are older (but not "old") and smaller then all of the mega liners, and I'd expect the onboard ambiance to be somewhat different as most of the passengers will not be from the US.

I recommend Fred Olsen and have sailed with them several times. The ships are smaller and older but I found the entertainment and service excellent. There is a British theme night on most of their cruises and you might find it difficult to understand the comedy acts, come to that there will probably be lots of English accents you might find difficulty with. :)

My next cruise will be with Celebrity Solstice, big and beautiful I believe but I expect to enjoy the experience. I never wanted to cruise in one of those massive ships with all those balconies but my last two cruises have been on the QM 2 and P and O Azura and have enjoyed both so never say never.

Doesn't count as a traditional cruise line but if you don't mind small spaces and no frills, check out Blount. Enjoyable way to see some of the US plus other places even though not inexpensive. We did Magical Lake Michigan tour in 2011 and will do a Lake Superior trip with them in 2013. I fell in love with the intimacy of it all but know most would dislike the lack of glitz and glamour. Just a thought for those of you tired of the same-ol', same-ol.

The only major cruise line we haven't sailed on is Holland America, so I'd like to try that; also a TA on Cunard.

I'd like to try some of the premium/smaller ships but the prices just feel too high for me. River cruises are another 'someday' wish.

Have been on Carnival, Princess, Royal, Celebrity, and MSC. I liked Celebrity, mapwife likes Carnival. We both like MSC.

Next will probably be one of the British companies Fred. Olsen or Thomson. or we'll upgrade to Oceania or Regent.

Almost booked MSC, because the cruise was a good price. Then I compared flights for a Carnival cruise, and that equaled the total price out, so I went with Carnival. Next year, MSC is bringing a bigger ship over, so I might decide to give them a whirl yet. Celebrity is also on my to do list, and as others have said, I really want to do a t/a on the Queen Mary 2.

I started out cruising on Sitmar years ago, then Royal Viking (both now gone). I've cruised on NCL, Celebrity, Princess and HAL in more recent years. About 4 years ago I tried one of the small (boutique?) lines that specialize in history, particularly of the Mediterranean, Voyages to Antiquity. Only 350 passengers, and the experience reminded me of my early Sitmar cruises on the Fairwind in some ways.

Now I find it hard to go back to the large/mass market lines. I've just cruised with Swan Hellenic's Minerva. My next new line is likely to be Voyages to Discovery, with a newly refurbished ship that carries about 550 passengers. Why? Great itineraries.

I would also like to give Oceania a try one of these days, but for me right now the itineraries are more critical than the ship or the cruise line.

[quote name='cruisemom42']...but for me right now the itineraries are more critical than the ship or the cruise line.[/quote]

That's pretty much us, except I'd say itinerary and price are more important than the cruise line or specific ship.

Now, I really wanted to try Royal Caribbean, specifically a ship that had the Royal Promenade. So, we spent a bit extra to go on Freedom of the Seas last year. Other than that, the ship itself has been more of an afterthought.

I want to do a Panama Canal transit sometime...and a Trans-Pacific...maybe around the world cruise...definitely Antarctica at some point. Don't much care what the ship's name is (I'll eventually forget it anyways).

Archived