The best plate of food?

Arizona

Grilled Lamb Chops for breakfast

Pasta San Gemino (Toscano)

Miso Glazed Sea Bass(Red Ginger)

The 72 Hour Braised Short Rib

Fresh Wheel of Parmigiana Cheese(Toscano)

Dover Sole (Toscano)

Grilled Veal Chop w/mushrooms(Toscano)

Delicious lobster!

Homemade Gelato's with daily flavor changes

and let's not forget the wonderful staff that always serves it with a smile!

Now I'm eating hungry! We haven't been on OCL yet but are looking forward to trying many of these great suggestions.

For those who have sailed on OCL, do you recall if they serve Burrata anywhere on the ship? It is my all time favorite thing and it is hard to get where I live. The one and only thing I liked about the food on Princess was that they servied Burrata. I'm hoping I'll find it on our OCL cruise this summer.

Now I'm eating hungry! We haven't been on OCL yet but are looking forward to trying many of these great suggestions.

For those who have sailed on OCL, do you recall if they serve Burrata anywhere on the ship? It is my all time favorite thing and it is hard to get where I live. The one and only thing I liked about the food on Princess was that they servied Burrata. I'm hoping I'll find it on our OCL cruise this summer.

Not that I've seen so far but I try not to check the daily offerings – just too hard to resist. Good for PCL to offer that - it is not seen often and not very well known but then being as fairly new creation in 'cheese years' history and being as it has a short life as 'fresh' cheese. I'll have to scout the cheese cart more often!

If you enjoy cheeses they do a very nice selection and is a great way to finish off that last bit of red wine in your glass. With that newly offered drinks package including a port it makes it all that more enticing.

A changing 'cheese plate' is available in the GDR on the dessert menu and is certainly shareable. Usually three cheeses will be served with various accompaniments such as a chutney, pressed date cake, a few grapes etc. Being as the selection varies nightly it will arrive with little name tags for each of the cheeses.

In Terrace Café during the day they'll have cheeses available in the buffet and at night it will be on a cart under a dome. This will have perhaps six or eight different cheeses that you can choose from and they will happily serve you (too large) portions of your choice.

Speaking of cheese, for the burgeoning affineur out there, the Cheese Trolley in Jacques is explosively well done. I'm sure that the selections vary, but on the four or five times that I have visited the restaurant, the basic selections consisted of Langres, Mont d'Or, Bleu de Gex, and (occasionally) a Neufchâtel or Tomme de Savoie.

It is the sort of thing which could easily demand a $75 supplement in a five star restaurant ashore, and every time that I personally have ordered it, the tray came complete with the personal attentions of the Sommelier....for at least a few minutes. ;)

Also in the Terrace. Made to order.

Just be careful because if you eat them everyday, your pants will shrink in the wash. Not sure what the connection is, but it seems to hold true.

Mo

Yup, and out of every 5 or 6 martinis' that you drink, ONE of the olives is sure to be spoiled!

220px-Bright-Field_Lighting.jpg

Spoiled olives give me a terrible headache, for some reason.

Yup, and out of every 5 or 6 martinis' that you drink, ONE of the olives is sure to be spoiled!

220px-Bright-Field_Lighting.jpg

Spoiled olives give me a terrible headache, for some reason.

:DCouldn't agree more. Thanks that made me smile! Glenda

Oh, and I thought it was just sitting down at any table!!

Thanks for the info on Eggs Benedict!! Ummmm..

Is there a special place in the Terrace for them or do you just ask anywhere?

Sherry

Usually next to the station where they are making omelettes and "made to order" eggs, which is also where you will find the breakfast meats.

Eggs Benedict don't hold well, so they are assembled to order. Oceania also does a salmon Benedict variation which is HEAVEN with champagne. :D

Do you find that the spread upon embarkation is "less" than the rest of the trip?

Yes, every station is not open at embarkation, although you won't go hungry, and on the Oceania class ships I don't believe that "the grill" is open.

Most people are just looking for a quick bite and maybe a cocktail before they get into their cabins.

Yes, every station is not open at embarkation, although you won't go hungry, and on the Oceania class ships I don't believe that "the grill" is open.

Most people are just looking for a quick bite and maybe a cocktail before they get into their cabins.

We're usually rushing around on embarkation day and have had very little to eat prior to boarding, so we would like a substantial meal upon embarkation, whether it is a buffet or a dining room meal.

As much as we enjoyed our Oceania cruise, and we did, we were very disappointed with both the buffet and Wave's Grill on embarkation day (Regatta).

We especially did not like our meat touched by the plastic gloves of servers. Traditional serving knives and forks are much more sanitary and aesthetically pleasing. The problem with plastic gloves was demonstrated in this way: The server used gloves to open doors, handle non-food items and then also held the sliced roast beef in his hands. So we just declined the plate of food.

This, please:

041312dine_2.jpg

Life was so very trying on our Marina Baltic Treasures cruise last June: sticky buns were available everyday, unlike on Nautica and Regatta, so I felt I owed it to my limited one-suitcase wardrobe to choose either a sticky bun or pain au chocolat at breakfast daily. So I often had to let breakfast pass with no morning chocolate fix.

Duck and watermelon salad at Red Ginger, lobster thermidor at Jacques; creme brulee in the GDR, scones with strawberry jam and clotted cream at Horizons tea: every meal was delightful, sinful and oh so delicious!:)

Life was so very trying on our Marina Baltic Treasures cruise last June: sticky buns were available everyday, unlike on Nautica and Regatta, so I felt I owed it to my limited one-suitcase wardrobe to choose either a sticky bun or pain au chocolat at breakfast daily. So I often had to let breakfast pass with no morning chocolate fix.

Duck and watermelon salad at Red Ginger, lobster thermidor at Jacques; creme brulee in the GDR, scones with strawberry jam and clotted cream at Horizons tea: every meal was delightful, sinful and oh so delicious!:)

Oh Pam! Wasn't Jacques Thermidor HEAVEN?

I normally follow the foie gras in any french restaurant, but this is one Lobster dish that is worth having.

I always ask that they pair it with their wonderful roasted garlic......almost as mild as a roasted potato and SO French...........THANK GOD I'll be on the Riviera within the month!

132125.jpg -come to think of it, I'm also crazy about the lobster pad-thai in Red Ginger too, so maybe I'm more of a lobster fan than I am willing to admit.

Oh Pam! Wasn't Jacques Thermidor HEAVEN?

I normally follow the foie gras in any french restaurant, but this is one Lobster dish that is worth having.

I always ask that they pair it with their wonderful roasted garlic......almost as mild as a roasted potato and SO French...........THANK GOD I'll be on the Riviera within the month!

-come to think of it, I'm also crazy about the lobster pad-thai in Red Ginger too, so maybe I'm more of a lobster fan than I am willing to admit.

I know that I am good to go when I follow your food advice (and the fabulous lobster thermidor was one of your recommendations). Bon Voyage to you and Stan on another inaugural. I will be very interested in hearing how Riviera compares to Marina.

I can't believe that no one has mentioned the Lemon Veal Scallopine in Toscana. This was my favorite meal on board Marina. I would say that the Sea Bass in Red Ginger was a close second. I enjoyed every meal on board though! 9 months to go!

Happy Travels,

Tropiclady

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone found enough time to enjoy the poolside experience at Waves? If so, what do you suggest? Seems like with so many ports there's not much time.

10 days and counting!

Burgers, milkshakes, panini, Ice cream :D

what more can I say, all good

Has anyone found enough time to enjoy the poolside experience at Waves? If so, what do you suggest? Seems like with so many ports there's not much time.

10 days and counting!

I feel the same conflict! I'm so excited to get aboard this ship and experience all that Oceania has to offer, but with 9 of our 10 days in port, I worry I won't get to experience it all. I am planning on a pool day during our one day at sea, though... looking forward to cushioned lounge chairs, the steak and lobster burger at the Waves grill, poolside drinks, etc. :)

Archived