LIVING on the Emerald Princess: 100 nights at sea

PescadoAmarillo

We've just returned from the most amazing cruise experience, doing ten B2B cruises on the Emerald Princess. I kept a blog of the entire experience, for family and friends, and now I'd like to share it with you. It's long...almost 600 posts and 1200 photos, so I've started with an index.

http://www.pescadoamarillo.blogspot.com

All photos were taken on my iPhone 4 (not 4S); all posts except the index were prepared on and sent from my iPhone.

We'd been to all these islands several times before, and so never did the typical "island tours", so you'll likely note the absence of those sorts of photos. Also, if you're looking for shore excursion or shopping advice, I'm afraid you won't find it here. If, like us, you'd like to explore the islands on your own, making use of public transportation or walking whenever possible, there are several posts about that. Lots of photos of the ship in the early posts, the on board entertainment, Christmas decorations, beaches, and forts. Lots of forts. ;)

Just checked out the beginning, I know what I'm doing for the rest of the night and probably in to tomorrow! We sail on the Emerald on month from today and we will escape completely into your blog to further our excitement for our cruise! Can't believe you would actually accomplish this so soon, we are pretty happy about this, Thanks so much for your eye on the Emerald Princess!

Cheers!

Ken

You are so lucky to be able to cruise for 100 consecutive days. I wish one day I'll be able to do something like this. I wish I knew about your blog as I would have followed along. Thanks for sharing it now though. I'm a few pages in and I must say this is fantastic!

Incredible. Thanks for capturing all this. I have only just begun to take this all in. I noted that you crossed out the number of days when referencing how many days you had left and replaced them with 10 extra days. Did you originally plan on 90 days and conclude that this just wasn't enough?:D

Incredible. Thanks for capturing all this. I have only just begun to take this all in. I noted that you crossed out the number of days when referencing how many days you had left and replaced them with 10 extra days. Did you originally plan on 90 days and conclude that this just wasn't enough?:D

Yes, that's exactly what happened. We actually had 11 cruises booked, but planned to do just 9. Final payments for the last two were after we were already on the ship. When the time came for us to make the final payment for the tenth cruise, we debated it for a few days and then did. We thought SURELY that would be enough and we'd be ready to go home. And 100 had such a nice, complete sound to it. We cancelled the 11th cruise.

Guess who was trying to get back on that cruise? We spent the last 2 weeks on the ship trying to add the 2/16 cruise, but there was no hope. That's the way it always works. However long we cruise, it isn't long enough.

Thanks Maria! It was so great to see you again!

Guess who was trying to get back on that cruise? We spent the last 2 weeks on the ship trying to add the 2/16 cruise, but there was no hope. That's the way it always works. However long we cruise, it isn't long enough.

Wow. Hard to believe that they couldn't extend an offer too good to refuse to another passenger to move over to another cruise to make room for you. Heck. I would have told the cruise director to sleep on a cot and given you their cabin! Loyalty has its privileges. ;)

I wish you had made it to our Meet & Greet on Jan. 29th. I didn't realize you were doing a whole bunch of B2B's and were on our sailing to on Jan. 27th. I am going to read your blog now and I know it is going to be alot of fun seeing things you did on the islands that we might not have. Hope our paths will cross another time and we get to meet.

We've just returned from the most amazing cruise experience, doing ten B2B cruises on the Emerald Princess. I kept a blog of the entire experience, for family and friends, and now I'd like to share it with you. It's long...almost 600 posts and 1200 photos, so I've started with an index.

http://www.pescadoamarillo2012.blogspot.com

All photos were taken on my iPhone 4 (not 4S); all posts except the index were prepared on and sent from my iPhone.

We'd been to all these islands several times before, and so never did the typical "island tours", so you'll likely note the absence of those sorts of photos. Also, if you're looking for shore excursion or shopping advice, I'm afraid you won't find it here. If, like us, you'd like to explore the islands on your own, making use of public transportation or walking whenever possible, there are several posts about that. Lots of photos of the ship in the early posts, the on board entertainment, Christmas decorations, beaches, and forts. Lots of forts. ;)

I am so anxious to read this. How do I start from day 1? I was only able to get your final day and your first day at home.

What a unique idea and awesome dream vacation! I am simply hooked on reading your blog! It's interesting, thorough and humorous! Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with us!

We sail in one week on the Emerald and I may still be reading...and with great pleasure! I'm sorry you won't be sailing with us but wish you well with your re-entry to winter and home life!

:)

Elaine

What an amazing 100 days. I am still reading November and I know I will have loads to read over the next few days. Your photos of the sunrises are fantastic. I always take photos at the other end of the day, I am too lazy to get up early, and I am always trying to get the perfect photo.

Thanks for the photos of the Emerald as we will be on her for the first time in October. I am so looking forward to it, as we have just had to cancel 20 days on the Ocean Princess in March due to my DH having a AMI two weeks ago and not being allowed to travel for 8 weeks. A big disappointment but at least he is well and on the way to recovery for more cruising.

Jennie

How wonderful!

Why don't you write a book? It's a wonderful way to relive your experiences and share them with others. I highly recommend it. It's Booksmart Blurb. Not expensive, the software is free and you have a nice tactile memento of your journey.

No affiliation with blurb.com, I made a book of our trip to Africa and it was the best thing I ever did...outside of taking the trip, that is. Check it out.

Indigo

Well, I just spent my Sunday reading your Blog..... what a wonderful time you had. :D We are doing a 33 nighter on the Ruby in April which will include the last caribbean cruise of the season and then the TA and 1st Med cruise of the season. 33 nights won't seem long enough now.

Just finished reading. Lucky you! 20 days coming up for us, and I thought THAT was long! Haha

So the pre dinner party in skywalkers, is that just for elite cruisers??thanks

And also, those huge 4 inch shrimp you referred to in the caribe, when do tney have that??

Archived