Most traveled luncheon

bcnvcanada

There are usually fewer Elite on short (seven days or less) cruises in the Caribbean and Alaska so your chances of being invited to the Most Traveled luncheon are greater on those cruises.

We were on the Island Princess a couple of weeks ago for an Alaska cruise. The MTP's were a couple who had been on for several weeks with plans to stay on for several more weeks. They have close to 1000 days! They've done over 35 cruises on the Island. The 2nd place MTPs had a mere 700 days.

There were only 38 elites when we were on board, so all of them made it to the luncheon.

We were on the Crown a few months ago and the MTPs were a couple doing 3 or 4 B2B's and they had over 800 days

I have to ask, what makes this luncheon so special? I know it's special to be invited but what happens at the luncheon?

There is a special menu. Usually two appetisers and two entree. Very good wine and quick refills. Usually 4 to 8 passengers at a table with one of the officers.

We were on the Coral in March-April, Panama Canal cruise. The most traveled passengers had 2324 days.:eek::eek: No that is not a typo. Second most traveled had 900 and something. Don't remember third place. Mind just boggled upon hearing the first number. Big numbers on that cruise, we felt lucky to be invited. Their name was Clark, would guess the higher numbered people on this board would know them.

I have to ask, what makes this luncheon so special? I know it's special to be invited but what happens at the luncheon?

Get to share your table with an officer, Capt/Staff Capt/PSD/CD etc.

You are seated at the table where you rank in the top 40. 3 couples at each table.

The food and presentation is awesome.

Free flowing wine.

MD and Executive Chef are there too.

Just a really nice lunch. :)

It is just the days on Princess that count. Normally the roommate is also invited if they are not otherwise eligible. The roommate counts towards the 40 invited. So the luncheon could have only the top 20 plus companion if all were with someone with fewer days.

It is just the days on Princess that count. Normally the roommate is also invited if they are not otherwise eligible. The roommate counts towards the 40 invited. So the luncheon could have only the top 20 plus companion if all were with someone with fewer days.

Correct, I should have clarified (20 couples/pairs?) :D

Having envied the rarified air of the most travelled luncheon we were astonished on the Fijian 14 night cruise this year to be Nos 34 and 35 on this list. We only had about 180 days and knew from postings that the usual is well into the hundreds. This could have been because it was a mostly Australian passenger cruise and they have only had the chance over the past 6 years to cruise much and it was for 14 days only

We were on a table with the future cruise lady and the captains circle lady Joy(her last cruise) It as a fabulous lunch the display of the food on the plates (yes display fits it) was great.

To answer the question about guests on our table was a lady with a few days less than us and her cabin companion was on her first cruise and she was invited as a guest.

Perhaps the guest needs to be in the cabin with the most travelled person - Perhaps:p

This looks and sounds wonderful. Now I know just how special this is. Thank you.
Linda, it really is a very special luncheon. The food, service and atmosphere are wonderful plus there is an officer seated at each table. The more days you have, the higher rank the officer at your table. :) I've been invited three times. The first was an Alaska cruise years ago and I was seated with Captain Pickford. The second was a cocktail party and our cruise was a Baltic cruise. The third was a luncheon on the Coral Princess LA to FLL Panama Canal cruise in January 2010 and I was seated with Joy, the Captains Circle host. She was great and talked quite a bit about the perks and that they were doing research on what perks passengers liked most and what they'd like. I'm hoping to be invited on my September Vancouver to FLL cruise but I'm not holding my breath.

Linda, it really is a very special luncheon. The food, service and atmosphere are wonderful plus there is an officer seated at each table. The more days you have, the higher rank the officer at your table. :) I've been invited three times. The first was an Alaska cruise years ago and I was seated with Captain Pickford. The second was a cocktail party and our cruise was a Baltic cruise. The third was a luncheon on the Coral Princess LA to FLL Panama Canal cruise in January 2010 and I was seated with Joy, the Captains Circle host. She was great and talked quite a bit about the perks and that they were doing research on what perks passengers liked most and what they'd like. I'm hoping to be invited on my September Vancouver to FLL cruise but I'm not holding my breath.

We have sat with Captain Phillip too! :)

Very charming.

Woo Hoo, maybe someday when I am a batty old lady, I will find myself at the Captain's table. :D In seven years, we are at barely 100 days. In the beginning we did lots of repos to make elite. Now that we are elite we take longer cruises.

Ditto. only once have we seen a guest with a well travelled passenger.

~Doris~

Since my previous post on this thread, we have been on another cruise and been to a third Most Traveled Luncheon. This time there were four plus the officer. The other two were a guy who qualified and a woman who was at his dinner table. He was traveling with a couple of friends.

Actually they count P&O and Sitmar cruises as well. At least the cruises taken prior to Princess being around.

Had a confirmation email last week to say Princess still count P&O cruise days which I am pleased about as I have a 45 day P&O cruise booked for next year!

Is there always a Luncheon AND cocktail party, or just one or the other? This last cruise we were invited to a Cocktail Party, time before was a Luncheon.. I was ill and couldn't attend on the recent cruise, but DH had a wonderful time visiting with a couple with over 700 days.. and lots more planned.. Can't wait to be able to say the same..

Is there always a Luncheon AND cocktail party, or just one or the other? This last cruise we were invited to a Cocktail Party, time before was a Luncheon.. I was ill and couldn't attend on the recent cruise, but DH had a wonderful time visiting with a couple with over 700 days.. and lots more planned.. Can't wait to be able to say the same..

There is a luncheon OR a cocktail party.

I've been told it's one or the other but that may not be true for very long cruises with many days at sea. I've read that generally cruises with few days at sea will have a cocktail party which was the case the one time for me on a 7 day Alaskan cruise...a cocktail party. Some posts say that it's the Captain's decision on whether it's a luncheon or a cocktail party.

I've been told that the Captain has a say in whether he prefers a luncheon or cocktail party. Both are really nice but I prefer the luncheon.

Archived