Current Concierges continued

PH8

LOL

Who is Rosario? Would this happen to be a bartender?

Is Beresford still part of the general bartender rotation?

Gina

Yes, Rosario did the crossing in September, so it must be his turn again.

Such an awesome selection with Beresford and Chandler in the mix as well.

Raina

Yes, Rosario did the crossing in September, so it must be his turn again.

Such an awesome selection with Beresford and Chandler in the mix as well.

Raina

Chandler - so many new names on RD. I saw some of my favorite people in pictures of the Adventure of the Seas dry dock. I was so sad to see Lina from facilities is now gone from Radiance.

I can only hope Beresford won't be doing back of the house bar tending while we are there this year.

I consider us very lucky that JD will be there. :)

Gina

Nizar is the Concierge on Indy filling in for Raj(on leave) from 6th April intil 25th May.

Hi Tom do you know if Mel is on Indy as she has been onboard since September.

Now I'm confused. A previous post had him on RD until 5/8. Does this mean he will be on our May 29 sailing? :)

Yes, JD will be there for your cruise. Lucky you! Only there is no May 29 sailing. It is May 30 (I'll be there, too, which is why I know the date). The schedule has changed and people are posting their updates. No one is keeping the list anymore.

Juan Diego returned from vacation on April 10 Australia time - that means 2 days ago. That means he will be on board for the duration of the Alaska season and most likely through the crossing. No contract ending date has been announced but when it's stated so far in advance, it almost always changes anyway as you have just found out.

JJ should be in the D lounge for now, too. Gazetty has moved to another ship.

Anyone can run a search on this specific thread with the concierge name (or do a ship search) they are interested in and see what has been posted most recently about that person's schedule.

Gina

Edited by mommabean

Hi,

We are sailing on Splendour in July and just wondered whether anyone knew who the current concierge is.

Many Thanks

Adam

This was the most recent update on Splendour.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=41637745&postcount=2941

July is a long way off to predict. Unfortunately that poster never came back to report the results of her inquiry into his contract dates.

Yes, JD will be there for your cruise. Lucky you! Only there is no May 29 sailing. It is May 30 (I'll be there, too, which is why I know the date). The schedule has changed and people are posting their updates. No one is keeping the list anymore.

Juan Diego returned from vacation on April 10 Australia time - that means 2 days ago. That means he will be on board for the duration of the Alaska season and most likely through the crossing. No contract ending date has been announced but when it's stated so far in advance, it almost always changes anyway as you have just found out.

JJ should be in the D lounge for now, too. Gazetty has moved to another ship.

Anyone can run a search on this specific thread with the concierge name (or do a ship search) they are interested in and see what has been posted most recently about that person's schedule.

Gina

Thanks, Gina. I was typing the post from the airport and realized I used the wrong date while on the plane. :o May 29 is the day we leave home, not day of embarkation. I will see you in the CL!

Whomever is keeping the list. Andrew Finegold is the Diamond Concierge on the Adventure of the Seas until May (sorry forgot the exact date).... then he's taking vacation and moving to the Brilliance.

Nizar is the Concierge on Indy filling in for Raj(on leave) from 6th April intil 25th May.

I like them both, great concierges, is eight weeks roughly the length of their vacation, Nizar was on our last cruise but I would love to see Raj again in September.

Rahul got off FR on 3-9-2014 and he will return on 5-11-2014. Bertie is in the CL but I don't know who is in the DL.

I just spent three weeks on the Freedom. Bertie Almeida is in the CL and Mangesh Jambhulkar is in the DL. Bertie was spectacular as always, and Mangesh was a breath of fresh air. With the dismissive and rude Rahul gone Bertie and Rahul made the stay aboard the Freedom truly enjoyable. Mangesh is a perpetual motion machine that will do everything in his power to make your cruise as enjoyable as possible.

I like them both, great concierges, is eight weeks roughly the length of their vacation, Nizar was on our last cruise but I would love to see Raj again in September.

Last time we cruised on Independence Ryno Strapp was the Concierge and we liked him. I know he was temporary but was wondering whether he still works in Concierge, anyone know?

We are cruising on Independence again in August this year.

I just spent three weeks on the Freedom. Bertie Almeida is in the CL and Mangesh Jambhulkar is in the DL. Bertie was spectacular as always, and Mangesh was a breath of fresh air. With the dismissive and rude Rahul gone Bertie and Rahul made the stay aboard the Freedom truly enjoyable. Mangesh is a perpetual motion machine that will do everything in his power to make your cruise as enjoyable as possible.
Mangesh was our concierge in the DL when we sailed on FR in Jan. 2012. We really liked him. Now it will be hard to decide which lounge to go to.

I've sailed with Rahul in the DL and CL and he has been helpful and gracious every time. He also worked hard to get the My Time Dining time we wanted.

Just heard from Mario. Rami will replace him from Saturday thru June while Mario vacations, then Mario returns until September then he joins the quantum. He does not know who will be the concierge in October . Rami will move to oasis in June

This was the most recent update on Splendour.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=41637745&postcount=2941

July is a long way off to predict. Unfortunately that poster never came back to report the results of her inquiry into his contract dates.

When we were on the Splendour in February, Paulo Tadeu Gomes was indeed in the Concierge Lounge. He had just recently been promoted from the Guest Services Desk and said he didn't yet know how long he would be in the position. Even though he was a first-time concierge, Paulo was absolutely wonderful in every way! He really went above and beyond for us, and you will be lucky if he is still onboard in July.

Last time we cruised on Independence Ryno Strapp was the Concierge and we liked him. I know he was temporary but was wondering whether he still works in Concierge, anyone know?

We are cruising on Independence again in August this year.

Ryno Strapp is currently Senior Guest Services Officer on Independence. We were on in Mar 2013 when he was Concierge. Absolutely the best one we have ever had. We visited with him on a cruise in November and he is looking for a permanent Concierge position. I heard from a friend that he will be changing ships later this year though.

Hello, does anyone know who the diamond concierge on the Independence on 25th May & also for the Quantum on 1st December?. Many thanks.

It's possible that Carolina (from Oasis) will be the diamond concierge on Quantum. She would like to have a different position but it remains to be seen if she gets that offer. Her husband will be a specialty dining manager unless things change between now and then. Since they are a couple, she will be on board.

Gina

Just heard from Mario. Rami will replace him from Saturday thru June while Mario vacations, then Mario returns until September then he joins the quantum. He does not know who will be the concierge in October . Rami will move to oasis in June

I just read this Rami news. He's great and so is Oasis. Maybe I'll get to see more of him. Thanks for the update.

Gina