Allure pictures to go with my review

shamda

Thank you for the compliment! I take my photography seriously and when someone compliments my work it really makes me feel good. Earlier in this thread someone mentioned that there are many Allure pictures here and if I did not post mine they would not be missed. I am glad that there are others that really appreciate them.

I mentioned earlier in the thread that I used a Nikon D300 with a Nikon 18-200mm lens. Most of the outdoor pictures were taken using a nikon polarized filter.

If you click on my webshots link on my signature here you can view all of the pictures from this cruise along with pictures from several of my other cruises. My real love is taking sunset pictures. I have not posted any from this trip yet, but will. I have some really good ones from my cruise on the NCL Pearl, Celebrity Solstice, and a few others in my webshots albums. Just click on the link, it should take you to my webshots home page.

Thanks again your post made my day.

Howard - received all the compasses - THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

Can I ask what camera you were using - I can't believe how vivid these colors are - they are some of the best pics I have seen?

The pictures are so close up and vivid. The absolute best I have seen on these boards. I'm really enjoying your review and if it's not too much trouble I would appreciate a copy of the compasses also, foxy_greystone@yahoo.com. I will be on the Allure in May. That is an underscore between the foxy and greystone.

Thanks, i appreciate the comment. I like those 2 also. Here they are again for those that want to know the pictures you are referring to. The third picture happens to be my favorite of the ones i posted so far. I have some good sunset pictures I will be posting later in the week as well.

2648306070102647168S600x600Q85.jpg

2742191450102647168S600x600Q85.jpg

2130053480102647168S600x600Q85.jpg

I found 2 that I really liked, what I call calendar shots. Good job

#1424 and #897-A

I sent them out to you. Please let me know if you did not get them.

The pictures are so close up and vivid. The absolute best I have seen on these boards. I'm really enjoying your review and if it's not too much trouble I would appreciate a copy of the compasses also, foxy_greystone@yahoo.com. I will be on the Allure in May. That is an underscore between the foxy and greystone.

I have a question about all the little food places, looks like a donut place, maybe cupcake place, etc. Are these all extra fees or included?

I was also surprised to hear you have to make reservations for the show months in advance. I haven't really looked into this class ship much is why I guess. We are sailing on one of the older, smaller ships next week. Starting to feel good about it, was worried but no temptations of all the extras!!

Great pictures! Thanks for posting them.

The cupcakes were extra as was the ice cream in the ice cream parlor. There was no charge for the donuts or for the hot dogs. What ship are you going on?

I have a question about all the little food places, looks like a donut place, maybe cupcake place, etc. Are these all extra fees or included?

I was also surprised to hear you have to make reservations for the show months in advance. I haven't really looked into this class ship much is why I guess. We are sailing on one of the older, smaller ships next week. Starting to feel good about it, was worried but no temptations of all the extras!!

Great pictures! Thanks for posting them.

Hi Howard,

Happy New Year! Thank you for the review and the BEAUTIFUL pictures. We are trying RC for the 1st time in March after 10 cruises on Princess. After reading and looking at your pictures I'm getting a feeling of what to expect. I won't get the true feeling until we are on the ship but I like the preview. If possible, when you get a chance can you please email me the compasses? I really appreciate it. We are traveling with our 11 yr old and I would love to see what activities they have that the whole family can do together before he ditches us for kids club :)

Thanks A Million,

Lisa

Momofmorgie@comcast.net

Lisa, I just emailed them to you. I am sure your son will find plenty to do!

Hi Howard,

Happy New Year! Thank you for the review and the BEAUTIFUL pictures. We are trying RC for the 1st time in March after 10 cruises on Princess. After reading and looking at your pictures I'm getting a feeling of what to expect. I won't get the true feeling until we are on the ship but I like the preview. If possible, when you get a chance can you please email me the compasses? I really appreciate it. We are traveling with our 11 yr old and I would love to see what activities they have that the whole family can do together before he ditches us for kids club :)

Thanks A Million,

Lisa

Momofmorgie@comcast.net

Done, you should have them in your inbox. I will try and put up some sunset pictures later today or this weekend. For all 7 nights the weather was not so great and was pretty cloudy, but I did manage to get a few good shots.

Absolutely great review and wonderful pictures. I can't wait to see the sunset pictures as I'm sure they are amazing! I am going on the Allure in Feb and can't wait. Would it be possible to email me as well

maggiemoore2010@gmail.com

Thanks again!!

Howard your pictures are outrageous! Thank you so much for your hard work and time. I wish I had half your talent!

I am taking interest in your review because we are currently planning a cruise for the summer. We are choosing between Carnival Pride, Carnival Freedom and RCCL Allure. Since we have the 4 kids (16, 14, 13, 9) we have to keep them in mind. If it was just me and my husband I would go with Celebrity. I was finally even considering Celebrity for port selections this summer but they have no cruises out of Florida in summer months. Very disappointing!

Although entertainment is important to us (which is why we don't want to do the Freedom of the Seas again...we've seen the same shows twice now and want something different), the ports and excursions are very important to us. We are not too picky about the food. Both the Western and Eastern itineraries with the Allure do not appeal to us since we have done them already which is why we are considering Carnival. Do you think we are making a mistake? The price difference is huge....$7000 vs $3200. If we do the Allure, we will not be doing excursions.

I appreciate any input. Thank you. :)

I'm really enjoying your pictures. Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures and respond to all the questions it's very helpful. Thanks a bunch.

I went on the Liberty of the Seas last year after not cruising for more than 20 years. I had a ball and had to go again. I was not really interested in the Allure, but selected it based on the dates I'm available. I'm looking forward to enjoying this new ship.

If possible I would also like a copy of the compass nettie2518@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance.

Archived