What's in Walking Distance of the Port St. Thomas

DivineDivia

I am excited to explore STT on our own but am paranoid about missing the boat. (first time cruiser) If we finish our day at Paradise Point how long should we allow to get back to the ship? We are on Princess so will be docked at Crown Bay? Thanks.

Give yourself a couple of hours to be safe, that's more than enough but you need to get the tram or taxi down then taxi back to dock. If we we were sailing at 6PM I would leave by 4:15PM, 4:30 if I had a taxi waiting at the top to take me back to the ship.

Disney doesn't have permanent docking space, but they usually dock at Havensight. HOWEVER, if there are lots of ships docking, the Disney may be assigned to anchor in the harbor, and you'll have to tender into town.

• 4 weeks later...

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but I had two questions regarding walking to town. First, in looking at the Havensight Cruiseship area, it looks like a person could cut a lot of time off the walk into town by walking straight (instead of going out through the gate into Havensight) and then turning left and walking through that area. It looks like there is a walking path all the way to the path that one takes into downtown. Has anyone ever taken this shortcut?

Second, for anyone who has taken the walk, it almost looks like there is now an off-road path one can take into town and it follows alongside Veterans Drive. The last time we were there, that path didn't exist. Is it a good path?

rickcop, yes, you could save time by staying on the pier/walkway that's right by the ships.

You'd have to go out of the way to get to the path along Veteran's Drive since there's a locked gate that keeps you from going straight to Veteran's Drive from that walkway.

The best route is through Yacht Haven Grande as previously menitoned.

Archived