holiday inn p.o.m

cruzin w chris

You are correct on all counts. It is popular because of its location, and the negative reviews are justified, IMO (obviously). But some people really like it.

The "Search this funtion" button back on the main page will bring up literally dozens, maybe hundreds of threads about this hotel. This is discussed regularly here. :)

You are correct on all counts. It is popular because of its location, and the negative reviews are justified, IMO (obviously). But some people really like it.

The "Search this funtion" button back on the main page will bring up literally dozens, maybe hundreds of threads about this hotel. This is discussed regularly here. :)

I agree completely.

My personal MO is that the HIPOM is a POS.

The reason I think that is because the hotel grossly overcharges naive cruisers who aren't savvy enough to get past the POM.

Miami is one of the most colorful, vibrant, sultry, sexy, arsty cities in the US, certainly more so than any cruise stop in the Caribbean and it makes me crazy when cruisers will not get out and see just a teeny bit more of Miami.

I was booked at the HI for our April cruise, but i found the Hampton Inn and Suites Downtown (only open a few months) for less money and it gets fabulous reviews.

The HI has a great location but the reviews changed my mind.;)

Stayed at the HI POM this last January. Hotel is a little run down. They are in the process of remodeling which should be done early summer. Once done I would stay there again. Great location and nothing beats looking out your window in the morning of the cruise and seeing your ship come into port.

I was booked at the HI for our April cruise, but i found the Hampton Inn and Suites Downtown (only open a few months) for less money and it gets fabulous reviews.

The HI has a great location but the reviews changed my mind.;)

We stayed at the HIPOM last March. The hotel itself was ok but nothing to brag about. The area is terrible. Each time we walked outside the hotel we were confronted by pan-handlers begging for money, ciggarettes & beer.

The motel has no shuttle to the port. On the morning of a cruise cabs line up outside the motel. Drivers will charge as much as they can get and make the short drive to the port with the meter off.

The restaruant inside the HI is over-priced and low quality.

This is a good location to stay IF you want to stay locked in your room and order room service.

We are wondering if anyone knows if the renovations will be completed on time-

- we have enjoyed this place in the past (several yrs ago was the latest) as it is across from Bayside..

we are open to a change for our two nights pre-cruise in Dec 2012, but most other hotels are quite a bit more expensive....& I do not like highrises

any ideas will be appreciated..Thanks

I will say it one more time. I stayed here three years ago, and really liked it a lot. I guess that means Im naive, and I am not savvy! I wouldnt want to stay for week, but for one night pre cruise. Great location, and the room was clean and well equipped. Depending on rates, I would stay here again when I cruise in October. This of course just my naive opinion.

The Doubletree Biscayne bay has about the same rates as Holiday Inn--we'll be there two nights pre-cruise..

Which one is better?? Just looking for nice views, sun & some nice lunch/dinner out

Doubletree is an easy choice over HI. :cool: In addition to some rooms with POM view and a great pool area the bar/restaurant in the lobby is very good option for dinner. Shopping for last minute items, soda, water beer and wine in the covered areas connecting this hotel to the Marriott and condos. Or walk 2 blocks to BIN 18 (Biscayne and 18th) - great food and an extensive wine and craft beer list. :D

Bayside is a tourist trap (IMHO). Good luck! :)

progress.gif

We stayed here 1-14-12 for 1 night pre-cruise. Located across from Bayside Marketplace with shopping and several restaurants. Rooms small and clean, but very busy with cruisers. many better hotels for the price we paid... only here because our group was booked here. Shuttle for our group of 16 was $5.00 pp.

The Doubletree Biscayne bay has about the same rates as Holiday Inn--we'll be there two nights pre-cruise..

Which one is better?? Just looking for nice views, sun & some nice lunch/dinner out

Last time we stayed at the Doubletree Biscayne bay it was old 80's decor and rooms very small. Great rooftop pool with views of the cruiseport. I would not stay here again.

thanks to all who posted here

we'll also check out the Marriot Biscayne Bay but I think it was much more for the night...

the Double Tree pool is being re-done according to their website..& pics on the website of rooms look like they have been modernized....we'll decide soon..but not cruising for awhile!

we have to see if the shared ride service form FLL airport will go there as well as Bayside.. we have enjoyed Bayside in the past but the neighborhood near it is getting seedy & we are ready for a change!

The Marriot was much more expensive so we booked a bayfront balcony room at the Doubletree--they seem to have nice places to eat, a good view & nice pool area...

The shared ride shuttle goes there from the FLL airport so we'll be all set...

Archived