Airport transfer with short stop at Sagrada Família on the way?

We thought we would have a day post-cruise in Barcelona but the difference in airfare is not worth it. Therefore, we now have a 11:20AM flight out of Barcelona the same morning we arrive. Our ship arrives at 5:00AM. We are hoping to by off by 7:30, get a private transfer that can also take us to Sagrada Família to see the outside of it then to the airport. We need to be at the airport for 9:20. Does this sound reasonable or should I just forget about trying to fit a church stop in (how far out of the way is the church)? Also, does anyhave have a private transfer company they would recommend that may consider doing this. We are a family of 7.

We thought we would have a day post-cruise in Barcelona but the difference in airfare is not worth it. Therefore, we now have a 11:20AM flight out of Barcelona the same morning we arrive. Our ship arrives at 5:00AM. We are hoping to by off by 7:30, get a private transfer that can also take us to Sagrada Família to see the outside of it then to the airport. We need to be at the airport for 9:20. Does this sound reasonable or should I just forget about trying to fit a church stop in (how far out of the way is the church)? Also, does anyhave have a private transfer company they would recommend that may consider doing this. We are a family of 7.

Sorry..I don't think this is a very good idea..not enough time...Enjoy your cruise :)

It is a shame not to be able to see something of Barcelona so I urge you to reconsider your plan!

IF you don't have a day PRE cruise then staying at least one day POST cruise would be important.

IF you are off the ship at 7:30AM and head straight up to Sagrada Familia, the drive would only be about 15-20min. given no traffic. Then you could allow a little time for looking and give yourself another 40min. or so to reach the airport.

You could be at the airport by 9AM fairly easily BUT there is no guarantee you'd be off the ship at 7:30--Stuff happens!!

Good luck!

Thanks for the tips.

At this point, we can't reconsider the plans. The flights are already booked. We only end in Barcelona (do not start there) so post-cruise was our only option. For whatever reason, the flight costs to fly out that same day were much less than flying out for the next 2 days and with a family of 7, we had to do this because it adds up.

We would love to try to fit in at least one stop. I know we can arrange to be one of the first off of the ship.

Does anyone know of a transfer company that would do a stop? Spanish Trails states on their website that they can add a short tour before an airport transfer but I have sent a few emails with no reply.

It is a shame not to be able to see something of Barcelona so I urge you to reconsider your plan!

IF you don't have a day PRE cruise then staying at least one day POST cruise would be important.

IF you are off the ship at 7:30AM and head straight up to Sagrada Familia, the drive would only be about 15-20min. given no traffic. Then you could allow a little time for looking and give yourself another 40min. or so to reach the airport.

You could be at the airport by 9AM fairly easily BUT there is no guarantee you'd be off the ship at 7:30--Stuff happens!!

Good luck!

I agree. If you get a car service from Barcelona Day Tours, they might be able to get it done, but the cost would be a bit much.

If you absolutely need to see Sagrada just take a cab there (should be about 15 min from dock in early AM) and then continue to the airport. You can be at the taxi stand at 7am; make sure that you carry the luggage yourself off the ship in order to avoid delays at the baggage carousel.

If the first leg of your flight is still within Europe, you do not need to be at the airport so early. Lufthansa suggests 45 min arrival ahead of scheduled departures. I would give it a little longer in case of unplanned circumstances!

If the first leg of your flight is still within Europe, you do not need to be at the airport so early. Lufthansa suggests 45 min arrival ahead of scheduled departures. I would give it a little longer in case of unplanned circumstances!

Yes, actually, there is only one leg to our flight because we are staying in Copenhagen for a few days. It is a direct flight on Spanair to Copenhagen.

Archived