Celebrity Solstice Storage (S-CLASS SHIPS)

Sloop-JohnB

They're on sale at Target this week

http://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=fabric+drawers&category=0|All|matchallpartial|all+categories

HOWEVER - I am not so sure they're a good idea. If you fold all of your tops and put them in the over the bed storage you can see at a glance (even if you have to stand on the bed ;)) what you have.

If you put all of your tops in a storage cube you'll have to sort through the whole pile each time.

Plus there's the added weight (even if it's minimal ) of the cube itself in your luggage.

I actually find the small hanging space in the closet to be the biggest problem for us.

We're going to try the magnetic hooks for the wall for our next cruise.

Just my thoughts on this.........

We used these...they worked out great...we put small items in them....socks, undies, swim, ets...

That way u could just slip it out of the overhead....they were 1 dollar at xmas tree store

They're on sale at Target this week

http://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=fabric+drawers&category=0|All|matchallpartial|all+categories

HOWEVER - I am not so sure they're a good idea. If you fold all of your tops and put them in the over the bed storage you can see at a glance (even if you have to stand on the bed ;)) what you have.

If you put all of your tops in a storage cube you'll have to sort through the whole pile each time.

Plus there's the added weight (even if it's minimal ) of the cube itself in your luggage.

I actually find the small hanging space in the closet to be the biggest problem for us.

We're going to try the magnetic hooks for the wall for our next cruise.

Just my thoughts on this.........

I don't use them for tops, I hang those in the closet. I use them for underwear, bathing suits, shoes, miscellaneous stuff. I also use one on the floor of the closet as a laundry hamper. Personally, I never leave home without at least some of these.

First time on Eclipse this Summer, this thread has been invaluable in planning ahead where all our "bits and bobbins" will fit..I have sourced the magnetic hooks here in England through Amazon. I think these will be great to hang my posh frocks and prevent them being squished if closet space is limited.I am not a light packer...;)

Hi All,

Hopefully this will work...

3 Photos...

(Thumbnails only... as of yet haven't mastered the art of Larger Photos here on the CC Boards)

1- The "Safe" side of the Cupboard / Closet on the Celebrity Solstice

2- The "Shower end" and attachment of the "Twisty Clothesline" to the Peg in the Shower (2nd Peg visible to the lefthand side of photo)

3- The "Bathroom Vanity end" and attachment of the "Twisty Clothesline" to the Magnetic Hook (looks like 2 in the photo because of reflection in the Bathroom mirror)

Picture 3 shows the Magnetic 20 Lb Hooks that we picked up at WalMart pre-cruise... LOVED them would highly recommend.

Hope that this info is helpful to others,

Cheers!

I asked in Wal Mart about magnetic hooks, and they were clueless. They directed me to the adhesive "Command" hooks.

Also where did you get the clothesline?

Thanks.

Does Celebrity still have the little white cardboard covers for the water glasses in the room?

If they do then I have a GREAT tip.

I turn them upside down and put small jewelry or change in them in the safe so they don't get lost on the open bottom.

Also, I got magnetic hooks at Home Depot and the clothes line at REI.

Call your local stores to make sure they're in stock - i had to go to a couple of stores to find them.

Barbara, the walls are metal, magnetic hooks will work.

Does anyone know if a pop-up mesh hamper will fit in the closet of the Silhouette cabin? I'm a neat freak and want to keep my cabin clutter-free and store stuff out of sight. I've used one of the clear shoe-holder pocket organizers, but want it out of sight, like on the inside of the bathroom door. Is there room for it in there?

Thanks!

• 5 months later...

We always use one of our empty suitcases under the bed for our dirty clothes. We fold them to maximize space. It has always worked out well for us as the closet always seems to be full of our clean clothes. On the plus side, that's one less suitcase to pack when it's time to go home.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 5 months later...
Hi Garry!

But I'm going to be using the life jacket basket as a footrest (thanks to a great idea on another thread) on my large balcony which doesn't come with footrests!

Given the strange things we've found under the beds over the years, I don't think I'd be comfortable storing my clean clothes there. I've noticed when I pull my suitcases out, they are covered with fuzz and dust. Just a thought.

Footrest idea is great for me. I love feet up and this will be ideal as have a sun veranda large balcony.

Barbara, the walls are metal, magnetic hooks will work.

Does anyone know if a pop-up mesh hamper will fit in the closet of the Silhouette cabin? I'm a neat freak and want to keep my cabin clutter-free and store stuff out of sight. I've used one of the clear shoe-holder pocket organizers, but want it out of sight, like on the inside of the bathroom door. Is there room for it in there?

Thanks!

You will lose a hook on the inside of the door

We ordered magnet hooks on Amazon...it was a gret tip found here on CC

Edited by 20pluscruises

• 5 years later...

Hello! Getting excited to sail Sept. for Alaska in balcony room shared with my sister. We grew up camping in small trailer and both own an RV so have come up with space saving ideas from what we have learned and read: dollar tree folding bins fit perfectly into the over the bed storage for our smaller packing cube items, using magnet hook to hang small wall pockets next to bed for glasses, phone,  book etc, with more magnet hooks by door for grab n go items, papers go into folder held by magnet clips, removable command hooks in bathrm for wet clothing, Bagail flat toiletry bags and packing cubes to utilize bathrm and desk storage, bringing folding hangers from Amazon, folding bin for shoes,  hanging organizer in closet, packable duffle for dirty clothes with sleeve that fits over carry on at end of cruise.. . Clothes in one carry on and these items plus toiletries in smaller bag. 

Love to hear of more ideas to organize the cabin?!

Edited by grandma bee
Spelling

Btw both my sis and I use CPAP machines. Tx for the posts that solved problems of distilled water, extension cord and night stands. We will put them in their cases under the bed in a.m with ext. cord. Using battery tea lights from dollar store for night light also!

Edited by grandma bee

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 4:47 AM, grandma bee said:

Hello! Getting excited to sail Sept. for Alaska in balcony room shared with my sister. We grew up camping in small trailer and both own an RV so have come up with space saving ideas from what we have learned and read: dollar tree folding bins fit perfectly into the over the bed storage for our smaller packing cube items, using magnet hook to hang small wall pockets next to bed for glasses, phone,  book etc, with more magnet hooks by door for grab n go items, papers go into folder held by magnet clips, removable command hooks in bathrm for wet clothing, Bagail flat toiletry bags and packing cubes to utilize bathrm and desk storage, bringing folding hangers from Amazon, folding bin for shoes,  hanging organizer in closet, packable duffle for dirty clothes with sleeve that fits over carry on at end of cruise.. . Clothes in one carry on and these items plus toiletries in smaller bag. 

Love to hear of more ideas to organize the cabin?!

Do you know what size folding bins fit in the above bed storage.  I got some from dollar Tree  10.5 x 11".  Does that sound like the right size?

3 hours ago, Suewhite2 said:

Do you know what size folding bins fit in the above bed storage.  I got some from dollar Tree  10.5 x 11".  Does that sound like the right size?

That's the exact size of the folding bins that I've been using in the above bed storage for years now. Mine were from Target but you've got the right size. I use three of them, but I don't recall if a fourth one would fit if needed.

Edited by Blue_Flame

56 minutes ago, Blue_Flame said:

That's the exact size of the folding bins that I've been using in the above bed storage for years now. Mine were from Target but you've got the right size. I use three of them, but I don't recall if a fourth one would fit if needed.

Thanks so much.  For a dollar, I figured I can just leave them on the ship at the end of the cruise even though they fold flat and are very lightweight.