Waiters dancing???

Star1

I will be on the Legend soon. We have anytime dining. What nights do the waiters dance and what time do they dance???? Will we be able to see them dance if we have anytime dancing????

Thanks for your help.

I will be on the Legend soon. We have anytime dining. What nights do the waiters dance and what time do they dance???? Will we be able to see them dance if we have anytime dancing????

Thanks for your help.

Should be every night and the timing would be towards the end of the 2 assigned dining seatings (not sure exactly what time though).

We had the anytime dining on the Fantasy last week and saw the waiters perform three out of five nights. Fortunately we missed their other two performances. I've never been a fan of singing and dancing waiters. And with anytime dining, it really seemed to mess up the meal--having to wait for them to do their number before we got served our next course.

• Like 1

Should be every night and the timing would be towards the end of the 2 assigned dining seatings (not sure exactly what time though).

Aww, you mean they don't do it at all during the first seating?

• Like 1

cdamion said

"Should be every night and the timing would be towards the end of the 2 assigned dining seatings "

The "2 assigned dining seatings" means first seating and second seating (or early dining and late dining). Both traditional dining times have the waiters dancing toward the end of their dining time.

cdamion said

"Should be every night and the timing would be towards the end of the 2 assigned dining seatings "

The "2 assigned dining seatings" means first seating and second seating (or early dining and late dining). Both traditional dining times have the waiters dancing toward the end of their dining time.

WHEW!!! Thanks, for the info, I know my kids would love seeing this, tacky as some may say , but I love it!! Seen it when it was just the hubby and I on our last cruise and yes forgot they did this! WOOHOO, get to see this soon, 29 more days!

Thanks for your help.

They dance every night for both assigned seating times, approximately an hour and 15 minutes after dinner begins. Time yourself to be in the dining room about that time and you will get to be subjected to their forced antics. If you are lucky you will time things to miss them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We had the upper level for anytime dining- not many waiters do the dancing.

it is more festive in the traditional dining room as the waiters get their people at their assigned tables to get up and dance.

If you go before 7:30 you will surely see it. But your table service will be put off for a little bit.

They dance every night for both assigned seating times, approximately an hour and 15 minutes after dinner begins. Time yourself to be in the dining room about that time and you will get to be subjected to their forced antics. If you are lucky you will time things to miss them.

So if I am reading this correctly around 7:15 (for the 6pm seating) & again around 9:15 (for the 8pm seating)-correct?

We are first timers on Carnival and we have Anytime dining so we would like to be able to say we did get to see the dancing waiters- at least once.

This is always a good time to excuse yourself to visit the rest room.

cdamion said

beachbum: Thanks for clarifying for me.

mrparoll: I enjoy it. As a matter of fact it is something I have missed since I strayed away from Carnival to other lines.

• 6 years later...

When in the dining room, I've looked around to see how many people are absolutely hating their life, as these boards frequently point out. Most people appear to be having a good time. I think the angry people are up in the lido buffet, cursing the waitstaff dance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, fyree39 said:

Even my kind of shy husband got up and danced with our waitress on our last cruise.  I was surprised!

I too did that for the first time on our last cruise, I'm normally shy about doing stuff like that, but I remember that I will probably never see these people again and life's too short to not just cut loose every now and then :classic_biggrin:

By comparison, with NCL it seems that something is missing!  Dinner is just plain old dinner with NCL.

Love Carnival's dancing waiters.  It is fun to see people of all ages joining it, even those who remain at their tables and not dancing.  You are on vacation to enjoy yourself and as it has been said, you will never see these people again.  Enjoy!  Enjoy!  Enjoy!

MARAPRINCE

• Like 2

On 3/13/2012 at 7:06 AM, jolyroger said:

Yes they do. We are always First Seating.

When you hear the Maitre d' say "SHOW-Time!" ...

you know it's about to get lively

DancingWaiters-260.jpg

DancingWaiters-261.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maraprince said:

By comparison, with NCL it seems that something is missing!  Dinner is just plain old dinner with NCL.

Maybe NCL should start having their waiters do some freestyle dancing :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

On 3/13/2012 at 11:03 PM, WALLYCBIA said:

We went on NCL one time and we came back because we REALLY enjoy this.

Some of our waiters seemed very shy then you (see) the other side of then.

I told my DW this is one of the high lites of the cruise for me.

My Spanish-blooded wife is all smiles when she hears "SHOW-Tiiime!"

There's nothing she likes more than any sort of dancing.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2012 at 8:40 AM, zqvol said:

I realize that this is a seven year old post and things change.  We just got off the Horizon and they only danced two or three times on an 8 day cruise.