Suite Question: What is the "Exclusive Elite Lounge"?

jchipgcs

Thanks a lot! I'm on my pre-cruise diet, trying to avoid a midnight snack, and just the mention of the Stilton made my mouth water...god, that stuff is good.

Too funny! I ate really carefully on the Emerald EXCEPT for Stilton nights and goat cheese nights and still gained 9 pounds. Those cheeses are deadly!!!

I agree with the principle...but considering they put out the same thing you can get almost every night elsewhere on the ship for free, and unless you happen to want the one umbrella drink they reduce the price on that day you pay full price for the drinks, I think stealing may be a little harsh...

Then, why not just get it for free in that other venue?

Not, as the previous poster suggested, lie -- pretending to be

in a suite.

Personally, I have never found the suite/elite cocktail hour worth

going to, and it would be fine if they simply discontinued it.

It's certainly not anything I would ever bother the sneak into.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

We save the Platinum/Elite lounge , especially on longer cruises, as a nice, mellow place for a bite and a drink while enjoying the sail away. The views, when the lounge is in SkyWalkers, are just great. Nice conversation, etc. It's all about relaxation, and not to be considered a meal or drink haven. Some of the best times we've had, especially on our 20 plus Princess cruises, have been meeting new people over a drink/snack and outstanding view. ENJOY.

On a 17 day SF to FLL through the Panama Canal it was never crowded. I love to go on Stilton night. :) On that cruise (Coral Princess) it was held in a corner of Explorer's. We didn't have an issue with the drinks. It seems to depend on the particular cruise or staff but many say they aren't restricted to the "special" drink of the evening and get something else for the same (slightly) discounted price. I know my wife ordered something else and it wasn't an issue. When they have Stilton the drink of the evening is port. Works for me.

We met some fellow CC members in that venue during that cruise. Turned out to be quite nice people. :)

Edited by Thrak

Pam, Crown hasn't changed much. Got better snacks etc in Horizon. We had a better dinner in Horizon on formal night and took an hour less than MDR. Best Medaterranean Lamb I've had aboard. It was served rare and you could if you wish have it grilled for Medium etc.

We love it and try to go every night.

Noticed our friend Roland in the photo!

Great waiter!

We look forward to lounge every day. DH drinks too many Chairman of the Boards (Chairmen of the Board? LOL) and we meet fun people to talk to. I love the shrimp fountain, but they have been scaling back on that for some reason. My daughter loves guacamole night. I know some people think it's a big waste of time, but I love it and don't want it to go away. OH! And yes, the wait staff is always the BEST!

We've pretty much always had the Platinum, Elite & Suite (5pm -7pm) gathering in Skywalkers. On the Grand it was in the OneFive.

With so many Elites now, we have avoided many of them, but, depending on the itinerary and length of cruise, you may really want to go.

There seems to be a lot of Veggies and Dip now. They also have salsa night, a port infused cheese night and other more unmemorable offerings. The Shrimp night is nice, but it is dumbed down to the same 20-25U they serve in the MDR.

But, it is a nice place to sit and enjoy sailaway, depending upon your itinerary and how loud they play the music now to chase all the tons of people out before 6pm.

Couple questions:

We've got a suite on the Caribbean Princess in April. On the Princess website that has the perks for being in a suite it mentions an "Exclusive Elite Lounge with complimentary hors d’oeuvres". What / Where would that be and is it open all the time?

2nd question is about coffee. On a recent NCL trup their suites all had super automatic espresso machines where we could make our own unlimited coffee drinks in the cabin, no extra charge. Anything like that on Princess?

Thanks!

You'll the special is usually located in the Skywalker's lounge. You can't sneak because have present your card. They check the status of the passengers key card. If your the wrong colour they will politely ask you to leave.

No suites on Princess have facility for making in room coffee.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You'll the special is usually located in the Skywalker's lounge. You can't sneak because have present your card. They check the status of the passengers key card. If your the wrong colour they will politely ask you to leave.

I have never been asked to show my cruise card when entering the elite/platinum/suite lounge.

Of course it must be shown when purchasing a beverage.

We look forward to lounge every day. DH drinks too many Chairman of the Boards (Chairmen of the Board? LOL) and we meet fun people to talk to. I love the shrimp fountain, but they have been scaling back on that for some reason. My daughter loves guacamole night. I know some people think it's a big waste of time, but I love it and don't want it to go away. OH! And yes, the wait staff is always the BEST!

Gee. Could the reason be to save $$$ ?

We didn't have an issue with the drinks. It seems to depend on the particular cruise or staff but many say they aren't restricted to the "special" drink of the evening and get something else for the same (slightly) discounted price.

On some cruises the in-cabin invitation to the lounge has said that the reduced price is limited to the listed drink for that evening.

On some other cruises the in-cabin invitation to the lounge has said any of the listed drinks may be ordered at the special price every evening.

On the other hand, if you're there for the booze special as well as nosh, I wonder what would happen if you handed the bartender a blue or gold card.

As long as your blue or gold card has the word Suite printed on it, no problems! I sailed on the Golden Princess as a Blue Card holder in a Window Suite-missed the Friday night as I forgot to check my watch! Went up to Skywalkers Saturday night, showed my card, no problems! Assisted to access the upper level using the small lift they had operated by a staff member, offered help to select food-lovely focaccia and smoked salmon btw, and a waiter came to ask what drink I wanted. I had the Soda and More package so asked for a coke, he took my tumbler away and returned it with iced Coke waiting to be drunk!

Bass Strait had the "Welcome Mat" out for me, ship was moving up and down, rocking side to side and forwards and backwards. I STUPIDLY looked out the window at the horizon. OOPS! I decided I'd better finish my tasty snack and get back to the lower levels-the earlier anti-nausea tablet was wearing off! No reaction, just a warning not to be over-confident as I did feel the movement more even when sitting down. Equally, I was wildly excited to find myself FINALLY aboard and actually sailing!

I did forget to take an Adaptor with me, had bought 1 and left it on the bed! Did buy another which is left in the Travel case for future cruises. Have already booked the same itinerary in November this year.

I was in a room with a first time Princess cruiser on the Grand last year. They definitely checked our cards going in but then got to know us so waived us past from that time forward. Because we were in the same room, my cabin mate was allowed to attend with me. However, we had to use my card to purchase the drinks or we would be charged the regular prices for the drinks.

... but I liked that they had steak tartar. I know, I know... but I look at it as land based sushi.:p;):D

Just got off the CB and alas no tartar to be found. I did like the jet fuel though aka "Chairman of the Board" straight up with olives.

We kind of enjoy the Elite Plat two hours. We didn't bother with it for years. On the last couple of cruises we've made s concerted effort to go and have met some very nice people! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On some cruises the in-cabin invitation to the lounge has said that the reduced price is limited to the listed drink for that evening.

On some other cruises the in-cabin invitation to the lounge has said any of the listed drinks may be ordered at the special price every evening.

On our last 2 cruises the special drink prices were available every night, not just the evening they were featured.

On the Diamond back in December after a long hot day ashore, we decided to head up to Skywalkers for a cool drink out of the sun & some quite time, knowing it is mostly not very crowded...

We just waltzed on in - gee this is nice we said to each other, all this lovely food, we should come here more often, why don't more people come here??

It was only on my way back in after visit to the loo that I noticed the "Elite Lounge" sign. Feeling very uncomfortable as lowly Gold members, we quietly finished our drinks and slipped out, feeling everyone was watching us with evil eyes for intruding on their space....

From then on it was the Wakeview Bar for us for when we just wanted time out from the crowd...

Trust me, other passengers do not know what your Captain's Circle level is or if you have booked a suite or not. I too, would be embarrassed, but no harm no foul.

Everyone gets so uptight about these things, but if they didn't have a card checker at the door, then it wasn't all that important to the crew to police the Elite & Suite Reception. We had suite perks on our last voyage and nobody was checking cards at the door of Skywalkers each evening.