Will this be me?

joand452

DH and I will become Diamond after our next cruise. I was reading through a thread where there were lots of questions about separate/special seating for D/D+.

Are those sections really that special or do the rest of us lowly cruisers have cooties??;)

DH and I will become Diamond after our next cruise. I was reading through a thread where there were lots of questions about separate/special seating for D/D+.

Are those sections really that special or do the rest of us lowly cruisers have cooties??;)

Well we are Diamond and have not gotten any special seating,,I think that is for the D+ and suites...

If you are like some on this board, you will likely have to be more careful when it rains, as apparently your nose turns slightly upward with your higher status in life. :D

One more cruise and I'll be D+... and I'll still walk with my head down when it rains..:D

Special seating by the pool, in the theatre, a the ice shows, etc. is for people with gold colored Sea Passes. I think they are for suites. We're diamond have never rec'd a gold sea pass.

Hint for the evening shows. The center balcony seats are held for those with the gold sea pass, however 5 minutes (maybe 10) before the show starts they will open the area to anyone. You'll have to line up a bit early but the seats are well worth waiting for.

Cooties.

Cooties.

I'll be sure to wear my protective clothes in 2013, then!

DH and I must be the only people who don't need (or want) to sit in the front row of the theater (like being able to make a quick getaway or being able to nod off in peace) or sit by a pool. I prefer the topmost deck where there's more sea breeze.

Sorry to break the news but it's not something that you are going to have to worry about after your next cruise as reserved seating is a D+ perk.....and some reserved seating is even for suite level only.

Sorry to break the news but it's not something that you are going to have to worry about after your next cruise as reserved seating is a D+ perk.....and some reserved seating is even for suite level only.

...and generally, reserved seating by the pool is for suite guests only.

m

Expect nothing - that way you won't be disappointed.

Other than booking discounts, the difference in recognition between tiers (unless you live on the boat and are P) are really negligible.

Cruise RCI because you like RCI - perks alone aren't worth it.

I'll be sure to wear my protective clothes in 2013, then!

DH and I must be the only people who don't need (or want) to sit in the front row of the theater (like being able to make a quick getaway or being able to nod off in peace) or sit by a pool. I prefer the topmost deck where there's more sea breeze.

But the reserved seats aren't the first row on any cruise I've been.

Poke fun of the perks, but we've spent quite a bit to be D+ and appreciate the perks offered to us.

Archived