Star status lookup

hehny

Newbie here. How can I tell the star status of my mariner number? I've sailed on other Carnival lines and I wanted see if I was at one star status for lunch in the MDR on embarkation day.

thanks in advance for all of your help!

Go to HAL site.

Go to My account.

Your star status and any days credited will appear. The "Welcome Page" will show your name and the Mariner Image with your star staus.

You will be a Mariner if you have sailed any of the Carnival Family of ships but as stated, no days sailed on any cruise line expect HAL will be credited.

It is the same on the other Carnival Family of ships....... only days sailed on that cruise line count on that cruise line.

This rates a "thumbs down"?

The new poster probably mistook it for a question mark. It wouldn't be the first time that has happened. Even experienced posters have been known to get that one wrong.

Newbie here. How can I tell the star status of my mariner number? I've sailed on other Carnival lines and I wanted see if I was at one star status for lunch in the MDR on embarkation day.

thanks in advance for all of your help!

Welcome to Cruise Critics Hehny. No stars until you've sailed once with Hal but you will have a mariners number because of you prior sailing on a Carnival ship. Have a wonderful cruise.

Call HAL with your Carnival Past Guest Number. They will ensure that when you board, you are treated as a *Mariner. You will be allowed to dine in the MDR and you will be invited to the Champagne brunch and you will be given a gift.

if you don't call, and for some reason your accounts don't link, then you will be treated as a newbie.

Call HAL with your Carnival Past Guest Number. They will ensure that when you board, you are treated as a *Mariner. You will be allowed to dine in the MDR and you will be invited to the Champagne brunch and you will be given a gift.

if you don't call, and for some reason your accounts don't link, then you will be treated as a newbie.

While all of that is "supposed" to happen, it didn't for me. So, YMMV. I had previously sailed with seabourn. Didn't get the invite to the brunch or mariner lunch and didn't get the gift until i came home and complained about not getting it LOL

There does seem to be some inconsistency in how these benefits that HAL clearly says you have are applied on the ship. It hasn't happen to me yet and I have only 1 more cruise as a lowly 2-star, so I should be pretty safe now. If it did happen I would be complaining both to shipboard guest relations and by immediate email to both guest relations Seattle and to the Mariner Society.

It's interesting that I was seated for the Mariner Embarkation Luncheon on the Elegant Explorer and they moved me to the "other" Mariner Brunch when I told them my first invitation conflicted with my Pinnacle Lunch reservation. If they can be that nice on a cruise that was probably 75% 4-star mariners, I wonder why a few ships can't seem to get this together.

Roy

You should be considered and treated as a one-star Mariner, same as if you had one previous HAL cruise ... tho, as others have pointed out, the onboard reality may not be consistent.

From the Terms and Conditions of HAL's Mariner program, from the website: "... Qualifying cruises for Star Mariner Status are defined as a cruise on any of the "World's Leading Cruise Lines" brand ships [Carnival Cruise Lines, Princess Cruises, Cunard Line, The Yachts of Seabourn or Costa Cruises]. These guests are automatically enrolled as a Star Mariner when they make their first booking with Holland America Line because of their affiliation with the World’s Leading Cruise Line. Subsequent Star levels are calculated on qualifying days and onboard spending on Holland America Line ships only..."

Thanks for the speedy responses. I am a newbie to posting so forgive me for the thumbs down- thought it was a question mark. I appreciate everyone's response, cc has been a wealth of info. Looking forward to my first HAL cruise!

Thanks for the speedy responses. I am a newbie to posting so forgive me for the thumbs down- thought it was a question mark. I appreciate everyone's response, cc has been a wealth of info. Looking forward to my first HAL cruise!

.....down instead of the Question Mark..Many posters have done this..In case you have not found it, the question mark is on the second row, third one in..

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

As others have mentioned, either call or e-mail the HAL Mariner Society & give them your travel dates on the other Carnival lines...Request that they put the info. into your HAL file..You then will be given a one star Mariner status..

Enjoy your cruise..

Cheers...:):)Betty

Archived