Laundry on Explorer

Can anyone tell me if Explorer of the Seas has coin-op laundry available? We are booked on a 10-night Eastern Caribbean in February and would hate to not have enough clean laundry, especially with 4 kids!!!:rolleyes:

No coin-op laundry on any Royal ship. Royal has a reasonably priced laundry and dry cleaning service. Also, probably twice during your cruise Royal will offer the $25 wash and fold service. All you can fit in a bag for $25. This is limited to things like t-shirts, socks, underwear, etc.

The "all you can stuff in the bag" deal is essentially a small white load (it's not that large) ... and for this, they charge $25. That's some "special." Heaven forbid that you try to sneak a non-included item ... they'll find it, and charge you the going rate for it. But it's part of the cost of cruising with Royal Caribbean.

The "all you can stuff in the bag" deal is essentially a small white load (it's not that large) ... and for this, they charge $25. That's some "special." Heaven forbid that you try to sneak a non-included item ... they'll find it, and charge you the going rate for it. But it's part of the cost of cruising with Royal Caribbean.

Ouch. You know what? They list what can and cannot be included in the bag. It's not a secret or anything.

Actually Pinnacle and Diamond Plus members get a free bag of laundry and there is a discounted price for Diamond members (not sure about Platinum or Emerald cruisers). It is a wash, dry and fold service and is fine for underwear, t shirts and similar items. We manage to cram a good amount of items in that bag and frankly, we don't find the regular laundry prices to be outrageous. RCI is not the only line which does not offer laundry rooms, and many guests apparently feel that there are better ways to spend their vacation time, than doing laundry.:)

I have to add my 2 cents here. A while ago I asked about laundromats in the ports I was going to. I was given a few negative responses. Nothing insulting, just people who basically thought that doing laundry on a cruise was silly or ridiculous. I recieved plenty of responses that asked me why I would want to do laundry on vacation as well as resonses that told me there were better things to do. Honestly, I don't think doing laundry on a cruise(while in port) is that big of a deal. It's not like I have the same loads of laundry that I would at home. It would definitely be a small amount. Besides, there are plenty of times when I'm in port and just want to take a break from shopping and walking. For me, and apparently a few others as well, it wouldn't be a big deal to sit and wait for a small load of laundry to get done. Since I haven't yet found a laundromat near any of the ports/piers, I just do it in my stateroom.

Ouch. You know what? They list what can and cannot be included in the bag. It's not a secret or anything.

No, it's not a secret, but many people who answer questions about the laundry special neglect saying that it's only for undies, t-shirts, socks, pajamas--not the clothing you really want washed at a discount price, like bulky jeans and sweatshirts! So in that regard, the "all you can stuff" special is not as special as many of us would like. :(

I have to add my 2 cents here. A while ago I asked about laundromats in the ports I was going to. I was given a few negative responses. Nothing insulting, just people who basically thought that doing laundry on a cruise was silly or ridiculous. I recieved plenty of responses that asked me why I would want to do laundry on vacation as well as resonses that told me there were better things to do. Honestly, I don't think doing laundry on a cruise(while in port) is that big of a deal. It's not like I have the same loads of laundry that I would at home. It would definitely be a small amount. Besides, there are plenty of times when I'm in port and just want to take a break from shopping and walking. For me, and apparently a few others as well, it wouldn't be a big deal to sit and wait for a small load of laundry to get done. Since I haven't yet found a laundromat near any of the ports/piers, I just do it in my stateroom.
Again on vacation why would I do laundry, secondly the fees for the laundry are reasonable. And honestly if I want to take a break from "shopping and walking" it would never include doing laundry!...Oh and doing the laundry in the bathroom in my stateroom, sorry not ever happening....K.O. near Philly:rolleyes:

Good point. There's no reason for people to judge what other people elect to do or not do on their cruise!

Again on vacation why would I do laundry, secondly the fees for the laundry are reasonable. ...Oh and doing the laundry in the bathroom in my stateroom, sorry not ever happening....

That's fine for you. Some of us do rinse out things in the sink, some of us do not. Neither is wrong, OK? Thanks. :)

Good point. There's no reason for people to judge what other people elect to do or not do on their cruise!

I had to chuckle when I read this. You are spot on but for some, its not the way it is on this forum. ;)

What gets me is these same people who will jump all over you for wanting to do laundry while on a cruise think nothing of telling you to just do it by hand in the bathroom sink. Somehow, that is perfectly ok to do but touching a washing machine while on vacation is taboo.:rolleyes:

Again on vacation why would I do laundry, secondly the fees for the laundry are reasonable. And honestly if I want to take a break from "shopping and walking" it would never include doing laundry!...Oh and doing the laundry in the bathroom in my stateroom, sorry not ever happening....K.O. near Philly:rolleyes:

I run every day and I would like to throw all of those sweaty clothes into a washing machine. And I do not consider the laundry fees reasonable. What I wear on a run costs about $7.00 to wash. That is $49.00 for the week for what would cost me about $3.00 to do myself. And I, too, am not doing it in the cabin bathroom.

I always use the wash and fold special. For Platinum and above there is a discount(based on level). I include underwear, pj's, socks, shorts, t-shirts and polo shirts. You can also put swimsuits and workout clothing in the bag. About 15 - 20 items will fit into the bag if you pack it tightly. My preference is to travel light and spend a few extra dollars getting things laundered.

Archived