What just happened!!!! Upgrade Fairy?????

Yo Eleven

Going on the Celebrity Millenium.

Booked a $99 inside guarantee (12) last week.

Tomorrow is the cruise and got this assignment. What just happened?

Did I do good? What kind of cabin is this?

Concierge Class, Vista Deck #7208 :eek:

If you got upgraded from an inside to a Concierge Class stateroom for a fair of $99 you made out like a bandit! I don't care if the cruise is even just a one-nighter. Holy smokes!!!

A CC cabin is the same size and layout as a standard veranda (so you 'll have a balcony!) plus a bunch of perks like a bowl of fruit in your room which they will replenish, (all you have to do is ask), a pillow menu, canapes delivered each evening, upgraded robes, flowers and a few others I can;t recall at the moment.

Way to go!!

If you got upgraded from an inside to a Concierge Class stateroom for a fair of $99 you made out like a bandit! I don;t care if the cruise is even just a one-nighter. Holy smokes!!!

The suspense is killing me!!!!!! Oh my gosh!!!!! What do I have? An inside? oceanview, balcony?????? This is crazy!!!!!! How did this happen?

Uh yeah...thats insanely good. You're basically going on a free cruise, you know that right?

My parents also got upgraded free to concierge class for a May Equinox voyage. The upgrade was free, saved about $1000.

Guess the its the celeb concierge class fairy.

Hi Yo Eleven,

Can't speak to the M-Class Ships... so not much help from me in regards to location etc.

BUT can tell you that with Concierge Class in addition to all the nice perks that come with that category (we intentionally chose it for our first cruise on Celebrity) that you will ALSO get a BONUS Captain's Club point... so you can build towards Elite Status sooner (and I personally think that is pretty sweet)

CONGRATULATIONS !!

As I've said before, the "Upgrade Fairy" INDEED DOES EXIST... you are but another lucky recipient of her charms !!

Cheers!

You have a killer room-

this is copied from X's site for your room number. Its a sunset verandah room (!)

• Early embarkation & debarkation
  • Priority check-in
  • Welcome sparkling wine, fresh fruit & flowers
  • Main & specialty restaurant seating preferences
  • Expanded room service breakfast menu
  • Evening hors d'ouvres, daily
  • Pillow menu, Plush Frette® bathrobes
  • Hansgrohe® massaging showerhead
  • Extra handheld hair dryer, Celebrity tote bag
  • 100% Egyptian cotton oversized bath towels
  • Complimentary shoeshine service, use of golf umbrella, & high-quality binoculars
  • Floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors
  • Sitting area with sofa
  • 32" LCD television
  • Vanity
  • Veranda with lounge seating

You have an aft C1 cabin, concierge class. On M-class ships, they are highly coveted for their aft location and huuuuge balcony-- almost as big as the cabin itself! We had 7208 on Summit and I counted myself lucky to get it for $999pp for a 7-night cruise. Your cruise is only a 2-nighter, but still...

Congratulations!!! I wish it could happen to me sometime.... Enjoy it for all of us:)

Thanks all!!!!!! I got my roll call to witness this. Over there i was expecting a room full of bedbugs, an anchor banging on the side of the wall, and a portapotti. I expected the worst. Never did a guarantee and believe me I went through LOTS of threads reading about it and how it is extremely rare to get such a high upgrade. Well it can be done. I got the proof!!!!!! :D

Is this your first Celebrity cruise? I'm wondering if that has something to do with the upgrade.

Oh and congratulations!

Yes it is indeed a first cruise. I sailed a lot on RCI though, but I have no idea how it happened. I am still in disbelief here!

We had 7208 last year on sister ship Connie. It's a GREAT ROOM!!

You not only got upgraded to Concierge class,.....You got one of the BEST CONCIERGE rooms on the ship!!

WOW.......Congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, if the upgrade fairy is standing in our room when we get there, we will be doing this!!!!!!! :D

Definitely think the OP was visited from the upgrade fairy because he has a lot of cruising history...but none on X. Our best upgrade was on RC. Paid $349 for an inside (8 day cruise repositioning from costa Rica to Fla.) and upgraded to a great balcony. We hadn't cruised on RC in more than a decade, but had frequently cruised X. . I think there is a bit of sibling competition between the two "related" lines!

Definitely think the OP was visited from the upgrade fairy because he has a lot of cruising history...but none on X. Our best upgrade was on RC. Paid $349 for an inside (8 day cruise repositioning from costa Rica to Fla.) and upgraded to a great balcony. We hadn't cruised on RC in more than a decade, but had frequently cruised X. . I think there is a bit of sibling competition between the two "related" lines!

Interesting point! But how does Celebrity know my cruising history? Do they do a profile on each passenger? The person I am sailing with never been on Celebrity let alone RCI. But I am just wondering how they would know my cruising history if it were on RCI. :confused:

Yes it is indeed a first cruise. I sailed a lot on RCI though, but I have no idea how it happened. I am still in disbelief here!

Interesting point! But how does Celebrity know my cruising history? Do they do a profile on each passenger? The person I am sailing with never been on Celebrity let alone RCI. But I am just wondering how they would know my cruising history if it were on RCI. :confused:

It is the same people that operate RC Crown & Anchor and X's Capt's Club loyalty programs.

If you have Crown & Anchor Platinum or Diamond status you should call X's Capt's Club at 1-800-760-0654 before they close at 11PM tonight and register with them as your RC status is transferable to X at the same level. Also make sure they know you are going on this X cruise tomorrow. This will make you Platinum or Elite for this cruise and get you the perks for that comes with that status. You must request this be done as it isn't done automatically. All you have to do is give them you RC C&A # and they will get all info from that account. We were RC Diamond so did this and had Elite status for our first X cruise.

It is the same people that operate RC Crown & Anchor and X's Capt's Club loyalty programs.

If you have Crown & Anchor Platinum or Diamond status you should call X's Capt's Club at 1-800-760-0654 before they close at 11PM tonight and register with them as your RC status is transferable to X at the same level. Also make sure they know you are going on this X cruise tomorrow. This will make you Platinum or Elite for this cruise and get you the perks for that comes with that status. You must request this be done as it isn't done automatically. All you have to do is give them you RC C&A # and they will get all info from that account. We were RC Diamond so did this and had Elite status for our first X cruise.

THANK YOU!!!!!! I just called and transferred my status! This is awesome!

Archived