Allure pictures to go with my review

shamda

That was my thinking as well. I knew it would be too big and too crowded for me, but I wanted to see it. I am glad I did although I would never cruise that class ship again.

Gtreat pics! My wife and I had actually convinced ourselves that the Allure and Oasis were just too big, but after seeing these shots we might have to give it a try!

I sent them to you this morning. If I missed anyone that requested the compass files please let me know. I think I have sent them to all that have requested them so far.

Great pics!

Can you please also email me the compasses to my user name at yahoo.com when you get the chance?

Thank you.

The next set of pictures is from the ice skating show. Going back to what I said earlier getting seats at these shows I found very stressful. The show was great. The skaters were very good, the costumes were really good and the show was fun. My brother and his family had to leave in the middlle of dinner to get a good seat. My wife, mother and I got to the show about 35 minutes before the show started and had a hard time finding seats for the 3 of us in a row. We did find something but they were crappy seats behind a poll. My wife had gotten up to go to the bathroom and a woman came by and wanted to sit in her seat. I told her my wife was in the bathroom but she did not belive me. I guess she felt I was saving the seat. Just stress I do not need when I am on vacation. In all the cruises I have been on over the years I never had to deal with situations like this. I should have to arm wrestle this woman for the seat? Anyway, considering the seats we had I did manage to get some good pictures. Not easy with a poll and a bunch of heads in front of me, but here we go. The first is my favorite. Not an easy shot to get as I was taking pictures in low light with no flash and trying to keep my shutter speed high as to not have any blur from the quick movement of the skaters.

2289392310102647168S600x600Q85.jpg

2711599430102647168S600x600Q85.jpg

2772923510102647168S600x600Q85.jpg

2783706340102647168S600x600Q85.jpg

2751818200102647168S600x600Q85.jpg

I sent them to you this morning. If I missed anyone that requested the compass files please let me know. I think I have sent them to all that have requested them so far.

Howard thank you for offering to share the Compass with us.

Can you please send them to my Email?

It's. Isaifrometa@AOL.com.

Thank you again.

Isai

I thought I sent them to you a couple of days ago. I just sent them again. Please check your junk mail folder if you do not see them in your inbox.

Howard thank you for offering to share the Compass with us.

Can you please send them to my Email?

It's. Isaifrometa@AOL.com.

Thank you again.

Isai

Hi Howard - Great pictures! Thank you! My favorite cruise pics are of the delicious looking cruise food. Did you take those last three in the MDR? That seafood looks wonderful! Any more food pics?

DW and I were on the Oasis in May 2010. We just decided in the last few days to go on the Allure in January 2013 with our children and grandchildren.

Would you be so kind as to send me the compasses as well:

HLMack2301@aol.com

Thanks ever so much!

Harvey

Howard your pictures are outrageous! Thank you so much for your hard work and time. I wish I had half your talent!

I am taking interest in your review because we are currently planning a cruise for the summer. We are choosing between Carnival Pride, Carnival Freedom and RCCL Allure. Since we have the 4 kids (16, 14, 13, 9) we have to keep them in mind. If it was just me and my husband I would go with Celebrity. I was finally even considering Celebrity for port selections this summer but they have no cruises out of Florida in summer months. Very disappointing!

Although entertainment is important to us (which is why we don't want to do the Freedom of the Seas again...we've seen the same shows twice now and want something different), the ports and excursions are very important to us. We are not too picky about the food. Both the Western and Eastern itineraries with the Allure do not appeal to us since we have done them already which is why we are considering Carnival. Do you think we are making a mistake? The price difference is huge....$7000 vs $3200. If we do the Allure, we will not be doing excursions.

I appreciate any input. Thank you. :)

Fun Family!! Allure IS the excursion!!

The first picture was taken in the MDR the other two were taken at chops. I usually take more food pictures, but I did not this time. I have a couple of more which I will post here. These also were from chops.

2872218720102647168S600x600Q85.jpg

2943832710102647168S600x600Q85.jpg

2057649940102647168S600x600Q85.jpg

2147129690102647168S600x600Q85.jpg

Hi Howard - Great pictures! Thank you! My favorite cruise pics are of the delicious looking cruise food. Did you take those last three in the MDR? That seafood looks wonderful! Any more food pics?

DW and I were on the Oasis in May 2010. We just decided in the last few days to go on the Allure in January 2013 with our children and grandchildren.

Would you be so kind as to send me the compasses as well:

HLMack2301@aol.com

Thanks ever so much!

Harvey

RCCL should use your photos in their advertising!! Gorgeous. Have you entered any in travel photo contests?

We are Princess cruisers who are trying the Allure for a family trip. Like you, we did not choose this itinerary. It was the only week that worked for everyone.

I would be so grateful for the cruise compass files also.

jjgarner@bellsouth.net

Thank you!

KKGarner

Send me your email address and I will email the Compass files to you.

Could you send me the compasses too, please. I am sailing the 12 and 19 of Feb. My e mial is

wbishop at mymts dot net. Squeeze together and change the at AND DOT TO @ . thank you.

Howard, you have definitely gone above and beyond. I'm telling you. Just the other day our son and daughte-in-law booked the Allure for their family and asked us to join them.

I was just starting my research. I had already read your review in the review section and then came accross this post. Absolutely perfect. Thank you again.

On top of that, you must be a professional photographer. Gorgeous. I recognized alot from being on the Oasis. I have a year of anticipation. That's good too.

Sorry you had to endure rude and obnoxious other guests. I try to let all that roll off my back.

I got some reading to do.

Thanks one more time,

Harvey

Thanks for the kind words! I have never entered any of my pictures in any contests. I just love to take them and show them to others. Actually I have taken much better photos on other cruises. The weather did not help me on this one for sunset pictures. If you look at some of my other pictures on my other webshots albums you will see some of my sunset pictures. I have some pretty good ones that I would like to enter into a contest, but I am not familiar with any.

I hope you enjoy your cruise, it certainly is different than Princess. Have a good time, I will send the compass files out to you shortly.

RCCL should use your photos in their advertising!! Gorgeous. Have you entered any in travel photo contests?

We are Princess cruisers who are trying the Allure for a family trip. Like you, we did not choose this itinerary. It was the only week that worked for everyone.

I would be so grateful for the cruise compass files also.

jjgarner@bellsouth.net

Thank you!

KKGarner

Thanks for the compliment! I do photography as a hobby and that is about it. I took a class in photography many years ago when I was in high school. It was a long time ago way before the digital age. I learned much about the various camera settings. When the SLR cameras came out I had to dig deep into my memory to search out the knowledge that I once had. My first SLR camera was a nikon d80 and it was very user friendly and I took some great pictures with it. When I upgraded to the d300 it was much more difficult. I had to learn how to use the camera. I use all manual settings and have gotten to know the camera and its capabilities pretty well now.

I will be the first to admit that I am ultra sensitive to rude people. I cannot let it roll off my back anymore. You are lucky you can do that. We should not have to, you know?

Have a great trip, I still have a few more pictures to post from the aqua show and the headliner show.

Howard, you have definitely gone above and beyond. I'm telling you. Just the other day our son and daughte-in-law booked the Allure for their family and asked us to join them.

I was just starting my research. I had already read your review in the review section and then came accross this post. Absolutely perfect. Thank you again.

On top of that, you must be a professional photographer. Gorgeous. I recognized alot from being on the Oasis. I have a year of anticipation. That's good too.

Sorry you had to endure rude and obnoxious other guests. I try to let all that roll off my back.

I got some reading to do.

Thanks one more time,

Harvey

Thanks for posting all those great photos. My daughter and I have just been looking at them all and they give a great overview of the whole ship and are much better than the photos on their website. We are planning to go to the USA in September this year and would like to do a 7 night cruise on either Allure or Oasis as part of our 3 week trip. You have also confirmed to us that we should choose the Eastern Caribbean over the Western. We have beaches and shopping malls here too so we would like to see and experience something culturally different which the Eastern seems to offer. Thanks again:):)

Archived