What's your favourite specialty restaurant?

cruise&travelgirl

We have always enjoyed the Crown Grill; excellent food and service. Sabatini's is too much food for us! It just keeps coming and coming and coming...:eek:

That was the thing we really loved about Sabatini's!! We also loved their lobster.

I'm thinking we'll be trying the Crown Grill this time too though.

We eat at both Sabatini's and whatever steakhouse is on the ship at least once each cruise and have always enjoyed the meal. Our favorite steakhouse is the Bayou Cafe on the Coral and Island. In addition to great food they have (or at least did on our 2007 and 2009 cruises) live music (jazz trio). A combination of great food and great ambiance! Hope they still have the music - we'll be on the Coral again in July.

Did Sabatini's change their menu recently? It was over a year ago that we went so I'm guessing it was the older menu that we enjoyed so much.

They've changed from serving 'famiglia-style' with the platters of courses except for the entrees but now you order each course like in the MDR. Crown Grill is my 1st choice but also enjoy Sabatini's. They've posted photos of the new items on their Facebook site.

We weren't very impressed with the Crown Grill (Ruby Princess). It was good...no complaints, but we didnt' think it was special enough to warrant the upcharge. We've eaten at Sabatini's twice - old and new menu and we probably won't eat there again. The old menu was excellent - we loved getting a little taste of everything. The new menu has you order just like a regular restaurant and none of the desserts were appealing to us...we didn't even bother. We're looking forward to trying the Bayou on the Island in December :) and since we splurged for a balcony we'll be having a few balcony dinners/breakfasts :)

They've changed from serving 'famiglia-style' with the platters of courses except for the entrees but now you order each course like in the MDR. Crown Grill is my 1st choice but also enjoy Sabatini's. They've posted photos of the new items on their Facebook site.

Thanks for the link. Everything looks delicious!

Sabatini's, but I may be biased by the circumstances.

We only ate there once, on our anniversary with a table by the window that overlooked the Italian coast as we sailed away that evening.

We've also tried the Crown Grill, but how could it compete?

Last time we sailed with Princess, we ate at Sabatini's and loved it! Both my husband and I are big seafood people and he also enjoys a good steak (me, not so much). We are thinking of trying the Crown Grill this time, and are definitely going back to Sabatini's as well. What is your favourite?

It's an apples and oranges comparison since they serve different things. Both are excellent. We were on the Caribbean two weeks ago for 7 days and ate at the Crown Grill twice (both excellent) and had dinner in Sabatinis once (with the new menu, which was very good, especially the new soft shelled blue crab salad). Also had breakfast in Sabatinis all but one day and enjoyed not eating in the Horizon Court.

Bottom line, both are good but different and are vastly superior to the dining room these days. Another added benefit is the average dress is better when people go to these optional restaurants (even though true formal attire is not needed on formal nights), more like a five start restaurant on land.

Thanks for the link!

They're not specialty restaurants but other specialty dining options: the Ultimate Balcony Dinner and the Chef's Table. There are plenty of threads on both. I've done the latter three times and thoroughly enjoyed it every time. We're booked to do the UBD on our December cruise on the Crown.

Archived