Princess 'special' French Toast Recipe?

Pythian

Does anyone have the recipe for the Princess French Toast? The one with the corn flake crispy outside? It’s not in the Courses cook book, but, boy or boy is it good!

Thanks in advance! It's absolutely yummy and I so need a fix!

We had it mid cruise on our last trip on the Emerald in Oct of last year. It was on the menu, as well as departure day,

Stated that it is on the menu must mean it is not avaliable in the buffet other than the last day. I guess this is a way to make sure that you come back. :D. They give the best on the last day.

That sounds amazing. Where can you get this on the ship?

I was on the Ruby 30 Dec - 8 Jan 12, and I got it at the buffet twice, and in the MDR on day of departure. Not sure if it was available every day - as I don't always do breakfast - coffee and a donut is fine. But, did go up to breakfast at least twice, and on departure in the MDR (makes the last day a bit nicer taking time to eat in the MDR)

It is REALLY good stuff.

• 10 months later...

Maybe it's just me, but I've tried the James Beard french toast a few times and always found it to be soggy and the crust greasy... not appetizing at all. :( Our local Du-Pars (look it up!) makes the absolute best french toast on the planet... yummy with boysenberry syrup.

What I do at home is make my french toast per my recipe, but after dipping it in the egg batter and before putting it on the skillet, I dip it in the corn flake crumbs and then put it on the skillet.

I love this recipe, but every time I have had it on board, it has been cold and the bread not soaked through with the egg batter...making it dry and cold. I much prefer making it my way at home and eating it hot.

In all our cruising, I have never tried it and several people mentioned it this cruise (one saying it was too greasy because of being deep fried) so I ordered it from room service for brunch the last day and I have mixed feelings. It was still hot but I couldn't figure out if it was deep fried or not. I guess i need to try it again next cruise.

Maybe it's just me, but I've tried the James Beard french toast a few times and always found it to be soggy and the crust greasy... not appetizing at all. :( Our local Du-Pars (look it up!) makes the absolute best french toast on the planet... yummy with boysenberry syrup.

I had it once and I too found it lacking. I much prefer their pancakes.:)

In all our cruising, I have never tried it and several people mentioned it this cruise (one saying it was too greasy because of being deep fried) so I ordered it from room service for brunch the last day and I have mixed feelings. It was still hot but I couldn't figure out if it was deep fried or not. I guess i need to try it again next cruise.

When I've had it, it's been almost cube-shaped, so it had to be deep fried to finish all the edges. I'm not a sweets-for-breakfast person, but I like it once or twice a year when someone else fries it up for me. :)

I was on the Ruby 30 Dec - 8 Jan 12, and I got it at the buffet twice, and in the MDR on day of departure. Not sure if it was available every day - as I don't always do breakfast - coffee and a donut is fine. But, did go up to breakfast at least twice, and on departure in the MDR (makes the last day a bit nicer taking time to eat in the MDR)

It is REALLY good stuff.

Breakfast in the MDR on disembarkation day is the best. One of the reasons that we try to do a later disembarkation whenever possible.

Archived