Sapphire Anytime Dining - post dry dock

popper

Loved the 4 anytime dining rooms on Sapphire in 2010, if there was a wait for one, could hop over to one of the others for quicker seating.

Does anyone know how this is effected with addition of Crown Grill and removal of one of the 4 Anytime dining rooms? Worked so much better than the single Anytime dining room on Emerald, which had pagers and long waits.

Loved the 4 anytime dining rooms on Sapphire in 2010, if there was a wait for one, could hop over to one of the others for quicker seating.

Does anyone know how this is effected with addition of Crown Grill and removal of one of the 4 Anytime dining rooms? Worked so much better than the single Anytime dining room on Emerald, which had pagers and long waits.

Did you mean affected? Since we will be sailing on the March 10 sailing to Hawaii, I can let you know when we return... I am really looking forward to sailing on the newly refurbished Sapphire. We loved her without the refurb, and can't wait to see her!

Here's what I posted on the current thread about the Crown Grill & thus changes to the AT dining rooms...no changes.

This was Princess' email reply...

We apologize, however it appears that the Cruise Atlas was misprinted in error. We will not have a Crown Grill aboard Sapphire Princess and, as such, Sterling Steakhouse will remain on deck 14, as is represented in the deck plans for Diamond Princess on the preceding pages.

Are the menus the same in each Anytime Dining venue?
The menus for the Anytime Dining Rooms are exactly the same as the Traditional Dining Room. However, on the Sapphire, each of the AT Dining Rooms are themed differently, and each offer one specialty dish. Although I've heard that you could ask for any of the specialty dishes at any of the four AT Dining Rooms.

Are the menus the same in each Anytime Dining venue?

The Santa Fe Dining Room features fresh guacamole made tableside and fajitas (I believe they are chicken, but they might be beef, the Pacific Moon features a seafood (scallop and shrimp) stirfry with veggies and soft noodles (LOVE THIS!), and the Savoy features prime rib, and the Vivaldi features ravioli.

The Santa Fe Dining Room features fresh guacamole made tableside and fajitas (I believe they are chicken, but they might be beef, the Pacific Moon features a seafood (scallop and shrimp) stirfry with veggies and soft noodles (LOVE THIS!), and the Savoy features prime rib, and the Vivaldi features ravioli.

Hmmm.... I thought one of the signature dishes was osso bucco?

The Savoy had pork chops and Vivaldi had osso bucco when I sailed last time.

The fajitias were either chicken or beef but were not table side when we sailed.

This was a year go. Not sure if it has changed.

I had thought that the Savoy had pork chops and the Vivaldi had osso buco. That was the way it was over new years 2011.

The menus for the Anytime Dining Rooms are exactly the same as the Traditional Dining Room. However, on the Sapphire, each of the AT Dining Rooms are themed differently, and each offer one specialty dish. Although I've heard that you could ask for any of the specialty dishes at any of the four AT Dining Rooms.

So the specialty dishes in each dining room stay the same all week?

I had thought that the Savoy had pork chops and the Vivaldi had osso buco. That was the way it was over new years 2011.

Thats what it has been my last 2 cruises, but it might change over time.

If I could get Prime rib every night at the savoy, they might need a crane to get me off the ship :)

That might add enough seated space to Make all 4 midships room Anytime dining all the time.

Probably not. They'll still need an extra Dining Room for the early third Traditional seating. My guess is the Vivaldi will remain early Traditional.

On the Princess website it lists 4 anytime dining rooms on the Sapphire.....are there not 4 anymore?

3 1/2, the Vivaldi was traditional for the 1st seating, and open after that.

My question is if the seating in the International is significantly increased, would that free up the 1st seating in Vivaldi.

Its not a big deal. Other that the 1st night, we have never had to wait for a table.

On the Princess website it lists 4 anytime dining rooms on the Sapphire.....are there not 4 anymore?

The published plans for after the drydock combined the Vivaldi and Savoy dining rooms on deck 5 into a single dining room (Vivaldi) with the Crown Grill added in what was part of the Savoy.

That would leave three anytime (Pacific moon & Sante Fe on deck 6 and Vivaldi on deck 5) dining rooms although one of them might be assigned to the new early traditional seating on some voyages.

However, if the report that the Crown Grill was not added is true, then there is a question if the Savoy & Vivaldi were converted into one dining room.

I didn't know either. Found On-line: an Italian dish of braised veal shanks. Lots of recipes out there on the google, too.

DZ

People rave about it. It reminds me of pot roast. I don't get the fascination with it.

Archived