LIVING on the Emerald Princess: 100 nights at sea

PescadoAmarillo

Awesome blog...just started reading....its a rainy day in Florida so I'll definately have something to keep me busy.

We were on the Emerald in Oct a few weeks before you and feel it was one of our best cruises............the staff was one of the best we have encountered!

Going on the Grand in a few weeks... DH just hopes thet have the parmesean bowl to put the fettucchini in like the Emerald.

Just started and already addicted! You are a wonderful writer and the photos just add to the pleasure. My DH keeps asking what we are doing today....I keep replying, "shhhh...just give me a few more minutes" Hahaha - if only he knew that I have 99 days to go....:D

Thank-you so much for posting!

Jeannie....Thanks for sharing your amazing trip with us. It would have been nice to cruise with you again but we board the Emerald next month. I gained so much knowledge from your blog and now have an idea where to head for the best beaches and sight seeing.

Chris

Thanks for sharing your experience, you're so lucky. We looking into the 10 days on Emerald January 26, 13. I'll be reading your blog and especially all information regarding your port experiences, since we're not sure of what to do at these ports since we don't snorkel and don't love sitting on the beach for a long period of time. We feel lucky to be able to just cruise the 10 days, so every bit of information is greatly apprciated.

I would just like to say that I thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog. I started it last night and finished it this morning. You can definitely tell you enjoy your cruising and visiting the islands repeatedly. One day, I would love to be able to do what you and your husband did. Your are very lucky indeed! :D

I am so anxious to read this. How do I start from day 1? I was only able to get your final day and your first day at home.

Go to Blog Archives on the right side of the page. Scroll down to 2011, then to October 29. Double click on it to open, then you can simply click on Newer Posts at the bottom of each page to move through the posts.

4" shrimp in Cafe Caribe: Sorry, I don't know which night of the cruise it was, but it was a formal night.

No world cruise yet, although we've been to many of the places it goes to. We likely never will. After two month-long cruises, DH decided he dislikes being with the same people for long periods of time. He thinks people get too territorial, and likes the energy and excitement that new passengers bring on board at the start of each cruise.

Thanks for the comments, everyone! Someday, when I get caught up, I'm going to go back and read about everything we did, too. It might take a month or two though.:o

Go to Blog Archives on the right side of the page. Scroll down to 2011, then to October 29. Double click on it to open, then you can simply click on Newer Posts at the bottom of each page to move through the posts.

4" shrimp in Cafe Caribe: Sorry, I don't know which night of the cruise it was, but it was a formal night.

No world cruise yet, although we've been to many of the places it goes to. We likely never will. After two month-long cruises, DH decided he dislikes being with the same people for long periods of time. He thinks people get too territorial, and likes the energy and excitement that new passengers bring on board at the start of each cruise.

Thanks for the comments, everyone! Someday, when I get caught up, I'm going to go back and read about everything we did, too. It might take a month or two though.:o

thanks!!!

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog about the Emerald Princess!! I love your attitude about cruising and life in general!! Hope you have a wonderful Spring, Summer and Fall and can do another 100+ days for next winter!! We hope to do at least 2 or 3 10 day trips on the Emerald next winter, too. Also looking forward to the Hawaii cruise in April. We will then be over 200 days cruising on Princess!!

Just started reading your blog from the beginning. I've bookmarked it as I will probably read a few posts a day. Very interesting to read about you and your husband's take on world cruises. What you are saying makes perfect sense for those that would want to get away for a few months and make it stress free.

I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of your blog.

thanks for sharing

Man, that's a lot of cruising (and I thought I've been cruising a lot with 20 nights aboard in the past year). Not sure I could do that long all at once, but it might be fun to try. When I was on the Crown a few weeks ago, we were told at our CC meet and greet by the captain that the most traveled passengers on the ship At the time were doing 16 weeks straight, being.about ten weeks in at the time.

Really enjoyed reading your blog. We also feel the same way about a World cruise. Just not ready yet. We like to go and just relax and we spend a lot of time in our cabin, especially the balcony. Wish I could do an inside - could do many more cruises but I'm claustraphobic and am afraid to even walk into one.

Archived