Allure pictures to go with my review

shamda

Our last port of call was Cozumel. We had been there a few times before and had seen the island. We really needed a nice quiet day of relaxation. Knowing that there were going to be 6 ships in port the same day I planned in advance to spend the day at a Nachi Cocumb which is a private beach. They only allow 100 guests. I believe the cost was $55 per person and includes open bar, lunch and the beach chairs. The food was pretty good. We really enjoyed the quiet. Only thing is that to make the reservation they charge $12 deposit. One of the members in our party got the stomach virus and was not able to leave the ship. I lost my deposit on her and they would not apply it towards the balance due for the rest of us. I guess it makes sense as they stop taking reservations at 100 people.

2222541400102647168S600x600Q85.jpg

2068303130102647168S600x600Q85.jpg

2993106090102647168S600x600Q85.jpg

2955779190102647168S600x600Q85.jpg

2364504870102647168S600x600Q85.jpg

I really enjoyed your pictures. They brought to light the various ports and features of the Allure. We are going in February on a western cruise. I would appreciate a copy of the Compasses so we can preplan our activities. Thanks again for the pictures and comments. Very informative.

Email Address: jtrayno@aol.com

It was nice, however one thing i forgot to mention it is about a 20 min cab ride from the port. I believe I paid about $20 each way. We decided to stop downtown and shop on the way back, so I think it was about $15 back to downtown and then another $10 back to the ship. These amounts included tip.

Nachi looks really nice I will have to try some time looks very similar to Mr Sanchos love the pictures!

Thanks so much for the pictures. Have been on Allure before and loved her. Going again in March was also wondering if you could please email me the compasses. Again, thank you so much for taking the time to post and email all of us. We all obviously love cruising and pictures are always great to see!!! My email is jennyacook@aol.com Thanks again

It really depends on many factors. Are they priced the same? Which ports of call would you visit? How old are you and what type of things do you like to do? I am sure you have found many forum threads here arguing which line is better. It really depends on you. For me I did not care much for the Dream. It was in no way shape or form as nice as the Allure. I thought the food and service may have been better on the Dream. but the ship seems cheap compared to the Allure. Now if you throw in the Celebrity Solstice class ships, I think it wins hands down in all categories. Again, that is just me.

Great pics!

I have a question...I am thinking of the Allure or Carnival Dream. What are your suggestions? Thanks!

I think I responded to everyone that requested the Compass files. If I missed you please let me know and I will send. Check your bulk or junk mail folders if you do not see them in your inbox.

Hi Howard - if you could send copies of the compasses to dwinakor@yahoo.com, I'd be grateful.

Thank you,

Dave

As I mentioned in my review the entertainment was the best I have ever seen on any cruise. We have been on many cruises on several lines and from top to bottom the entertainment on this ship was the best. Not only the main shows, but all of the entertainment around the ship. I have never seen so much going on late at night. Live music for all tastes. The jazz club was great, they had a salsa club that had a good band, they had a piano player in the schooner bar although being so busy we never made it up there. They had a piano player one night in the viking crown lounge. Nice place to go for a nightcap and to relax. The view from up there in unreal! The main shows were Blue Planet, Chicago, the aqua show, the ice skating show, the headliner show and the comedy show. There is an announcement before each show about photography. None of the shows allow flash photography, which I dont mind as I do not use a flash anyway. I do not believe any of them allow video although I saw many people using their cell phones to video. Again, crowds of people that do not care about rules and do what the want. They did not allow any photography in Chicago or the comedy club, so I do not have pictures from them. I do have the others and will post them here. I cannot finish a review about entertainment on the Allure without mentioning seat saving. They announce in each theatre that there is no seat saving. Of course that did not stop this group of over pushy passengers of doing what they want. I wont say anymore about this. My advice is to make your reservations online for the shows as much in advance as you can. If you cannot or forget, as soon as you board the ship head to the box office and do it there. You do not want to be on the lines for those without reservations. Again in summary, the entertainment was excellent, the fellow passengers made is stressful.

Ok, here are pictures from the show Blue Planet. Excellent and creative show that mixes singing, dancing and acrobatics. Sort of like Cirque but more emphasis on the singing and dancing. Very enjoyable show. Like I said above, they did allow non flash photography so I was able to take these pictures with no flash. We had decent seats which helps when taking pictures too.

2251891990102647168S600x600Q85.jpg

2707226940102647168S600x600Q85.jpg

2444408180102647168S600x600Q85.jpg

2302459440102647168S600x600Q85.jpg

2962378310102647168S600x600Q85.jpg

Archived