Oh Man, This Is Hard......

Avril

really, really hard. 1st of all, I absolutly LOVE Carnival. :D That being said, I just wanted to say Good Bye (for now) to all my Carnival friends. :( I do believe that Carnival is a wonderful line and I have had many amazing cruises with them. However, with the new "improvments" (meaning Fun Ship 2.0), I can see that they are trying to get away with as little of everything as possible with still having people sail with them. On my last cruise (which was not only wonderful but also a B2B, we had no lido band (other than a DJ who doesnt't count), and other cut backs in entertainment (dining, nightlife, entertainment, etc) that tell me that don't care about repeat passengers. I could tell you many stories about what we went through to get our Platinum recognition (and no, we aren't the kind to just want things for free or complain about a line just so we freebees, this is the 1st time I've complained). It took us almost 2 weeks (which were 2 seperate 7 Day Cruises) to get what we we were intilted to. It shouldn't be that hard.

I feel like the only way to tell Carnival what we (their most loyal passengers) want to to give them the finger (so to speak) in the only way I can. I really hope I'm not the only one who's disappointed with Carnival.

My next cruise will probably be with RCI (who I have never been really fond of because of their negative attitude towards Carnival) or NCL (who I know nothing about).

No flaming please, I do love Carnival I just thing that for now, until they get things straight, tough love is the best love and that mean going with other lines (for now).

I would love to hear other's opinions on this!!!!

Like I said, I had an AMAZING B2B cruise on the Dream and I really hope to sail with Carnival again in the future!!!! :D

Just please dpon't dis or pick on or be rude to me. I just am trying to help the line I love.

Carnival, I hope you get your act together and I can't wait to sail with you again sometime!!!! :D

Oh yeah, that should do it. I am sure they will be working double overtime to fix things so you will come back, or more likely, they could not care less. Somebody will take your spot and have an amazing cruise.

Enjoy your new line.

Never feel bad if a company isnt meeting your needs.

I hope you enjoy your next cruise.

Exactly. I have sailed on 56 cruises over 11 different lines, some of which are no longer in existance. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

And for the money, Carnival vs Rccl, $1700 for one week vs $3700 on one of those Mega ships, I will learn to overcome Carnival's short comings.

Wendy

Milestone Cruiser #36 with 4 more booked.

In the past 2 years, I have sailed with RCI, NCL, Princess and Carnival. I think you will find they are all pretty much the same when it comes to cut backs.

There have been complaints about all lines "nickel and diming" you to death with optional dining, premium coffee, ice cream and bottled water.

You'll never know until you have tried other companies. Enjoy your next cruise. I hope it is all you want it to be.

I was waiting to book RCL myself, then all these amazing Carnival itineraries came up while RCL still has not released their iternaries.

Look at my signature, I feel like a Carnival lover!!! I wore a white glitter tee shirt I bought with OBC that says Carnival today to celebrate my new bookings for Alaska and Hawaii .. on Carnival.

Not much room to fit RCL into the schedule for 2013 .. you snooze you lose.

Oh yeah, that should do it. I am sure they will be working double overtime to fix things so you will come back, or more likely, they could not care less. Somebody will take your spot and have an amazing cruise.

Enjoy your new line.

I'm gonna have to second this. ;)

That show them. Enjoy your high price cruise that will do the same.

Obviously you haven't seen the report that carnival corp is trying to but RCL and NCL but at the moment being blocked. So if it does happen carnival will still get your money.

I know Im sleepy .. but what report .. about what? If you think Carnival will buy out others, no. I cant figure out what you mean. Carnival is trying to ... what>?

I know Im sleepy .. but what report .. about what? If you think Carnival will buy out others, no. I cant figure out what you mean. Carnival is trying to ... what>?

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who didn't understand what the previous poster was trying to say.

really, really hard. 1st of all, I absolutly LOVE Carnival. :D That being said, I just wanted to say Good Bye (for now) to all my Carnival friends. :( I do believe that Carnival is a wonderful line and I have had many amazing cruises with them. However, with the new "improvments" (meaning Fun Ship 2.0), I can see that they are trying to get away with as little of everything as possible with still having people sail with them. On my last cruise (which was not only wonderful but also a B2B, we had no lido band (other than a DJ who doesnt't count), and other cut backs in entertainment (dining, nightlife, entertainment, etc) that tell me that don't care about repeat passengers. I could tell you many stories about what we went through to get our Platinum recognition (and no, we aren't the kind to just want things for free or complain about a line just so we freebees, this is the 1st time I've complained). It took us almost 2 weeks (which were 2 seperate 7 Day Cruises) to get what we we were intilted to. It shouldn't be that hard.

I feel like the only way to tell Carnival what we (their most loyal passengers) want to to give them the finger (so to speak) in the only way I can. I really hope I'm not the only one who's disappointed with Carnival.

My next cruise will probably be with RCI (who I have never been really fond of because of their negative attitude towards Carnival) or NCL (who I know nothing about).

No flaming please, I do love Carnival I just thing that for now, until they get things straight, tough love is the best love and that mean going with other lines (for now).

I would love to hear other's opinions on this!!!!

Like I said, I had an AMAZING B2B cruise on the Dream and I really hope to sail with Carnival again in the future!!!! :D

Just please dpon't dis or pick on or be rude to me. I just am trying to help the line I love.

Carnival, I hope you get your act together and I can't wait to sail with you again sometime!!!! :D

You will find the pricing on NCL to be cheaper than RCI. If you like big entertainment try the Epic. I understand what you are saying. We have not been able to cruise often but have been on Carnival and NCL. As you can see from my signature it has been a long time so cruising has definitely changed from 1978 to now.

I loved the Epic SO much that I wanted to see if it was the ship or the line that I liked so much so we are "experimenting" by going on NCL's smallest and oldest ship. I hope to compare and contrast the two.

If I could afford it I would like to try many different lines...Happy Cruising!

I loved the Epic SO much that I wanted to see if it was the ship or the line that I liked so much so we are "experimenting" by going on NCL's smallest and oldest ship. I hope to compare and contrast the two.

Despite the obvious missing "bells and whistles" . . . I hope your comparison comes to the same personal conclusion that I experienced on those exact two vessels.

Bon Voyage!! :)

I see what your saying. Unfortunately, I can only afford to sail Carnival. I say unfortunately because I would like to try all the lines. I see so many cool ships out there. Yes carnival is cutting back, but to keep prices low I suppose they have to. Hope you find a great ship to go on and enjoy yourself.

Before I read the responses, I predict its mostly folks who are some way offended and post snarky rebuttals as if they were personally affronted.

OP, I hope you find what you are looking for, I am sure there are others on other lines you are moving to who feel the same about their favorite line though. Protesting with ones wallet is never a bad thing. Hope your next cruise is fun.

edited to add, I am surprised.It was mostly supportive and friendly. there is hope for this board yet.

I have the opposite with carnival. I have 15 cruises with ccl, 3 with rccl, 5 with ncl and 2 on celebrity. I left carnival after 10 because of a decline in service went to the other lines and have been back for the last 5 in the past year and had much better service all around than the others. I think cruising as a whole is on the decline unfortunately. On ncl I never had one employee address me by my name, room not cleaned some days etc. found rccl more nickel and dime than others and celebrity just usually prices its self out of the running. Been upgraded not up sold the past 3 cruises, has a obc credit issue, handled immediately. I hope you can start having a better experience

We haven't tried Carnival yet, and quite honestly, we were very happy with RCCL. We were finally forced to try Carnival because RCCL is twice the cost and we have 4 kids we have to put through college.

Just so you know, one of the major cutbacks that you addressed (entertainment) has taken place on all of the cruiselines, not just Carnival.

One thing that Carnival has that RCCL doesn't is dining room entertainment (dancing waiters). We are looking forward to that! :D

I am surprised there was no Lido band on your 7 day cruises. They had a pretty good one on the Inspiration two weeks ago, and that was only a three-day cruise. Perhaps they had shorter hours on your cruise and you missed them?

Yes, I have noticed some of the cutbacks. But I continue to cruise Carnival more frequently than other cruiselines due to the pricing, and convenience. Most other cruiselines have pulled out of or seriously reduced their sailings from the west coast. I can live with the current cutbacks if they keep the cost of the cruise low. I can still have a great time cruising on Carnival ships.

I love both Carnival and RCI. We choose our cruises by price and where the ship goes.

I do alot of research before choosing. Were not hard to please

and have never had a bad cruise on any line.

Enjoy your next cruise :)

Ditto, we do the same and also have never had a bad cruise. I too hope the OP's next cruise is all that is desired.

there is power in numbers. if more people would speak up and take their $'s elsewhere, you bet the line would certainly notice.

There is power in numbers, but from all that I've read CCL does not care about the opinions of their most loyal customers and it's damn the torpedoes full speed ahead. They may be losing loyal customers, but they are still filling their ships and presumably grooming new loyal customers to take their place. As long as that process is successful they won't shed too many tears over the few that leave. Which of course leaves a bitter taste in the mouths of many. (And of course I'm not a CCL loyalist as I haven't sailed with them yet, but it is my goal to sail with all of the main stream lines at least once, sacrificing myself in the name of research:).)

Archived