VA 4054 on Nieuw Amsterdam?

elycelynne

I'm not worried about the lack of privacy so much as I am about being more exposed to the sun. Hopefully there's at least a little shade right by the balcony doors (which I notice are mirrored so people can't see into the cabin).

Some people are happy to have sun on their veraandah. We have to remember wd don't all like the same things and THE SHIP does not only sail the Caibbbean, You might love that Vernadahin Euurope or someone might love it in Alaska , for example.

Some people are happy to have sun on their veraandah. We have to remember wd don't all like the same things and THE SHIP does not only sail the Caibbbean, You might love that Vernadahin Euurope or someone might love it in Alaska , for example.

My original post was from 5 years ago and it somehow got resurrected. Rest assured though, that even back then it was fairly obvious that I was merely expressing my own preference.

• 4 months later...

@Oscarella

Do you happen to have any photos of the INSIDE of stateroom 4054? I just moved a 24-hr-old booking from two fairly widely separated obstructed OVs on the Oosterdam (4076 & 4056) to 4056 & 4054. I'm a bit OCD and like to know which side of the room "my" side of the bed will be on!

I'm studying external photos and I fail to see a solid railing on this cabin...

• 2 years later...

Hi all, just to know if somebody else has travelled on cabin 4054 on the Nieuw Amsterdam recently (the last post of this thread is from 2017). This cabin is now categorized as a VH, Partially Obstructed view (at least from the agency I'm getting quotes from). According to Jeannie50 and wldflr's posts, this cabin corresponds to the pictures and is awesome. I'm about to book on this cabin for a Norway cruise :)

Thanks for any additional info/pics you might have :)

Thanks so much for posting pics 🙂 Unfortunately layout is different from NA (that's why the cabin is VH in the NA) and hence it does have a full view of the lifeboat. I'm trying to get other options in the meantime. It does come with 450 USD OBC, so I might as well not care, if there is no other option at the same price 🙂 

Oscarella,

I'm not sure if the Westerdam is quite the same as Nieuw Amsterdam and its twin Eurodam, so can't speak to Westie 4054.

But we just spent a glorious November week (pre-azipod issues) enjoying the N.A.starboard 4053 version of port 4054. It's a regular verandah cabin but, as others have suggested, you could have a dance party on its verandah. Ours did not have extra furniture but that allowed us to easily move the chairs and ottomans in/out of sun.

Yes, it's not private but we had no problems in that regard.  One person on Deck 5 did call down over their railing asking how/why our verandah was so much larger.  And, we did overhear two other Deck 5 guests suggesting to one another that we must be VIPs.

One of the definite advantages -- to me -- is the ability to stargaze with no overhead obstruction. I spent every night on the verandah, drink in hand, listening to the sea wash by, and staring endlessly into the night sky. Delightful!

Here's a view of the verandah looking from inside N.A. 4053:

IMG_20191116_142422802_HDR.jpg

16 hours ago, Arachnotron said:

I just realized my sailing is on the MS Nieuw Statendam, not on the MS Nieuw Amsterdam. Do you think it will make any difference?

Yes - HUGE difference. The NS VH4054 has a small balcony right behind a lifeboat. Nothing that was said above about NA VA4054 applies to your cabin. Sorry.

Look at https://halfacts.com/pinnacle-class/ cabins 4046 and 4052 to see what your cabin is like.

Thanks @catl331 and @Jeannie50 for your useful info. I asked for a second quote in another agency and I'm being offered a VB cabin (4152) now. Per the HAL Facts website you posted, it should be similar to the 4156. Aft cabin, full view of the ocean, for a little less. Disadvantage is I only get 100 OBC instead of 450 OBC, but in reality I think it's a no brainer.

Regards!

• 2 years later...
On 1/7/2020 at 4:12 PM, HAL Sailer said:

One of the definite advantages -- to me -- is the ability to stargaze with no overhead obstruction. I spent every night on the verandah, drink in hand, listening to the sea wash by, and staring endlessly into the night sky. Delightful!

Here's a view of the verandah looking from inside N.A. 4053:

IMG_20191116_142422802_HDR.jpg

this balcony....4132 Eurodam this week. Music to my ears. Thanks for sharing.