Le Cirque option

KirkNC

Currently you can't book Le Cirque reservations on any 2012 cruises. I read somewhere that there were ongoing negotiations between HAL and LC (I guess LC wants more $$?? :rolleyes:). So my queston is what will HAL do if LC is made available again. For example, on our Feb. cruise on the NA, we have Pinnacle reservations for the last night. Is it possible that this could be switched to a LC night by HAL? Seems rather messy to me.

Kirk

Currently you can't book Le Cirque reservations on any 2012 cruises. I read somewhere that there were ongoing negotiations between HAL and LC (I guess LC wants more $$?? :rolleyes:). So my queston is what will HAL do if LC is made available again. For example, on our Feb. cruise on the NA, we have Pinnacle reservations for the last night. Is it possible that this could be switched to a LC night by HAL? Seems rather messy to me.

Kirk

I don't think so Kirk. On our Prinsendam cruise the last night in the PG was the regular PG menu. Le Cirque nights were once the cruise was well underway. The last one was about three nights before the end of the cruise. Based on our experience I think you will be fine;)

Kirk

That was me Kirk as mentioned in this post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=31222209&postcount=22

FWIW I've tried asking HAL about the status of the Le Cirque in 2012 through social media but after initially saying they would check heard nothing back. As of the last time I looked at my account a day or so ago it still was given as an option and I sail 6th Jan.

Yes, rather messy situation indeed, especially when HAL still has Le Cirque being promoted on it's main website homepage.

Sorry, but the Le Cirque dinner in the Pinnacle Grill makes no sense to me at all. "Pinnacle" by definition indicates that it is the best, so how can Le Cirque by many times as good (as priced)??

This can only mean that either the Pinnacle Grill does not come close to reflecting HAL's best dining effort or that Le Cirque is a lot of money spent on diminishing returns. My vote is that Le Cirque disappears and that HAL concentrates on making the Pinnacle Grill the best alternative cruise dining venue.

igraf

Kirk

Sorry, but the Le Cirque dinner in the Pinnacle Grill makes no sense to me at all. "Pinnacle" by definition indicates that it is the best, so how can Le Cirque by many times as good (as priced)??

This can only mean that either the Pinnacle Grill does not come close to reflecting HAL's best dining effort or that Le Cirque is a lot of money spent on diminishing returns. My vote is that Le Cirque disappears and that HAL concentrates on making the Pinnacle Grill the best alternative cruise dining venue.

igraf

We had both on the Prinsendam and in all honesty, both were excellent.

There is a different ambience with Le Cirque & we really enjoyed our meal there. it was dh's birthday and I had asked for a little cupcake with a candle. They brought out this huge, beautiful cake. Even the little flag on it that said happy birthday was made out of chocolate.

I know Ruth would have loved it;)

I know Ruth would have loved it;)

I think she just might have! :D

I've got a cruise coming up in a few days, and a birthday at the end of the month. Now you've given me an idea. Maybe I could ask to have a small, decorated, cupcake some night for dessert. I could get the same treatment you got.

It's a plan.

I think she just might have! :D

I've got a cruise coming up in a few days, and a birthday at the end of the month. Now you've given me an idea. Maybe I could ask to have a small, decorated, cupcake some night for dessert. I could get the same treatment you got.

It's a plan.

definitely do it - especially if you are going to the Pinnacle for either it or Le Cirque. We asked for Le Cirque and I'm telling you the cake was really impressive. chocolate sticks (not describing it well), beautifully decorated - just a piece of art. We couldn't eat it at the table so they sent it to our room so we could share it with some others ;)

I am booked on the Dec 31st Eurodam and was told the same thing by Ship's Services - that bookings cannot yet be made for Le Cirque for any date in 2012. However, they did tell me which night they believed would be Le Cirque, and we booked that night in Pinnacle hoping that this reservation would become Le Cirque at some point.

I noticed just today that the night we booked has dissappeared from the Pinnacle booking menu online. Perhaps it will soon appear as a separate le Cirque option!

I am booked on the Dec 31st Eurodam and was told the same thing by Ship's Services - that bookings cannot yet be made for Le Cirque for any date in 2012. However, they did tell me which night they believed would be Le Cirque, and we booked that night in Pinnacle hoping that this reservation would become Le Cirque at some point.

I noticed just today that the night we booked has dissappeared from the Pinnacle booking menu online. Perhaps it will soon appear as a separate le Cirque option!

In your case you want LC but what happens to the guy that doesn't and is unwilling to fork over the extra money or doesn't like the LC menu but has what they think is a PG reservation. It just seems to me to be a train wreck in waiting. I will be fine either way as we very much enjoyed LC on the Rotterdam.

Kirk

definitely do it - especially if you are going to the Pinnacle for either it or Le Cirque. We asked for Le Cirque and I'm telling you the cake was really impressive. chocolate sticks (not describing it well), beautifully decorated - just a piece of art. We couldn't eat it at the table so they sent it to our room so we could share it with some others ;)

Another table had a birthday during our Le Cirque night a few days ago. It was a large square cake, not sticks, but it will looked impressive. I wish I could say our creme brulee was as magnificent, but it was a bit curdled :(

(OTOH, our two Pinnacle dinners blew away what we had on our previous cruise. The steaks were incredible, easily as good or better than what we've eaten at Morton's, Ruth's, The Palm, etc. The crab cakes were sublime. Caesar salad actually wasn't as good as before, but still not too shabby. The big wonder was that the side dishes were actually really good this time. The asparagus was nice and fat and perfectly cooked IMO, not like the overcooked burnt strings like last time, and they must have entirely changed their creamed spinach recipe from barely edible to quite tasty. Sigh. I'm kinda sad to be back home right now.)

We are very proud of our ongoing partnership with Le Cirque and founder Sirio Maccioni, who has recently sailed with HAL.

Booked guests who would like to make reservations for “An Evening at Le Cirque in the Pinnacle Grill” for a 2012 sailing will be able to do so beginning as early as next week. Bookings may be made through the “Before You Go” section of our website here: https://book.hollandamerica.com/fe/secondaryBooking.action; by calling Ship Services in the US and Canada at 1-800-541-1576; or through your travel agent/personal cruise representative.

More information on Le Cirque and Holland America Line can be found on our website and in a recent article featured in the summer “Food Issue” of our award-winning Mariner Magazine, click here to read: http://www.hollandamerica.com/pageByName/Simple.action?requestPage=GloriousFood .

Thank you all for your valuable feedback, we appreciate your time to comment and your patronage. We look forward to welcoming you aboard!

We are very proud of our ongoing partnership with Le Cirque and founder Sirio Maccioni, who has recently sailed with HAL.

Booked guests who would like to make reservations for “An Evening at Le Cirque in the Pinnacle Grill” for a 2012 sailing will be able to do so beginning as early as next week. Bookings may be made through the “Before You Go” section of our website here: https://book.hollandamerica.com/fe/secondaryBooking.action; by calling Ship Services in the US and Canada at 1-800-541-1576; or through your travel agent/personal cruise representative.

More information on Le Cirque and Holland America Line can be found on our website and in a recent article featured in the summer “Food Issue” of our award-winning Mariner Magazine, click here to read: http://www.hollandamerica.com/pageByName/Simple.action?requestPage=GloriousFood .

Thank you all for your valuable feedback, we appreciate your time to comment and your patronage. We look forward to welcoming you aboard!

Thanks! Well there it is from the horses mouth (no slight intended! ;)).

Kirk

So it sounds like the extension negotiations have borne fruit - and I may well give this a try now! Thanks to HAL_PR for the news.

You should try it and I'm glad to see it's back for 2012 and will look for it on my Ryndam sailing which is suddenly only a month away. Yeah!

Our group of 6 was not thrilled with the Le Cirque last week at all and agreed that the Pinnacle menu was a better fit for our taste. The chateaubriand was was done quite well but the soups and salads were a miss with us. Personally if we did it over we would put the LeCirque funds toward 2 Pinnacle nights and smile all the way to the bank.

Archived