Celebrity Solstice Storage (S-CLASS SHIPS)

Sloop-JohnB

Hi All,

CELEBRITY SOLSTICE STORAGE (S-Class Ships)

I’ve noticed in the months since first booking my cruise (June 2011) that many Cruisers ask for detailed info about storage on the Celebrity Ships (and in particular the S-Class series)… so in the interest of helping out others, I offer up some measurements that I took on my recent cruise (Solstice – January 15, 2012).

Hopefully this info, will be helpful to others as they sit at their computers at home trying to visualize the layout of the regular (Inside – Outside – Veranda – Concierge – and Aqua Class) cabins.

*NOTE – There are great pictures here on Cruise Critic of the Cabins (far more detailed than any I took)… and tons of info in regards to the layout of cabins, balcony’s etc… so hopefully combined with my measurements, one will wonder no more…

Overall we found that the storage space within the Cabin was adequate (we were 2 persons, who we feel brought a lot of stuff)… the secret is finding a game plan that works for you and how you live.

1- THE CUPBOARD / CLOSET

This is a stand-alone unit

The Overall Dimensions (opening) is aprox 41 Inches Wide x 6 Feet High x 16.5 Inches Deep

There is a shelf that is at the top of the Closet, and goes the full width.

Top Shelf Dimensions = 41 Inches Wide X 6 Inches High X 16.5 Inches Deep

Below this there is a hanging rail that goes the full width of the closet (41 Inches Wide)

On one side of the Closet is the Room Safe (SOLSTICE SHIP ONLY), and below it 2 Cubbies that serve as a good spot to store shoes.

The distance from the Top Rail to the top of the Safe Shelf is 41.5 Inches

The 2 Cubbies are identical in size = 19 Inches Wide X 7 Inches High X 16.5 Inches Deep (on any other S-Class Ship other than the Solstice, there are 3 identical cubbies… as the Room Safe is elsewhere in the cabin)

On the opposite half of the closet (20+ inches Wide) you have the flexibility of leaving all the hanging as full length (63.5 Inches to Floor of Closet)

OR, one can utilize the built in Flip-Down Bottom Rail to divide the hanging space up even further.

With the flip-down bar in the down position…

Top Rail to the Bottom Rail is 32 Inches Long.

Bottom Rail to the Floor is 32.5 Inches Long.

The Bottom Rail is aprox 12 Inches Wide.

With the Flip-Down Bottom Rail in place, there remains 8.5 Inches to the outside where there is space for longer full-length items (63.5 Inches Long)

COMMENTS

* The Celebrity Bathrobes are usually found in the Closet upon arrival… there are hooks on the back of the bathroom door… we moved them to there so as to make more room in the Closet.

* The Celebrity Umbrellas (Concierge Class) are typically found in the Closet… the large one standing in the corner, and the smaller retractable one on a shelf.

* We used the Top Shelf of the Closet for our “Going Home Clothes”… this made packing up our last night overnight bag easier.

* We utilized the Flip-Down Bottom Rail so as to enjoy double the hanging space (used it for things like Shirts, Blouses, and Pants). This left us with aprox 8.5 Inches at one end of the Closet for Long Hanging Items (mostly used for Skirts & Dresses)

* We brought a couple of Magnetic Hooks (20lbs from WalMart) for the walls, and used them outside of the Closet to hang up our Formal Clothes (Tuxedo and 2 Long Gowns) on hangers… this freed up more room in the Closet, and kept our Formal Clothes less cramped.

* We used the Cubbies to store shoes… 2 pairs would fit into each of the cubbies side by side.

2- ROOM SAFE

The Safe is very roomy in size (interior) = 17 Inches Wide X 6 Inches High X 16 Inches Deep

COMMENTS

* The safe was ample big enough… it easily could accommodate… Our Passports, a folder with our Travel Papers / Tickets etc, our Ipad, our Ipod Touch, my smallish purse, hubby’s wallet, our good camera when not in use, a small jewellery box, and an assortment of loose change & coins (and still there was lots of spare room). On future trips, I would bring along some sort of a tray "to corral" smaller loose items.

NOTE – Be careful when locking the safe with your personal code, one time our fingers must have slipped (in a hurry I guess) and we some how must have entered the wrong code (thereby changing it)… when we retried to open the Safe it wouldn’t open… and then as a safety measure, it went into Lock-Down. We had to call Guest Services to come and open it (they come up with a special key and a master code and they asked us to confirm who we were to them with ID as well). It took only a few minutes to right the wrong… but it was a tad embarrassing.

3- DESK & VANITY

Across from the bed along the opposite wall is the Desk & Vanity (Bureau) combo.

The Vanity is higher than the Desktop. The latter has a chair, and is open below, this is where you will find the in room Garbage Can… tucked in underneath.

On the transition area between the Vanity and the Desktop (side of the Vanity) is where you will find a variety of outlets / plug-ins… and a light switch for the Brighter Light Strip (Make-Up Lights) that are above the Mirror that hangs on the Wall above the Desktop.

The Desktop is 31 Inches Wide at the wall side. It is 16 Inches Deep on the side it shares with the Vanity (Bureau)… and only 7 Inches Deep on the open ended side. There is a shallow drawer within the desk (sorry I forgot to measure it)

The Vanity has 5 Drawers, a Cubby and the space for the Refrigerator / Cooler. On one end there is a magazine rack that is filled with Travel Brochures etc from Celebrity that promote the Destinations you’ll be visiting on your cruise.

The back wall above the Vanity incorporates the hanging Big Screen Tv. The television is capable of being pivoted so that it can be enjoyed both when sitting on the sofa, or when sitting in bed… on the same wall between the Vanity and the Desktop is a very small set of shelves… only a couple of inches wide.

Within the Vanity, the 5 Drawers and Cubby are sized as follows…

The Top 2 Drawers are the same size = 3 Inches High X 14.5 Inches Wide x 12 Inches Deep

Drawers 3 and 4 are identical in size = Almost 5 Inches High X 14.5 Inches Wide x 15.5 Inches Deep

Drawer 5 = is Almost 5 Inches High X 14.5 Inches Wide X 16 Inches Deep

The Cubby opening is = 10.5 Inches High X 18.5 Inches Wide X 15.5 Inches Deep (on S-Class Ships other than the Solstice this is where the Room Safe is located)

COMMENTS

* We didn’t utilize the Desk Drawer very much. It is big but very shallow. We tended to keep our Charging Cords in there, the two different Tv Remotes, and the extra set of Cutlery that we picked up in the Buffet

* The Desk Top itself was pretty cramped… tended to be used as a “Beverage Centre” by us… Coffee Mugs, Water Bottles, and the Champagne Bucket… PLUS our Concierge Class Flowers.

* Our Room Steward did an excellent job at keeping both our Champagne and Ice Buckets topped up with fresh ice.

* The Vanity Top was equally as busy (it sits just below the wall hung Tv) … for us it kind of served as our “Information Centre”… and was the spot where we tended to drop things on the way in and out of the cabin (copies of Celebrity Today, other paperwork, Travel Guides, Highlighters etc). Lol, our Cabin Stewards did an amazing job, of keeping that spot straightened up for us.

* The very tiny shelves on the back wall of the Vanity next to the Tv don’t offer up a lot in the way of usable space… so for us they were under utilized… they did however serve as a good spot to store the small set of Celebrity Binoculars (Concierge Class)

* We used all 5 Drawers and the Cubby for Storage.

* The Top Drawer became our “junk drawer”… the place we put our various Receipts accumulated around the ship, Pens, Notebook, Lanyards when we went ashore etc. We got this tip off of the CC CELEBRITY BOARD and it did work out well for us… having one central spot for all those misc odds & ends (receipts in particular)… made locating stuff at the end of cruise to match up with our Ship Board Account Print-Out pretty easy.

* The remaining 4 Drawers we used for Small articles of clothing… Bras, Underwear, Socks, Pantyhose, PJs etc.

* The Cubby is where we found the Concierge Class Hair-Dryer, and it is also where we stuffed our “Water Wear”… Bathing Suits, Snorkels, Beach Bags, etc.

* I understand that after the Solstice was built, that Celebrity moved the Room Safe to the Cubby in the Vanity… I’m thinking that I’d miss this space on another ship… as it worked so well for us as is

* Refrigerator / Cooler – We didn’t bother asking our Room Steward to remove the contents… and rarely went in there. I did keep a small carton of milk in there one time overnight (and although it wasn’t COLD by any means, the milk was fine the next morning for use in my tea)

4- THE BED

When the two single beds are pushed together into one, the mattress size works out to be aprox 72 Inches Wide X 80 Inches Long along the centre line (but as the bottom of the bed is curved at the outside edges where it is the shortest it is just 72 Inches Long)

The top of the Matress is 24 Inches from the floor.

The Under Bed Height / Clearance is 13.5 Inches

COMMENTS

* Overall we had no problem stowing under the bed 2 Regular Sized Suitcases, a Duffle Bag, a Small Wheeled Carry-On, and an Overnight Bag (along with the fact that this is where the Ship stows a Basket filled with Life Jackets). ALL fit under the bed without issue.

5- NIGHT TABLES

These are on either side of the bed near the head… they are open shelving (3 shelves) and quite small (one is also home to the Cabin Telephone). Each shelf is aprox 13 Inches Deep and 7 Inches Wide along the wall / headboard side… they taper down to a mere 6 inches wide at the front end.

COMMENTS

* We really only used the top shelf of our Night Tables. There was enough room for a bottle of large water, our watches, eye-glasses, and our mini flashlights nightly (and any bedtime chocolates that happened not to get ate)

6- OVERBED STORAGE

There are two lockers above the bed… each of them are 44.5 Inches Wide X 12 Inches High X 11 Inches Deep (so combined they span the whole 89 Inches across the headboard)

COMMENTS

* This space although in a somewhat awkward spot did work out well for us. We put all our folded clothes up there… Tshirts, Polos, Golf Shirts, Shorts, etc. (and without any organization aids).

7- BATHROOM STORAGE

In the Bathroom there are 4 shelves that are within a glassed in cabinet. Each of these Shelves are… 7 Inches Wide X 10 Inches Deep X 10 Inches High

Below the glass cabinet is another shelving area (behind a wood door). There are 2 adjustable shelves within this space (I didn’t move them around, but one could do so easily enough if needed). The shelves here are 7 Inches Wide X 10 Inches Deep and the entire space is 23 Inches High.

In our case the spacing of the shelves were 8 Inches to the top one, 5.5 Inches to the middle, and 9.5 Inches to the bottom

In the bathroom vanity there is also 2 centre drawers each of these are 3 Inches High X 6 Inches Wide X 6 Inches Deep… below this is where one will find the cubby where the garbage can is located. And at the far end of the Vanity there is a space that is used for Bathroom Cleaning Supplies by the Room Steward (extra TP and the Toilet Brush)

There is also a bit of shelving area below the vanity, and if you move things around a bit, maybe a couple of more inches atop near the sink.

As well there is a stainless steel grid-shelf in the shower (perfect for soap, shampoo, conditioner, ladies razor)

COMMENTS

* We utilized the majority of the available space in the Bathroom (there really is TONS)

* The glassed in cabinet shelves were perfect for daily needs… it was easy to designate a shelf for each of us, and one for meds, and for the last we moved the 2 tall skinny glasses provided onto one shelf, and that is where we stored our toothbrushes, toothpaste & mouthwash.

* The lower shelves behind the cupboard door is where we stored our Toiletry Kits, and misc cleaning items we had brought along when not in use (laundry supplies, disinfecting wipes etc)

* The two small drawers in the Bathroom Vanity were under utilized… most of the time they were empty !! Infact Mr Sloop thought they were fake fronts just for show… as they had magnetic systems that kept them closed (for rough seas) and one actually needed to give them a good strong tug to open them.

--- --- ---

Hope this info proves helpful to those making plans for their upcoming Solstice or S-Class Cruise.

:):):)

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Hi All,

CELEBRITY SOLSTICE STORAGE (S-Class Ships)

I’ve noticed in the months since first booking my cruise (June 2011) that many Cruisers ask for detailed info about storage on the Celebrity Ships (and in particular the S-Class series)… so in the interest of helping out others, I offer up some measurements that I took on my recent cruise (Solstice – January 15, 2012).

Hopefully this info, will be helpful to others as they sit at their computers at home trying to visualize the layout of the regular (Inside – Outside – Veranda – Concierge – and Aqua Class) cabins.

*NOTE – There are great pictures here on Cruise Critic of the Cabins (far more detailed than any I took)… and tons of info in regards to the layout of cabins, balcony’s etc… so hopefully combined with my measurements, one will wonder no more…

Overall we found that the storage space within the Cabin was adequate (we were 2 persons, who we feel brought a lot of stuff)… the secret is finding a game plan that works for you and how you live.

1- THE CUPBOARD / CLOSET

This is a stand-alone unit

The Overall Dimensions (opening) is aprox 41 Inches Wide x 6 Feet High x 16.5 Inches Deep

There is a shelf that is at the top of the Closet, and goes the full width.

Top Shelf Dimensions = 41 Inches Wide X 6 Inches High X 16.5 Inches Deep

Below this there is a hanging rail that goes the full width of the closet (41 Inches Wide)

On one side of the Closet is the Room Safe (SOLSTICE SHIP ONLY), and below it 2 Cubbies that serve as a good spot to store shoes.

The distance from the Top Rail to the top of the Safe Shelf is 41.5 Inches

The 2 Cubbies are identical in size = 19 Inches Wide X 7 Inches High X 16.5 Inches Deep (on any other S-Class Ship other than the Solstice, there are 3 identical cubbies… as the Room Safe is elsewhere in the cabin)

On the opposite half of the closet (20+ inches Wide) you have the flexibility of leaving all the hanging as full length (63.5 Inches to Floor of Closet)

OR, one can utilize the built in Flip-Down Bottom Rail to divide the hanging space up even further.

With the flip-down bar in the down position…

Top Rail to the Bottom Rail is 32 Inches Long.

Bottom Rail to the Floor is 32.5 Inches Long.

The Bottom Rail is aprox 12 Inches Wide.

With the Flip-Down Bottom Rail in place, there remains 8.5 Inches to the outside where there is space for longer full-length items (63.5 Inches Long)

COMMENTS

* The Celebrity Bathrobes are usually found in the Closet upon arrival… there are hooks on the back of the bathroom door… we moved them to there so as to make more room in the Closet.

* The Celebrity Umbrellas (Concierge Class) are typically found in the Closet… the large one standing in the corner, and the smaller retractable one on a shelf.

* We used the Top Shelf of the Closet for our “Going Home Clothes”… this made packing up our last night overnight bag easier.

* We utilized the Flip-Down Bottom Rail so as to enjoy double the hanging space (used it for things like Shirts, Blouses, and Pants). This left us with aprox 8.5 Inches at one end of the Closet for Long Hanging Items (mostly used for Skirts & Dresses)

* We brought a couple of Magnetic Hooks (20lbs from WalMart) for the walls, and used them outside of the Closet to hang up our Formal Clothes (Tuxedo and 2 Long Gowns) on hangers… this freed up more room in the Closet, and kept our Formal Clothes less cramped.

* We used the Cubbies to store shoes… 2 pairs would fit into each of the cubbies side by side.

2- ROOM SAFE

The Safe is very roomy in size (interior) = 17 Inches Wide X 6 Inches High X 16 Inches Deep

COMMENTS

* The safe was ample big enough… it easily could accommodate… Our Passports, a folder with our Travel Papers / Tickets etc, our Ipad, our Ipod Touch, my smallish purse, hubby’s wallet, our good camera when not in use, a small jewellery box, and an assortment of loose change & coins (and still there was lots of spare room). On future trips, I would bring along some sort of a tray "to corral" smaller loose items.

NOTE – Be careful when locking the safe with your personal code, one time our fingers must have slipped (in a hurry I guess) and we some how must have entered the wrong code (thereby changing it)… when we retried to open the Safe it wouldn’t open… and then as a safety measure, it went into Lock-Down. We had to call Guest Services to come and open it (they come up with a special key and a master code and they asked us to confirm who we were to them with ID as well). It took only a few minutes to right the wrong… but it was a tad embarrassing.

3- DESK & VANITY

Across from the bed along the opposite wall is the Desk & Vanity (Bureau) combo.

The Vanity is higher than the Desktop. The latter has a chair, and is open below, this is where you will find the in room Garbage Can… tucked in underneath.

On the transition area between the Vanity and the Desktop (side of the Vanity) is where you will find a variety of outlets / plug-ins… and a light switch for the Brighter Light Strip (Make-Up Lights) that are above the Mirror that hangs on the Wall above the Desktop.

The Desktop is 31 Inches Wide at the wall side. It is 16 Inches Deep on the side it shares with the Vanity (Bureau)… and only 7 Inches Deep on the open ended side. There is a shallow drawer within the desk (sorry I forgot to measure it)

The Vanity has 5 Drawers, a Cubby and the space for the Refrigerator / Cooler. On one end there is a magazine rack that is filled with Travel Brochures etc from Celebrity that promote the Destinations you’ll be visiting on your cruise.

The back wall above the Vanity incorporates the hanging Big Screen Tv. The television is capable of being pivoted so that it can be enjoyed both when sitting on the sofa, or when sitting in bed… on the same wall between the Vanity and the Desktop is a very small set of shelves… only a couple of inches wide.

Within the Vanity, the 5 Drawers and Cubby are sized as follows…

The Top 2 Drawers are the same size = 3 Inches High X 14.5 Inches Wide x 12 Inches Deep

Drawers 3 and 4 are identical in size = Almost 5 Inches High X 14.5 Inches Wide x 15.5 Inches Deep

Drawer 5 = is Almost 5 Inches High X 14.5 Inches Wide X 16 Inches Deep

The Cubby opening is = 10.5 Inches High X 18.5 Inches Wide X 15.5 Inches Deep (on S-Class Ships other than the Solstice this is where the Room Safe is located)

COMMENTS

* We didn’t utilize the Desk Drawer very much. It is big but very shallow. We tended to keep our Charging Cords in there, the two different Tv Remotes, and the extra set of Cutlery that we picked up in the Buffet

* The Desk Top itself was pretty cramped… tended to be used as a “Beverage Centre” by us… Coffee Mugs, Water Bottles, and the Champagne Bucket… PLUS our Concierge Class Flowers.

* Our Room Steward did an excellent job at keeping both our Champagne and Ice Buckets topped up with fresh ice.

* The Vanity Top was equally as busy (it sits just below the wall hung Tv) … for us it kind of served as our “Information Centre”… and was the spot where we tended to drop things on the way in and out of the cabin (copies of Celebrity Today, other paperwork, Travel Guides, Highlighters etc). Lol, our Cabin Stewards did an amazing job, of keeping that spot straightened up for us.

* The very tiny shelves on the back wall of the Vanity next to the Tv don’t offer up a lot in the way of usable space… so for us they were under utilized… they did however serve as a good spot to store the small set of Celebrity Binoculars (Concierge Class)

* We used all 5 Drawers and the Cubby for Storage.

* The Top Drawer became our “junk drawer”… the place we put our various Receipts accumulated around the ship, Pens, Notebook, Lanyards when we went ashore etc. We got this tip off of the CC CELEBRITY BOARD and it did work out well for us… having one central spot for all those misc odds & ends (receipts in particular)… made locating stuff at the end of cruise to match up with our Ship Board Account Print-Out pretty easy.

* The remaining 4 Drawers we used for Small articles of clothing… Bras, Underwear, Socks, Pantyhose, PJs etc.

* The Cubby is where we found the Concierge Class Hair-Dryer, and it is also where we stuffed our “Water Wear”… Bathing Suits, Snorkels, Beach Bags, etc.

* I understand that after the Solstice was built, that Celebrity moved the Room Safe to the Cubby in the Vanity… I’m thinking that I’d miss this space on another ship… as it worked so well for us as is

* Refrigerator / Cooler – We didn’t bother asking our Room Steward to remove the contents… and rarely went in there. I did keep a small carton of milk in there one time overnight (and although it wasn’t COLD by any means, the milk was fine the next morning for use in my tea)

4- THE BED

When the two single beds are pushed together into one, the mattress size works out to be aprox 72 Inches Wide X 80 Inches Long along the centre line (but as the bottom of the bed is curved at the outside edges where it is the shortest it is just 72 Inches Long)

The top of the Matress is 24 Inches from the floor.

The Under Bed Height / Clearance is 13.5 Inches

COMMENTS

* Overall we had no problem stowing under the bed 2 Regular Sized Suitcases, a Duffle Bag, a Small Wheeled Carry-On, and an Overnight Bag (along with the fact that this is where the Ship stows a Basket filled with Life Jackets). ALL fit under the bed without issue.

5- NIGHT TABLES

These are on either side of the bed near the head… they are open shelving (3 shelves) and quite small (one is also home to the Cabin Telephone). Each shelf is aprox 13 Inches Deep and 7 Inches Wide along the wall / headboard side… they taper down to a mere 6 inches wide at the front end.

COMMENTS

* We really only used the top shelf of our Night Tables. There was enough room for a bottle of large water, our watches, eye-glasses, and our mini flashlights nightly (and any bedtime chocolates that happened not to get ate)

6- OVERBED STORAGE

There are two lockers above the bed… each of them are 44.5 Inches Wide X 12 Inches High X 11 Inches Deep (so combined they span the whole 89 Inches across the headboard)

COMMENTS

* This space although in a somewhat awkward spot did work out well for us. We put all our folded clothes up there… Tshirts, Polos, Golf Shirts, Shorts, etc. (and without any organization aids).

7- BATHROOM STORAGE

In the Bathroom there are 4 shelves that are within a glassed in cabinet. Each of these Shelves are… 7 Inches Wide X 10 Inches Deep X 10 Inches High

Below the glass cabinet is another shelving area (behind a wood door). There are 2 adjustable shelves within this space (I didn’t move them around, but one could do so easily enough if needed). The shelves here are 7 Inches Wide X 10 Inches Deep and the entire space is 23 Inches High.

In our case the spacing of the shelves were 8 Inches to the top one, 5.5 Inches to the middle, and 9.5 Inches to the bottom

In the bathroom vanity there is also 2 centre drawers each of these are 3 Inches High X 6 Inches Wide X 6 Inches Deep… below this is where one will find the cubby where the garbage can is located. And at the far end of the Vanity there is a space that is used for Bathroom Cleaning Supplies by the Room Steward (extra TP and the Toilet Brush)

There is also a bit of shelving area below the vanity, and if you move things around a bit, maybe a couple of more inches atop near the sink.

As well there is a stainless steel grid-shelf in the shower (perfect for soap, shampoo, conditioner, ladies razor)

COMMENTS

* We utilized the majority of the available space in the Bathroom (there really is TONS)

* The glassed in cabinet shelves were perfect for daily needs… it was easy to designate a shelf for each of us, and one for meds, and for the last we moved the 2 tall skinny glasses provided onto one shelf, and that is where we stored our toothbrushes, toothpaste & mouthwash.

* The lower shelves behind the cupboard door is where we stored our Toiletry Kits, and misc cleaning items we had brought along when not in use (laundry supplies, disinfecting wipes etc)

* The two small drawers in the Bathroom Vanity were under utilized… most of the time they were empty !! Infact Mr Sloop thought they were fake fronts just for show… as they had magnetic systems that kept them closed (for rough seas) and one actually needed to give them a good strong tug to open them.

--- --- ---

Hope this info proves helpful to those making plans for their upcoming Solstice or S-Class Cruise.

:):):)

Cheers!

What a great overview of the cabins...now I have a general idea where we can store our belongings....

The Celebrity Umbrellas (Concierge Class) are typically found in the Closet… the large one standing in the corner, and the smaller retractable one on a shelf.

Super, super detailed job and report!!! Fortunately, we didn't to use any of the umbrellas in our Concierge Class room last June in the Med. Our secret? We found that "Don't Rain" button in our room! Did you have that secret button in your room? Don't let out that well-hidden location.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 60,049 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Edited by TLCOhio

The safe on the Equinox is in the cubby above the frig. The top shelves in the closet were as described but I only remember one hanging rail in the closet which went the full length of the closet and there were no cubbies. The above the bed storage was spacious but hard to access for a short person. We kept some items in a suitcase under the bed and rotated them out as we wore clothing which went into a suitcase designated for soiled garments. The bathroom had great storage and the nightstands were really small. We loved the ship and didn't find the limited storage a real problem.

There is no retractable clothesline in the bathroom so it is helpful to have some plastic hangers for bathing suits etc. There were some hooks in the bathroom and two hooks on the wall opposite the bathroom. The attached photos should be helpful.

The cabins alternate with the bed near the balcony (as pictured) and the bed near the closet. Otherwise the standard cabins are the same.

IMG_9754.jpg.060a578c98dbc384997f351d4eb7e7de.jpg

IMG_9757.jpg.d8aa246549a1852d3ca6f3d136570bab.jpg

IMG_9759.jpg.0a597da983c2ce55989ef8ce5e6ece45.jpg

IMG_9762.jpg.f4ca64b4e5f24c6f30602e37303f73c9.jpg

IMG_9765.jpg.0b31f0387a256a3e4c68a41f570957a1.jpg

The Silhouette has a slightly different arrangement.

The closet does not seem to have any horizontal shelf on top of the closet.

2191661190096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

Also, while it also doesn't have the "dental floss" line in the shower, it does have two hooks in the shower enclosure.

2353189680096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

Also, the tp holders on the Solstice were poorly designed and the rolls were forever falling off, both in our cabin and in the public bathrooms. The Silhouette had redesigned holders and the tp rolls never fell off.

Great detailed info.

If I may add, we are reasonably light packers and found the storage in a standard CC cabin to be barely adequate. Luckily, we packed a hanging pocket bag as a catch all. I wonder about all those passengers we saw with 3 or 4 pieces of luggage. Perhaps they had a larger suite :)

The closet was large enough but hard to access. We missed some shelving in the closet as we have had on other ships.

The bathroom storage drawers were plentiful, but so small for any reasonable use. We did like the glass cabinets in the bathroom , as these were nice and roomy.

The cabinets above the bed are too cumbersome for everyday use.

The safe is a nice size, but a little low for easy access. It might be better if it sat on the cubbies rather that inside one.

The cabin, and especially the bathroom, were very nice but "yikes" that storage space needs some work!

M

TO EITHNEMAY - QUEEN OF CRUISING - and TLC OHIO

Thank you for your support / comments. Much appreciated.

=== === ===

TO GIANNAD - and THE BIG BOOPER

Great pictures... thanks for sharing.

I knew that some of the S-Class Ships were slightly different from the orignal (The Solstice) that changes have been made to the basic design over time... (like the Room Safe being moved to the Vanity vs the Closet)

Interesting to hear that cubbies and the top shelf have been discontinued in the Closet (that is too bad, because we found them both to be quite useful... especially the cubbies when it came to shoe storage)

Good comments in regards to the lack of a Clothes Line... and LOVED the detailed photos of the pegs in the bathroom.

For anyone reading this... there are actually 2 sets, one on the back of the Bathroom Door and then 2 more in the Shower at Ceiling height (which is where I believe that THE BIG BOOPER took the photo of)

In our case, we brought along one of those "twisty clothes lines" (no pegs required) that has hooks and suction cups at both ends... we were able to secure the hook to one of the pegs in the shower, and the other end to a magnetic hook (from Walmart) that we attached to the wall near the ceiling at the other side of the Bathroom near the vanity.

Lol, we never had an issue with the TP falling off the dispenser... if anything we had an issue with getting the paper to come off the roll itself, because of the wierd covering that went over the roll... so more often than not we just had the TP off the dispenser on the bottom shelf of the vanity...

Cheers!

PS... If I can figure out to attach photos here, will do that as well.

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Great detailed info.

If I may add, we are reasonably light packers and found the storage in a standard CC cabin to be barely adequate. Luckily, we packed a hanging pocket bag as a catch all. I wonder about all those passengers we saw with 3 or 4 pieces of luggage. Perhaps they had a larger suite :)

The closet was large enough but hard to access. We missed some shelving in the closet as we have had on other ships.

The bathroom storage drawers were plentiful, but so small for any reasonable use. We did like the glass cabinets in the bathroom , as these were nice and roomy.

The cabinets above the bed are too cumbersome for everyday use.

The safe is a nice size, but a little low for easy access. It might be better if it sat on the cubbies rather that inside one.

The cabin, and especially the bathroom, were very nice but "yikes" that storage space needs some work!

M

HI CRUISEGIRL1,

Wow, what a contrast... in experiences.

I take it you were also on the Solstice (based on your description of the location of the Room Safe)

We like to consider ourselves light packers in the normal scheme of things... but this being our first cruise, we did seem to bring more stuff than normal for a fly-in vacation (I just wasn't all that sure about what to pack to wear with the 3 types of clothing requirements - Day Wear / Smart Casual / Formal)... so we would have been some of those folks that you saw with the extra suitcase (or in our case, a duffle bag / sports bag filled with sporting goods and shoes :rolleyes: )

All the same we found space in our cabin for everything that we brought... with some even left over (bathroom drawers in particular)... mind you we used the desk drawer for a few items as that was were the Vanity Mirror with the best lighting was located.

As for the Storage Lockers above the bed... it isn't by any means the most "convenient" of places I'll agree ... and at 5'-4" I could manage, but it was nice to have my 6' Hubby along to reach up there whenever I needed something :D

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Hi All,

Hopefully this will work...

3 Photos...

(Thumbnails only... as of yet haven't mastered the art of Larger Photos here on the CC Boards)

1- The "Safe" side of the Cupboard / Closet on the Celebrity Solstice

2- The "Shower end" and attachment of the "Twisty Clothesline" to the Peg in the Shower (2nd Peg visible to the lefthand side of photo)

3- The "Bathroom Vanity end" and attachment of the "Twisty Clothesline" to the Magnetic Hook (looks like 2 in the photo because of reflection in the Bathroom mirror)

Picture 3 shows the Magnetic 20 Lb Hooks that we picked up at WalMart pre-cruise... LOVED them would highly recommend.

Hope that this info is helpful to others,

Cheers!

1421005721_DSCF5889(2)(465x620).jpg.cdb10c30f4169d950a848f2d129353d2.jpg

1156217814_DSCF6254(2)(620x465).jpg.4420239aab5de8b5de4e657c2891f855.jpg

560649644_DSCF6255(2)(620x465).jpg.bf7018a5c3b611f88642006909ed3209.jpg

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

In my view, the over-the-bed cupboard is really only useful for storage if what you put in it is in collapsible storage bins of some sort that can be pulled down easily. We had quite a discussion about this on another thread. Now that Ms. Sloop has so kindly provided us with the exact dimensions of this space, I know what kinds of additional bins to be looking for. Only one of the ones I had with me fit up there. I used the larger one for a laundry hamper and the smaller one for a "drawer" on the drawerless bedside shelf.

Picture 3 shows the Magnetic 20 Lb Hooks that we picked up at WalMart pre-cruise... LOVED them would highly recommend.

Hope that this info is helpful to others,

Cheers!

Hi this is so helpful. Thanks for posting. Where/or what department in Walmart do you buy these 20 lb hooks? I hate wandering around there aimlessly looking for things.

Thanks.

We were on Solstice, and I felt the shelf at the top of the closet was wasted, as I was afraid I would put something up there, it would get moved back out of the sight of a short person, and get left behind. EM

Hi Essiesmom,

Lol, that would be one of the reasons WHY we put our last day clothing up there...

Also meant we had less to think about come "Packing Day" as we got that aspect organized when we arrived and therefore didn't find ourselves at the last minute saying "Gosh what am I going to wear / not pack?"

Cheers!

In my view, the over-the-bed cupboard is really only useful for storage if what you put in it is in collapsible storage bins of some sort that can be pulled down easily. We had quite a discussion about this on another thread. Now that Ms. Sloop has so kindly provided us with the exact dimensions of this space, I know what kinds of additional bins to be looking for. Only one of the ones I had with me fit up there. I used the larger one for a laundry hamper and the smaller one for a "drawer" on the drawerless bedside shelf.

Hi Happy Cruiser 6143,

I am sooo glad that I could help you... as your info and generous attitude did so much to help me these last 7 months... right from that very first "Welcome" that you gave me when I found CC.

Lol...

Who knows I may have to call again on your "expertise" in the future ;)

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

The Silhouette has a slightly different arrangement.

The closet does not seem to have any horizontal shelf on top of the closet.

2191661190096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

The Eclipse was the same way. I don't recall there being either a shelf nor cubbies in the closet. I was going to post a picture too but it looks just like yours!!

Hi this is so helpful. Thanks for posting. Where/or what department in Walmart do you buy these 20 lb hooks? I hate wandering around there aimlessly looking for things.

Thanks.

I would like to know where to find them also. thanks

TO CRUSING CHICK and CAYMAN COUPLE,

Somewhere in hardware... where the rest of the hooks are located (not far from those 3M Command Hooks & Hangers)

I looked on line at the WalMart Website and couldn't find the ones I bought...

Maybe I can make a trip over to the store this weekend, and take another look for you both... get the actual name of the product (they come in packaging).

Cheers!

Thanks.

I would like to know where to find them also. thanks

Somewhere in hardware... where the rest of the hooks are located (not far from those 3M Command Hooks & Hangers)

Maybe I can make a trip over to the store this weekend, and take another look for you both... get the actual name of the product (they come in packaging).

Cheers!

If you go to Amazon and search for Magnetic Hooks you'll find many, some of which are rated to hold as much as 50lbs. For example look here or here. I'm sure lots of other web sites, and hardware/household stores carry such items.

Cheers!

Oh wow, thanks. Don't make a special trip, but, if you are there would love that information.

Thanks

When we were on the Solstice in June of 2010, we both felt that the balcony cabin was lacking in storage. So when we went on the Silhouette I wanted to carefully document the storage issues. That is why I took a closeup of the hooks in the shower enclosure. My wife had troubles reaching the overhead storage bins over the bed on both ships but by standing on the bed she could reach the inside of both bins.

There is another storage area in these cabins that nobody has ever talked about. On the Silhouette we discovered, on the last full day, that there was a wide pullout draw in the couch. We never opened it during the trip but as we were packing I decided to try pulling the handle figuring it was a bed. Instead it was this wide shallow usable storage area. I don't know if it is intended for storage of blanets or spreads but it was there the whole trip and we never thought to pull on the handle until that last sea day. The Silhouette has a different type of couch then the Solstice.

Silhouette couch - notice the handle on the lower section.

2713823330096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

I blew up the section with the handle after the fact while I was posting to Webshots at home, I didn't think to take a picture while we were on the ship and the couch draw was pulled out for 5 minutes.

2595908310096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

The Solstice couch is a different design -

2106546980096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

My wife is 5'2" and I took this picture on the Silhouette to show the height issue of the over the bed storage areas.

2960202670096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

Edited by The Big Booper

Here are some fairly detailed pictures of storage in AQ1552 on the Solstice to go along with Sloop's measurements.

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/7051726_vv4jcB#!i=451757803&k=uMKch

TO ELENA7SEAS,

Fabulous photos to compliment this topic... thanks ever so much for sharing !!

Always great when someone can put a visual to written info... and now when it comes the Solstice they can.

Cheers!

TO ELENA7SEAS,

Fabulous photos to compliment this topic... thanks ever so much for sharing !!

Always great when someone can put a visual to written info... and now when it comes the Solstice they can.

Cheers!

You are very welcome. :)

When we were on the Solstice in June of 2010, we both felt that the balcony cabin was lacking in storage. So when we went on the Silhouette I wanted to carefully document the storage issues. That is why I took a closeup of the hooks in the shower enclosure. My wife had troubles reaching the overhead storage bins over the bed on both ships but by standing on the bed she could reach the inside of both bins.

There is another storage area in these cabins that nobody has ever talked about. On the Silhouette we discovered, on the last full day, that there was a wide pullout draw in the couch. We never opened it during the trip but as we were packing I decided to try pulling the handle figuring it was a bed. Instead it was this wide shallow usable storage area. I don't know if it is intended for storage of blanets or spreads but it was there the whole trip and we never thought to pull on the handle until that last sea day. The Silhouette has a different type of couch then the Solstice.

Silhouette couch - notice the handle on the lower section.

2713823330096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

I blew up the section with the handle after the fact while I was posting to Webshots at home, I didn't think to take a picture while we were on the ship and the couch draw was pulled out for 5 minutes.

2595908310096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

The Solstice couch is a different design -

2106546980096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

My wife is 5'2" and I took this picture on the Silhouette to show the height issue of the over the bed storage areas.

2960202670096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

It is indeed for a bed if needed a mattress will be inserted to make it a trundle bed......;)