What's in Walking Distance of the Port St. Thomas

DivineDivia

We enjoyed the amber museum which led to the walking tour up the hill to Blue Beards or Black Beards (???) castle.

Visited some interesting historic homes and garden on the way and you get a terric view from the top.

There are restaurants and places to get a drink along the way.

The tramway to Paradise Point is a short walk from the Havensight pier, that's a great spot to enjoy a spectacular view of the bays and enjoy a cocktail or a lunch. You can generally purchase tramway tickets from your excursions desk and it you don't use them return them for a refund. They're also a couple dollars cheaper on the ship.

I would highly recommend this, it's the one sight that's within walking distance from Havensight and many of us wh visit STT frequently like to end our day there.

It depends which port. Havensight has a large number of shops and restaurants and is a mile walk to town- flat and along the waterfront. Crown Bay has fewer shops and is a longer, not necessarily scenic, walk to town. :)

how can i find out which port we will dock at? carnival liberty 2/21/12 in st. thomas

Thanks everyone! I will be on Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas. Where can I look to see where the ship is docking?

Have to agree that Oasis docks at Crown Bay. There are probably 20 to 25 shops and eateries there but not much else. Best bet is to go to town.

We were on Allure recently and were very disappointed when we docked at Crown Bay.

When we dock in Havensight we usually just walk to town and take a cab back.

I'll be on Explorer in Feb, how do I find out where it docks?

I'll be on Explorer in Feb, how do I find out where it docks?

Last time I was on the Explorer in 2009 we docked in Havensight.

THe walk from Crown Bay to Havensight could take as long as an hour and a half or as short as an hour. The walk to town from Crown Bay has areas with no sidewalks and very heavy traffic. Remember it will be hot! Take a cab and enjoy your vacation:)

B.

I agree, there is also nothing to see between Crown Bay and town as opposed to Havensight and town.

Open air buses are everywhere; one will be by on the walk to/from Charlotte Amalie every couple of minutes, sometimes one behind the other. It is not an especially nice walk and for $2, the ride is much simplier and faster. Tours are everywhere and pretty much go to the same places on the island; for $25 pp, they are a great value. The island is beautiful and very scenic.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived