MUTS should be night time only

shofer

Nicely stated...cacophony is dead on. I was on a cruise on Sea Princess once and we were all around the pool enjoying the band and having a nice afternoon at sea and suddenly they started playing "How to Train Your Dragon" - the first scenes of which are...a cacophony. MUTS is very loud - the only time I've been around it when it's not is when they are showing the animal or scenery clips and then the volume is low.

I agree with the OP. Passengers shouldn't have to abandon the main outdoor area and flee to peripheral locations to escape mid-day cacophony.

On Star Princess one time I was roaming around taking pictures and the sound bleed from MUTS to the Sanctuary was substantial - in fact if I had paid for "sanctuary" I would have asked for my money back. I've also been on ships where I've heard MUTS from my balcony.

We could hear the audio from MUTS on our balcony and also in the Sanctuary.

Hard to enjoy an afternoon in the sun beside the pool when there is a football game on and the person next to your lounger screams every time someone catches the ball:eek:...or runs further than 5 yards.

Hey, I resemble that remark!

Except for football, I avoid the MUTS area during the day and generally frequent it at night only for the popcorn. It's just too painfully loud for me, especially the action movies and especially the bass. I also don't care for noise droning in the background if I'm not actively watching something. During the day, it seems many of the people lying in loungers aren't watching the movie and aren't bothered by the noise. Go figure.

Sound level to me is perfectly fine....I really can't imagine why it sounds so loud to others. If three other pools can't satisfy your needs, I'm not quite sure what to tell you.

Your above post indicates you are "hard of hearing" yet your next post indicates you can hear the sound ALL the way on your balcony and ALL the way into the Sanctuary?? Interesting.

You don't need good hearing to "hear" the sound effects of explosions, car crashes and loud music. Our balcony was forward and we could hear it. As for the Sanctuary, it is outside also and you can see MUTS from it.

Sue

I thought Neptune's Reef was the name of the main pool. ;-)

On the Grand MUTS is located at the Neptune's Reef pool area...

Ruby, Caribbean, Emerald, Crown all have MUTS in Calypso pool. :)

And people who enjoy MUTS should be able to enjoy it (even if Princess kind of stinks at how to operate it). I was only pointing out that there are other pool area without MUTS that passengers can enjoy the quieter atmosphere.

Mike

I personally love MUTS during the day. You get to sit with your feet dangling in the pool, the sun is hot, and you get to watch to movie all at the same time = WONDERFUL!

Me no likie day or night - TOO LOUD!

I'm with you. There was a recent series of letters to the editors of Cruise Travel magazine complaining about the constant bombardment of over-amplified music and announcements while on a cruise.

It's like we've become a society afraid of a few moments of peace and quiet - anywhere.

I spent a week on the NCL Prison Ship Epic and the caribbean band on the lido deck was so over-amplified that one had to shout to carry on a conversation, even at the little outdoor cafe where we liked to drink coffee - until the music started blasting. We found there were few places to escape the constant bombardment of racket except our cabin.

You don't need good hearing to "hear" the sound effects of explosions, car crashes and loud music. Our balcony was forward and we could hear it. As for the Sanctuary, it is outside also and you can see MUTS from it.

Sue

Very impressive.

Some of the comments on this thread are more entertaining than the entertainment on MUTS.

I personally love MUTS during the day. You get to sit with your feet dangling in the pool, the sun is hot, and you get to watch to movie all at the same time = WONDERFUL!

It's funny you mention this. That is exactly what we do, unless the pool is full, we just hop in and go back to our seats!

Mike

Archived