Beverage Cards

cruiseonly

I ordered two $100 Beverage Cards for my Son's upcoming trip.

The web page says $95 for the $100 card, and $45 for the $50 card.

When I called she said the $50 card is $50, and $95 for the $100 card.

Since this was not for me, I asked for a confirmation number, which she said she did not have.

I asked her to send me an email that I purchased this. She said she would when she gets the time to do so.

My question is, if she had the time to bill my charge card, she should have the time to send me an email.

How long should I give her to send me a confirmation email, or do I not need this confirmation.

Since this was not for me, I asked for a confirmation number, which she said she did not have.

I asked her to send me an email that I purchased this. She said she would when she gets the time to do so.

My question is, if she had the time to bill my charge card, she should have the time to send me an email.

How long should I give her to send me a confirmation email, or do I not need this confirmation.

I'm confused, who are you dealing with? If it is your TA get a new one.

The HAL web site http://www.hollandamerica.com and go to "Before You Go" then drill down to "order shore excursions and indulgences". The price is $45 for the $50 card and $90 for the $100 card. You don't even need to deal with a person if you don't want to. you can order direct from the web site and get an immediate confirmation from HAL that it was ordered. All that is needed is the booking number and last name of the guest.

I'm confused, who are you dealing with? If it is your TA get a new one.

The HAL web site http://www.hollandamerica.com and go to "Before You Go" then drill down to "order shore excursions and indulgences". The price is $45 for the $50 card and $90 for the $100 card. You don't even need to deal with a person if you don't want to. you can order direct from the web site and get an immediate confirmation from HAL that it was ordered. All that is needed is the booking number and last name of the guest.

I called HAL and they connected me to Bon Voyage Gifts Department.

It has been reported here on the HAL CCB, by a cruiser currently on the ?Statendam, that the cost of each Beverage Card has increased, recently, by $5 per each $50 & $100 card! Apparantly, the HAL website has not, as yet, been updated to (accurately) reflect this change in cost! ;)

thanks for posting this. I went to the Hal web page today and ordered my

cards while they are still @ the old rates. Every $ counts.

It has been reported here on the HAL CCB, by a cruiser currently on the ?Statendam, that the cost of each Beverage Card has increased, recently, by $5 per each $50 & $100 card! Apparantly, the HAL website has not, as yet, been updated to (accurately) reflect this change in cost! ;)

It has been reported here on the HAL CCB, by a cruiser currently on the ?Statendam, that the cost of each Beverage Card has increased, recently, by $5 per each $50 & $100 card! ;)
A $50 face value card selling for $50? What's the point of buying one?

We bought beverage cards for our Oosterdam cruise (Nov. 2011) $100 for $90 each, no extra charge. They worked perfectly and used the whole amount. They were accepted in all areas where alchol beverages were served. Happy hour you had to order two of the same drink to get the happy hour price. Was not a problem.

Just to clarify if you bought as required for happy hour you could use your beverage card to pay for it?

That appears to be an inconsistent application of HAL policy from ship to ship. I have read many reports that the beverage card can't be used to get a reduced price, plus the second drink, at Happy Hour. I know I was able to use the card on my last cruise.

For that matter, how Happy Hour itself is presented varies. On some ships, it's buy one drink, get the second free, while on other ships, the second drink costs $1 extra. On my last cruise, you could get one drink, but make it a double for $1.00.

Twice the booze with the mixer for one---that was a good drink! :D

Isn't cruisecritic wonderful!!!

Not only did your post save a couple of us $$$ because we went right away and ordered the cards before the website was changed but you were able to save too!!!

Yes, Cruise Critic is wonderful.

I was mainly concerned that HAL told me they would send me an email confirmation WHEN THEY HAD TIME.

But now I am happy, saved an extra $10, and got the confirmation.

Just to clarify if you bought as required for happy hour you could use your beverage card to pay for it?

We just returned from a Canada/New England/Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Eurodam (end October) and used our drinks card ($90 for $100 worth) for happy hour all the time. It was buy one regular price, get second for $1 - pretty good deal. There were three different bars offering happy hour at different times. Ocean bar 4 p.m. to 5 p.m., Crowsnest 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. and Explorers Lounge 10 p.m. to 11 p.m. I think every ship is different though. We even used our drinks card in the dining room for wine.:D

If I buy my beverage card online now (pre-cruise) will it count towards onboard spending?

Yes. it will. Such things as beverage cards, shore excursions, on-board credits you purchase for yourself---pretty much anything purchased in advance---counts toward your $300 = one cruise day credit. Gambling expenses do not count.

Just off the Westerdam yesterday. Beverage card prices onboard were $50 for a $50 card, $95 for a $100 card and $225 for a $250 card.

the only one really worth the hassle of purchasing and carrying around would be the largest one....why not just charge to your cabin and not mess with it???

Yes. it will. Such things as beverage cards, shore excursions, on-board credits you purchase for yourself---pretty much anything purchased in advance---counts toward your $300 = one cruise day credit. Gambling expenses do not count.

good to know...thanks

Archived