Allure pictures to go with my review

shamda

We are looking at sailing on the Reflection in December. We have been on the Solstice and the Equinox and really liked them. The Solstice class ships compared to the Allure are like night and day. It really depends on what you like and what you are looking for in a cruise. For me I prefer the Celebrity ships, but if you like the more Disney like adventures then the Allure might be for you. If you look at my webshots albums you will see my Solstice and Equinox pictures as well.

Thank you , thank you!! Your pictures are amazing and you can most certainly tell the time and effort you put into your hobby! I have been looking for a thread like yours. I read your review first and was excited to find the pictures as well! I like to do a ton of research before I travel and it is threads like Yours that are the most helpful. My dh and i are planning our first cruise and are having a difficult time deciding between the Allure and Celebrity Reflection! :confused:

I sent the Compass files to all those that requested it. If anyone requested it and did not receive it please let me know.

Just booked Allure Western Itern. Can you also e-mail the compasses....

I love your pictures- getting excited for cruise and this helps!

nmel187@comcast.net.

Thank you for taking the time to do this and posting all your pics

I just made a dvd combining many of my pictures plus video that I shot while on the Allure. The DVD was put to music and is about 35 minutes long. I tried creating a wmv file to post to youtube but I would have to break it up into several parts. It was about 400mb for a medium quality. Does anyone know where I can post this? I might be able to upload it to my own website, which I will probably end up doing unless someone can suggest a good place to put it.

Just wanted to thank you for taking the time and energy to do this. What a treat! I have spent hours (literally) go through the entire post. I wish I could make my family sit still and do it as well. Gorgeous pictures..... Sailing in April and may just pretend I took these. LOL

Any chance you would email me the Cruise Compass? blia@wi.rr.com

Just sent them off to you, have a good time!

Just wanted to thank you for taking the time and energy to do this. What a treat! I have spent hours (literally) go through the entire post. I wish I could make my family sit still and do it as well. Gorgeous pictures..... Sailing in April and may just pretend I took these. LOL

Any chance you would email me the Cruise Compass? blia@wi.rr.com

I have the photoshop cs3 suite of programs. I have searched high and low for a horizon straightner tool, but I do not see one. Can you fill me in on this?

Thanks!

I've spent time in all of those places and I still find cruising VERY exciting ;)

Really great pictures, Shamda. Photography is also my hobby and I do NOT want to sound rude, but do you ever use the horizon straightener?

I use it all the time and I thought you might benefit from it as well, it'd make your sunset photos completely professional. It helped me a lot :o

I'd also love to have the cruise compass, when you have the time.

Thank You very much.

sinppu@gmail.com

I have the photoshop cs3 suite of programs. I have searched high and low for a horizon straightner tool, but I do not see one. Can you fill me in on this?

Thanks!

Hi!

I haven't used PhotoShop very much, but I do believe it should quite similar to the one I have used (CorelDraw.) You can use either Measure Tool or Crop Tool. I googled it and found many good instructions, for example:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/photoshop/qt/straighten.htm

I mostly straighten them when I upload them to Picasa, so maybe there is a similar tool in Photobucket too?

Sorry I can't be more helpful, I thought all programs would just have a "straighten the horizaon" tool :(

Thanks for that link, i will play with the measure tool, that looks like it might work. Next time I am bringing my tripod. I left it home this time.

Hi!

I haven't used PhotoShop very much, but I do believe it should quite similar to the one I have used (CorelDraw.) You can use either Measure Tool or Crop Tool. I googled it and found many good instructions, for example:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/photoshop/qt/straighten.htm

I mostly straighten them when I upload them to Picasa, so maybe there is a similar tool in Photobucket too?

Sorry I can't be more helpful, I thought all programs would just have a "straighten the horizaon" tool :(

:confused:

Which nights on the western caribbean itinerary are the formal nights. I have called RCI twice and got 2 different answers.....we want to book our alternative dining.

For us it was Sunday and Thursday

Thank you so much for all the pictures and thoughts on the Allure.

We took our first cruise ever, 3 nights on the Disney Dream and fell in love with cruising. We saw the Freedom of the Seas at the port and decided that would be the next ship we sail on. Now that I have been looking into it, it always seems like people recommend the Oasis class over the Freedom so I thought I was missing something.

I have been trying to pick between the Freedom vs one of the Oasis class and then between the Eastern and Western. Your review and pictures are making me think we might be better off going with our first choice of the Freedom. We are more interested in the ports/excursions than spending all of our time on the ship. We are not really big on the shows, we mostly just want a fun ship for DD and beautiful beaches with snorkeling/activities for DH. I like that the Freedom makes on extra stop on the Western or goes to Cococay instead of Nassau on the Eastern. It looks like the Eastern will be better for us.

Thanks again!

You will love the Freedom! We have done it twice.

We are trying Carnival this year because we felt the Allure/Oasis would be too big for us. One of our favorite things about cruising is knowing that you are on the water. We also love seeing different ports. We are saving so much money on Carnival verses RCCL, and this will allow us to have extra excursion money!

Howard, your review is great and photos are outrageous!

Thanks for taking the time and effort to post those wonderful pics. The cruise review was very insightful. Thanks again. PS...if I could trouble you to email those compass scans that would be great...KevinMShea@charter.net

THank you for sharing you experience. We are cruising on the Oasis in Feb and as it gets closer I spend more and more time on cc in order to help me make it until cruise day. We cruise the eastern so I know know they will be slightly different, but I would love to take a look at the compass if you are not to tired of sending it out.

Thank you for taking the time to take and share all of your pictures. Did you happen to get any of the cabins?

Scottgetter@gmail.com

Archived