Allure pictures to go with my review

shamda

Thanks so much for sharing your spectacular photos with us!

We, too, will be sailing on The Allure, Western Itinerary, and would love if you could send me your copy of the Cruise Compasses to just4kixx at gmail dot com.

oh, and it it's not too much to ask? The file for the nachi pool pic too?

:p

Thanks again!

A~

Sorry we did not get to eat at Izumi, but others that did said it was very good. For the person that asked about cabin pictures, I do have some from our jr suite. I thought i posted some in this thread. I will go back and look. If not, i will post a few.

Me....(again)

I was wondering if you ate at Izumi or had any suggestions about it??? My daughter and I are thinking of trying their hot rock, but dont know anything about it???

Thanks,

Ellen

Thanks so much for posting the pictures and for your input on the Allure. DH and I are pretty quiet cruisers and you've given us good info. Can't wait to see the shows. Reservations should be opening soon for our late April cruise. We are going Eastern and I am glad we made that choice. Of course, as a resident of North Central Texas, I do look forward to beach days so that's not a downside of going Western for me. :)

I do not think I would have minded the crowds as much if some of my fellow passengers were nicer. I got pushed out of two elevators by the person behind me putting their hand on my back and pushing.

51 weeks out of the year I experience major stress and my wife has saved many lives and me from incarceration by being the voice of reason, but on a cruise I am just naturally relaxed and can tolerate 1000% more, but if someone put their hand on my back and pushed, they better be an Olympic quality boxer if they expect to get that hand or arm back. I did manage to avoid any elevator problems by not stopping at the first elevator I saw or by not getting on elevators like the ones near the shows when they let out. We did enjoy the artwork in the stairways a lot and avoided the elevators.

Ok, I did have one elevator problem. On the final day I tried to take the elevator to deck 4 for breakfast in the MDR, but it won't go below 5 on the final morning ;)

Shamda,

Thanks for the review and pictures. I'm thinking of booking a early 2013 cruise on either the Allure or the Oasis. I'm gonna take another Carnival this year then next year will be our first RCI cruise...can't wait.

Also, could you send me a copy of the Compass as well when you get a chance. I love to look through them just to get an idea of what I can expect when I finally go. desaun@hotmail.com

Thanks

Our cruise date was 12/4/11 and I was able to make my reservations about 3 months prior. Not sure if there is an exact amount of time prior that they open it up, but I would start looking around 3 or 4 months prior. I was able to get all the shows, but some of the restaurants were already booked for prime times.

I believe they open reservations for a block of cruises at a time, this is one good reason to participate in your roll call group. As soon as someone finds the reservations open they let everyone know. There isn't that many people in the roll call group that sharing causes anyone in the group to be frozen out, but in our roll call group everyone got their first choice for shows and the restaurant reservations.

Have a great time, btw, i have all of the Compass newsletters scanned by day if anyone wants them. Just let me know and I can email them to you. I don't think i can post them here as the file sizes are about 4mb per day.

I have just found your thread, great pics. We are taking our 14 and 17 year old nephews on the Allure for their first cruise in March. Would love to have the newsletters, my email is "alamodj@sbcglobal.net"

Now back to seeing the rest of the pics and then your review.

WOW!! Your pictures are FANTASTIC!! I am so sorry that your cruise was not as memorable as your beautiful pictures. You have a talent.

Your experience sounds a lot like ours 9 day on the Oasis for New Years in 2010. The rudest passengers we have ever experienced and some crew were saying the same thing. I was using a cane at the time due to knee surgery and more then once had it kicked out from under me deliberately, not to mention being pushed and shoved. We were told that New Years and the Christmas season out of Fort Lauderdale tends to have many many from the Latin and South American countries, never again out of that port for the holidays.

Again thank you for sharing and now I will go a read your review.

Your photos are fantastic. I had to go look to see what kind of camera you have and (sigh) I guess it's kind of like the Canon EOS Mark 5D which I want. In other words, out of my price range for now. I have a Canon T1i and it takes great pics, but the ones in the dark without flash tend to be VERY noisy. Your pics don't have noise, but you didn't use flash. Amazing!

Someday I will probably sail on the Allure or Oasis, but will plan on the ship being the destination rather than the ports. I don't care for the Western Ports, and have already been to the Eastern ports several times.

Hi, Your Green Bay Packer helmet caught my eye. We are originally from Wisconsin but live in Maryland. Then I saw your where you were from Cibolo, TX. My son and his family live there. We were there at Christmas. We went to Seaworld for the first time and had a great time.

We went on the Allure last April. As many people said the Allure can be your excursions. There is so much to do, see and eat. We did not have any crowds except the parades. We are not beach people but loved Labadee. We explored the rock that looks like a dragon, went on the roller coaster, had a couple of sodas using our cards and then ate lunch.

We enjoyed Falmouth. We went on a tour of sugar plantations (3). We learned about the history of the island and the early Europeans that came there. It was great. It did end with shopping.

Your first post, welcome to the club! I am honored that it was a thread that I started!

Great review and pictures!!!! Thanks so much for taking the time to share them! I would love for you to send me copies of the compasses when you get a chance. We're going this May.... 102 days to be exact! :D Woo Hoo!

raiderdolphin@bellsouth.net

Thanks again!!!!

Thanks for great pix and taking trouble of sending compass files to so many people. Those are great planning tools (for some of us who like to plan :D )

can it be just posted here as attachment?

if so, others can simply download it without having to trouble you.

thnx

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and beautiful pix.

I would love a copy of the compasses.

I know we have a long wait but there were so many things we missed on the Oasis I'll now have time to really go over it.

Elizabeth6299@sbcglobal.net

I greatly appreciate your time and effort:)

Thank You

Liz

I cannot attach the compass files here as they exceed the max file size that we are allowed to use here. The files are about 2.5 mb per day and there are 7 of them.

Thanks for great pix and taking trouble of sending compass files to so many people. Those are great planning tools (for some of us who like to plan :D )

can it be just posted here as attachment?

if so, others can simply download it without having to trouble you.

thnx

Archived