Celebrity Millenium - Foodie Question

Butterscotch 76

My boyfriend and I will both embark on the Celebrity Millenium on 2/2/12. It will be my first cruise and his second (I believe his first was when he was a kid). I've been curious as to the types of food served on the cruise, the Celebrity in particular, if possible.

A cohort of his cruised Carnival and said that they ate steak and lobster everyday...is that common? Or was he embellishing a bit? Are surf and turf foods like that offered on the buffet or in the Main Dining Room only? Is it worth checking out the specialty restaurant (in this case, RMS Olympic)? What types of foods are normally offered in the MDR & specialty restaurants?

Just curious. Thanks! :D

Those people weren't just embellishing, they were stretching the truth beyond anything. You'll see lobster once in the main dining room on formal night, and strip steak on the always available menu, but that steak is pretty bad---tough and a poor cut. No way does any ship offer great steak in the buffet and definitely you'll never see lobster in the buffet. To be honest, the food on Celebrity is much better than on Carnival, but even they don't have steaks or lobster in the buffet.

The menu changes every night and there's usually a seafood, poultry and beef choice along with a choice of three appetizers, two soups and salads and three or four desserts. The buffet is your usual items of salads, some hot dishes like meatloaf or ham, a pasta station, a pizza station, burgers, sandwiches and things like that.

The specialty restaurant is $40 a person and the food there is sublime and worth the cost.

Those people weren't just embellishing, they were stretching the truth beyond anything. You'll see lobster once in the main dining room on formal night, and strip steak on the always available menu, but that steak is pretty bad---tough and a poor cut. No way does any ship offer great steak in the buffet and definitely you'll never see lobster in the buffet. To be honest, the food on Celebrity is much better than on Carnival, but even they don't have steaks or lobster in the buffet.

The menu changes every night and there's usually a seafood, poultry and beef choice along with a choice of three appetizers, two soups and salads and three or four desserts. The buffet is your usual items of salads, some hot dishes like meatloaf or ham, a pasta station, a pizza station, burgers, sandwiches and things like that.

The specialty restaurant is $40 a person and the food there is sublime and worth the cost.

Actually, it doesn't happen every ship/every cruise but often HAL will serve lobster in Lido buffet at dinner on the night it is served in the MDR. They also allow people to order it from Room Service that night.

Archived