Planning for "newbie" friends

blindrid

Long story short, 4 couples went on a Greek Cruise line a few weeks ago. It was a totally different experience than on a domestic cruise line (good, bad and indifferent).

Since it was a first time experience for one couple, they now wonder if they are "not cruise people".

Anyway, now the eight of us are considering a cruise as we had a blast in Greece and Turkey together. All of us agree that it was due to us making the trip enjoyable regardless of what the cruise line could do to us.

The other three couples (including us) have a fair amount of cruise experience and IMHO the main objective is to have fun and have the couple with little cruise experience find out what a "real cruise" feels like. All of us are pretty easy going and expectations are easily met with some minor exceptions.

Anyway, I normally try to book only cruise lines with no set dining times due to excursion, drinking in a bar in port, etc. I have experience with CCL, NCL, Princess and now, Louis. I only go with CCL when I need a cheap getaway or someone in our group needs to stay within a cheap budget. So far, NCL has been our favorite and Princess, not necessarily high on our list but would consider them anyway.

I know this is a tough question but providing for the fun factor, what line, ship has been your favorite? We just want a good time, warm weather, warm water and cold beer while enjoying our friendship.

All of the mass-market cruiselines now have some form of "anytime" dining, just like NCL! They also have an option for traditional seating for those who prefer that!

If you're doing a caribbean cruise, then I think any of the cruiselines will be fine....do a bit of research on each...get the cruise brochures and check out the different cabin types and deck plans....you'll get a "feel" of which will suit you best!

You can't compare Louis to anyone else. My Louis cruise was only four days, part of a land package, very basic but the food and service were wonderful. I would add Celebrity to your mix. If you watch their specials, you can get some really great deals, especially on short notice (a few weeks). EM

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Exciting_Deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

Archived