Princess Signature Pastas

Earthworm Jim

Though I've been diabetic for several years now, i'm not one to turn down a good dish of pasta. I don't have it too often so when I do get it, I don't spend a lot of time (if any at all) worrying about how it's going to affect my diabetes. I should worry about how my dish of Tillamook ice cream :D is going to affect my blood sugar readings.

That's why I never cruise without my insulin!

It is amazing! Basically you take grated Parmesan cheese and put it in a heated skillet. When the cheese melts, you take it out of the pan and can form it into whatever you want -- bowl, cone, rolled up like a cannoli. When the cheese cools, it takes on whatever shape you wanted it to. I am glad to hear that someone received the Parmesan bowl when they ordered the appetizer portion but I have never been able to get it....Only when I ordered the full-size dinner entree. Also, you can have roast/grilled chicken added to either the appetizer or the main entree. It is that good. Probably one of the best things I love about Princess.

I like to make little Parmesan crisps to go with my Caesar salads. Just drop little piles of the cheese in a non-stick skillet on medium and flip when nicely light browned and they are crisp and delicious.

I love the alfredo! I have been eating it every time we eat in DR, about 5 of 7 nights since we started cruising. I have it as a main meal or appetizer depending on whats on the menu. Last cruise on the Sapphire it was very, very bland. :eek: Not at all like previous cruises. I had it 3 times hoping it would get better but it did not. I will be on the Crown soon and am looking forward to having it nightly again. VIVA FETTUCCINI!!:D:D

I'm not an alfredo fan' date=' I wonder if they'd serve just the parmesan bowl?[/quote']

My guess is "yes." Just ask. The worst they can do is say "no."

See below what someone once received when asking for nothing for dessert.

2047912510016033894S500x500Q85.jpg

A bowl made of parmesean cheese? That IS pretty cool.

Is this available only in certain rooms or certain times? Is it on all Princess ships (looking at Ruby or Crown)?

Thanks.

All the main dining rooms on all the ships. Make sure you get the entree size in order to get the bowl. We have never been able to get it with an appetizer size.

With the appetizer size, you don't get the parmesan bowl, only with the entree.

The last four cruises I have been on I have had the bowl, many times throughout each cruise, with an appetizer size, you just have to ask.

I was in PV last May and had a Caeser salad with parmesan cheese crisps as croutons...OMG So good.

• 1 month later...

I know this is a bit of a late reply, but one thing we do on just about every night of every cruise is order one pasta for the table to share - we just pass it around, and whoever wants some can put some on their plate. Of course there are always six or eight of us traveling together, which makes sharing easy. We have always enjoyed sampling the pastas!

I will soon be on my first Princess cruise and can't wait to try the parmesan bowl. Sounds delicious!

When you order the Fettuccine Alfredo in an entree size portion, do you have to request to get it in the Parmesan Bowl? The reason I'm asking is that the menu doesn't mention that is comes in a Parmesan Bowl. It just says "Fettuccine Alfredo - The all-time favorite from Rome". It sounds delicious, and I definitely want to try it on my next cruise.

When you order the Fettuccine Alfredo in an entree size portion, do you have to request to get it in the Parmesan Bowl? The reason I'm asking is that the menu doesn't mention that is comes in a Parmesan Bowl. It just says "Fettuccine Alfredo - The all-time favorite from Rome". It sounds delicious, and I definitely want to try it on my next cruise.

No, it automatically comes in the parmesan bowl. It is a very pleasant surprise when they bring it out.

No, it automatically comes in the parmesan bowl. It is a very pleasant surprise when they bring it out.
Thanks. It sounds delicious. I would have tried it on my earlier Princess cruises if I knew about it. They should mention it on the menu.

Archived