Princess Signature Pastas

Earthworm Jim

I've been looking at some of the menus posted and I see each day, under Princess Signature Pastas, they list the Fettuccine Alfredo plus one other pasta, which varies by day. I believe I've read here that the Fettuccine is available either as an appetizer or as the main course. Should I assume the same is also true for the other pasta dish that day as well?

Yes-- All pastas can be ordered as an entree or a side.
They can also be ordered as an appetizer. :)

On many of our cruises, one or two nights, the Table Captain prepares the pasta to order in his section. Hard to resist ordering it when the smells of garlic are wafting past. :)

Sometimes forgotten is that everynight at the evening buffett (Caribe cafe) they're preparing fresh pastas right in front of you too.

Super fresh, and tasty

Srpilo

Indeed, don't miss the asiago gnocci with creme sauce!

I've seen this done with several other dishes as well. For example their Walnut-pumpkin crepes are perfect in "side size".

Just keep in mind it's the meal size fettuccine that comes in the Parmesan bowl.

I love the Fettuccine and have most night as an appetiser this Feb I'm having it MAIN :D didn't know about the pamesan bowl see you always learn something on cc

Though I've been diabetic for several years now, i'm not one to turn down a good dish of pasta. I don't have it too often so when I do get it, I don't spend a lot of time (if any at all) worrying about how it's going to affect my diabetes. I should worry about how my dish of Tillamook ice cream :D is going to affect my blood sugar readings.

On our last cruise in October....we had a small tasting of pasta EVERY NIGHT!!! Was the highlight of our trip!! I'm Italian....and we really enjoyed the variety of different pastas and sauces.

...and in case you're wondering.....I did zumba every day at sea, and only gained 4 pounds.....not bad for a 29 day cruise!!

On our last cruise in October....we had a small tasting of pasta EVERY NIGHT!!! Was the highlight of our trip!! I'm Italian....and we really enjoyed the variety of different pastas and sauces.

...and in case you're wondering.....I did zumba every day at sea, and only gained 4 pounds.....not bad for a 29 day cruise!!

Also being Italian, I like your reasoning to rationalize my doing the very same thing each night. :D I don't Zumba but do use the treadmill regularly before dinner, use the stairs & walk in town to get similar results.

I got hooked on the pasta course on Sitmar in '88 where they would bring a platter of freshly made pasta to the table. My waiter seemed to know that when I said 'no more' that I really meant 'almost enough'. I don't know if Princess offered the pasta course before the merger with Sitmar but I sure was happy that it was also on Princess! :D

With everyone enjoying the fettuccine Alfredo in a Parmesan bowl so much, I'll have to try it on the Sapphire in March.

I'm so glad that Princess is adding the Alfredo's Pizzeria which is similar to those on Sitmar & the Sun-class ships. :D

The meals at Cafe Caribe are themed - which theme does this wonderful sounding pasta go with?

(I think I'm gaining weight just thinking about it! :D )

Italian!

:D:D

I as well am Italian and just love comparing notes with what "Grandma always did." ;)

I've been going on and on about the fettuccine since I read about the parmesian bowl in the secrets thread. (months) It's my husband's favorite pasta.

He was so disappointed! It didn't look appetizing at all so I didn't even try, but it looked dry. He didn't order it again. (Another reason we were disappointed overall in MDR last week.)

Some of the pastas in the buffet areas were quite good, though, as was the pasta at Sabatinis.

The meals at Cafe Caribe are themed - which theme does this wonderful sounding pasta go with?

(I think I'm gaining weight just thinking about it! :D )

Though themed, & most of time matching the MDR, there's still always fresh made pasta available

Srpilo

Thanks everyone.

Parmesan bowl? I'm having a tough time imagining exactly what that it, but it certainly sounds intriguing!

It is amazing! Basically you take grated Parmesan cheese and put it in a heated skillet. When the cheese melts, you take it out of the pan and can form it into whatever you want -- bowl, cone, rolled up like a cannoli. When the cheese cools, it takes on whatever shape you wanted it to. I am glad to hear that someone received the Parmesan bowl when they ordered the appetizer portion but I have never been able to get it....Only when I ordered the full-size dinner entree. Also, you can have roast/grilled chicken added to either the appetizer or the main entree. It is that good. Probably one of the best things I love about Princess.

It is amazing! Basically you take grated Parmesan cheese and put it in a heated skillet. When the cheese melts, you take it out of the pan and can form it into whatever you want -- bowl, cone, rolled up like a cannoli. When the cheese cools, it takes on whatever shape you wanted it to. I am glad to hear that someone received the Parmesan bowl when they ordered the appetizer portion but I have never been able to get it....Only when I ordered the full-size dinner entree. Also, you can have roast/grilled chicken added to either the appetizer or the main entree. It is that good. Probably one of the best things I love about Princess.

I have always wanted to try to make those bowls thank you :)

I have always been able to order the appetizer in the parm cheese bowl, since it is so rich I could not imagine it as an entree........well, I couldn't imagine my clothes shrinking rapidly in my stateroom closet after such a lovely meal :D:eek:

In case anyone wants to make the parmesan bowls at home, here is a recipe.

In a large nonstick skillet, spread 1/4 cup parmesan cheese thinly and evenly over the bottom to form a 7-inch circle. Put the pan over medium heat and cook until the cheese is bubbling and lightly browned, about 3 minutes.

Remove the pan from the heat. When the bubbling stops, about 1 minute, carefully remove the disk with a thin metal spatula and drape it over a bowl. Press gently with the spatula so it forms a bowl. Allow to cool.

Besides fettucine alfredo, this is a great way to serve caesar salads or regular salads.

It is exactly that, inside the pasta bowl there is another delicate bowl cradling your pasta and made totally out of cheese....I dream about it some nights...;)

Hubby and I dream about it too! We will often skip appetizers or salads and just each order an entree, then get the full order with the parmesan bowl to split. We've asked for the parmesan bowl with the appetizer portion when one of us doesn't want to split the full dish but haven't had any luck thus far getting anything other than pasta in the appetizer size. Only 6 more days until we get our parmesan bowl with fettucine!

Julie

Archived