Is Bottomless Bubbles Card Worth the $$?

braz88

I may have gotten things confused with the experience with other cruise lines. I was surprised that water was not included (not fancy water - but plain bottled water). I was also very disappointed in the way they handled drinks -- like you are a thief. They would not give you the can as they would when you purchased individually (although the cost on the receipt is the same). They filled the glass with ice and you had to wait for them to fill the glass. Diet coke takes a long time as it fizzes a lot. Others without the beverage package arriving after you, walked away with their drinks you were still waiting. Finally, They would not allow me to get the drinks for my family. Each person had to go to the bar to get their own drinks. Chivalry was NOT allowed. This was also extremely inconvenient. Others without the package could get multiple drinks saving their family trips to the bar. NEVER again with Carnival. Awful!

Edited by Goldheart

The kids will NOT be using the card at camp times.

If only one card only one kid can be drinking soda at meals.

they do offer choc milk and white milk for free.

Apple juice and orange juice is available in the morning on the lido buffet.

(take a insulated cup - large_ to fill and leave in the mini fridge each day

Juice is available from room service.

mix lemonade and iced tea for a better taste.

kids cards are cheaper then an adult card. $4 something

Wow, talk about bringing an old post to life - almost 5 years old LOL.

Kids BB is cheaper - $4.50 per day vs $6 per day for adults.

Celebrity charges the same for children and adults so thats a plus for Carnival.

My whole family always gets BB. It's nice to not have to worry about what we're drinking and how much it costs. BTW, if you look at your receipt, you aren't "charged" the same as a can. A can is like $2 and the receipt from BB shows $1.50.

I drink a lot of club soda and in another post I was advised that I would have to pay for each one even though most restaurants give it for free.

Can I bring a big insulated cup on board and have it filled at the bar with the BB card?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have never done that so I don't know. They may just fill the regular glass and then give you that to dump in.

Wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the Bottomless Bubbles (Soda/Juice) card on Carnival.

Will be traveling with 2 boys (ages 9 and 4) who love to drink juice and soda.

I am leaning towards purchasing it for them.

How much does a soda/juice cost per glass if purchased on it's own? I will need to do the cost/benefit analysis on it.

From what I understand the card is only on the actual soda/juice and the 15% gratuity will be added to the sail and sign, correct?

Thanks!

I just don't think it is worth it. My son usually drinks several pops a daily and overall he drank less on the ship than normal. Also, he had to go to the bar and get the pop. He had stories to tell about the drunks. LOL it was funny to me but what do you want to expose your kids too. It might be a better tip to bring the pop along instead.

I drink a lot of club soda and in another post I was advised that I would have to pay for each one even though most restaurants give it for free.

Can I bring a big insulated cup on board and have it filled at the bar with the BB card?

The won't "fill" your cup. They will give you the one glass of soda poured from a can which you can then dump into your cup if you wish.

We have done purchased the package before and find it a decent value, but are skipping on our next cruise as we only have two sea days and will be spending a lot of time off of the ship.

goes to show that most people do not pay attention to the dates. (yikes) wonder how they found that post from long ago?

People are often advised to do a search before asking a question, and then when they do there is criticism for reviving an old thread. Who cares how it is if the information is still relevant or is updated?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

People are often advised to do a search before asking a question, and then when they do there is criticism for reviving an old thread. Who cares how it is if the information is still relevant or is updated?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yep, you can't win either way on Cruise Critic!

The won't "fill" your cup. They will give you the one glass of soda poured from a can which you can then dump into your cup if you wish.

We have done purchased the package before and find it a decent value, but are skipping on our next cruise as we only have two sea days and will be spending a lot of time off of the ship.

For good or bad, DH and I drink no alcohol and a lot of soda. We were flying in and taking a shuttle from the airport so it wasn't convenient to stop for 12 packs of soda. We were on the Valor last week and brought 30 oz stainless steel Ozark Trail cups. At every bar where we ordered soda with Bottomless Bubbles the bartender would take our cups, rinse them out, add ice, and fill them with soda. 24d606fa030a321e2c01585ac36e4ae2.jpg

I think its worth it and make sure you only get one sticker.Im going to get flamed lol but only pay for one sticker and use it for both kids .Even when two use it Carnivals still making a ton of money

What do you determine to be a ton of money? How'd you explain than to shareholders?

Wow, talk about bringing an old post to life - almost 5 years old LOL.

Celebrity charges the same for children and adults so thats a plus for Carnival.

My whole family always gets BB. It's nice to not have to worry about what we're drinking and how much it costs. BTW, if you look at your receipt, you aren't "charged" the same as a can. A can is like $2 and the receipt from BB shows $1.50.

I always look at dates also...LOL I think newer posters might google subjects and then bring up that thread, not knowing to look at the date of the thread.

I think some of the threads may still be pertinent, but a lot of things also change over the years, so old threads aren't always up to date.

But if one quotes an old response, they may not get an answer.

Edited by crzndeb

What do you determine to be a ton of money? How'd you explain than to shareholders?

Being a shareholder for many years my dividends and investment in CCL are doing wonderful thanks for the concern. If they can afford to let people cruise for $45 per day they can afford to let 2 kids share a drink sticker for $50 for a week

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the Bottomless Bubbles (Soda/Juice) card on Carnival.

Will be traveling with 2 boys (ages 9 and 4) who love to drink juice and soda.

I am leaning towards purchasing it for them.

How much does a soda/juice cost per glass if purchased on it's own? I will need to do the cost/benefit analysis on it.

From what I understand the card is only on the actual soda/juice and the 15% gratuity will be added to the sail and sign, correct?

Thanks!

With 2 kids it will be well worth it.

Is it worth it? That is subjective. For us it is not. Neither of my kids drink pop. That has been by their choice since they were in middle school...they are now 22 and 19. DH and I normally drink 0-2 pops a day each at home. DH drinks regular pop and I drink diet.

DS has no problem drinking the ships water, ice tea, lemonade, juice and milk. DD and DH are the same minus the ice tea which they don't like. I am happy drinking the ice tea and water but will once or twice on a cruise get a diet coke during a show. I stay away from the juice and lemonade due to my diabetes. DH and I will have a couple alcoholic drinks during a cruise each. DS doesn't drink alcohol and has no interest in the virgin drinks ...again his choice. DD will usually get a couple virgin drinks during a cruise. Give her a couple of years and I am positive those will turn alcoholic. For us it is not worth the cost. YMMV.

Just to update everyone Bottomless Bubbles is $6.50 per day for adults, $4.95 per day for kids.

This was new to me, just like I found out today that gratuities had gone up to $12.95 per day per person!!

Being a shareholder for many years my dividends and investment in CCL are doing wonderful thanks for the concern. If they can afford to let people cruise for $45 per day they can afford to let 2 kids share a drink sticker for $50 for a week

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Then they can afford to give me a couple of photos they printed I don't want to pay for. I'm already buying two.

Being a shareholder doesn't equate to a knowledge of economics and what the cruise industry does to shift revenue sources.

It's also against the printed policy of the company you own. But you knew that.

Just to update everyone Bottomless Bubbles is $6.50 per day for adults, $4.95 per day for kids.

This was new to me, just like I found out today that gratuities had gone up to $12.95 per day per person!!

You're right. I was looking at an old page. Never realized it had gone up :mad: I knew about the gratuities, though.

Edited by firemanbobswife

Only the folks that smuggle booze will flame you:)

I think you will find that the peeps who smuggle rum will also be the ones to use the bottomless lemon-aid and sweet tea from the Lido deck and don't pay for soda or premium juice either.