FLL last minute question

id4elizabeth

We are boarding Emerald Princess tomorrow in FLL at Port Everglades. We were told by the hotel desk that you can wait an hour to an hour + 1/2 at the car security checkpoint to get into the Port area. I'm not talking about the luggage lines or other security checkpoints in the terminal, but the checkpoint where the taxis, busses, cars get into the general Port Everglades area (on Eisenhouer Blvd). Is this correct???

We did not plan this kind of delay just to get into the Port...

Thanks!

We are boarding Emerald Princess tomorrow in FLL at Port Everglades. We were told by the hotel desk that you can wait an hour to an hour + 1/2 at the car security checkpoint to get into the Port area. I'm not talking about the luggage lines or other security checkpoints in the terminal, but the checkpoint where the taxis, busses, cars get into the general Port Everglades area (on Eisenhouer Blvd). Is this correct???

Thanks!

Hotel desk doesn't know what they're talking about. If you are concerned, go early. Get there between 10:30 and 11:00.

There are two entrances to the port. Usually they move quite quickly. The BSO knows that cruise days are high traffic and try to open all booths. Have your passport and cruise tickets ready. I've had longer lines at luggage check in then at the gates. However, anything is possible.

Thanks!

We have arrived via taxi at different times and only had at most a 5 minute wait getting through customs. Never seen a long wait.

Mike

Was it the guy at the front door????

When we were at the Renaissance a couple years ago, we went out and asked for a taxi. The bellman at the front door asked where we were going and when we told him, he said, "man you don't want to take a taxi, there can be long lines and their meter will keep running. It is much cheaper to take OUR shuttlle".

So, I'm guessing that they want to scare you into taking their shuttle.

Was it the guy at the front door????

When we were at the Renaissance a couple years ago, we went out and asked for a taxi. The bellman at the front door asked where we were going and when we told him, he said, "man you don't want to take a taxi, there can be long lines and their meter will keep running. It is much cheaper to take OUR shuttlle".

So, I'm guessing that they want to scare you into taking their shuttle.

LOL, there is probably one at every hotel with a shuttle too. :eek:

Thanks!

We just call for a taxi, and it never takes to long to get the taxi or get to the port. I.m sure you won't have any trouble at all.

I think they were just trying to get you to take their shuttle.

Have fun, we are sailing on the Emerald on March 17th:D

Jeanne

Archived