The best plate of food?

Arizona

I'd have to go with Red Ginger's Sea Bass--excellent. Everyone we talked to on board raved about it. As for dessert, despite being a huge chocolate lover, my absolute favorite was the Mango Tapioca, laced with Caramel--yummy!

Nice pictures! Ready to go right now.

Can't pin it down to one dish, but the following dishes have stayed in my memory:

Kobe burger at Waves grill

Napoleon of poached Williams pear and Gorgonzola (with Fonseca port), Explorations menu, La Reserve

Lobster Pad Thai, Red Ginger

Duck and Watermelon salad, Red Ginger

Bread selection with olive oils and vinegars, Toscana

Grilled lamb chops, Terrace Cafe (with a nice outdoor table on a warm evening)

7-oz Filet Polo Grill

Chocolate croissants with Cafe Americano, Baristas (perfect for breakfast)

Our culinary class creations: Roasted beet, goat cheese and wild mushroom salad; penne with mushroom cream sauce and Italian sausage; tiramisu

072348.jpg

I had no idea that Chocolate Croissant were available in Baristas.......so I am still learning.

grilled-chilean-sea-bass.jpg The Sea Bass in Red Ginger is exquisite, but it is such a simple preparation that I always feel compelled to "recommend" other dishes. A MUST TRY though.

Terrine_de_foie_gras_doie.jpgThe Foie Gras in Jacques is superb, both the hot and the cold preparations.

152003.jpg The Duck & Watermelon Salad is amazing. It is savory, yet light, yet textured. Even more delightful if you can arrange to eat it alfresco.

152804.jpg --- I cannot end this post without putting a good word in for the Trilogy of Homemade Marshmallows in Polo. The sauces are caramel, berry and chocolate. Lighter than air, and sweet without being cloying.......absolute genius for a steak house dessert.

I literally cannot wait to get back aboard!

We had a continental breakfast in Baristas almost every morning and the chocolate croissants were not there every day. There were other fabulous pastries, though (include other chocolate goodies), fresh orange juice and great coffee. Plus the view....

Forgot about the marshmallow dessert in Polo - drool.

We had a continental breakfast in Baristas almost every morning and the chocolate croissants were not there every day. There were other fabulous pastries, though (include other chocolate goodies), fresh orange juice and great coffee. Plus the view....

Forgot about the marshmallow dessert in Polo - drool.

Ok then lets talk about the sticky buns..to die for..they are made every other day in TERRACE CAFE..and served hot... oh my gosh you cant imagine how yum!!

Jancruz1

Kobe Blue Cheese Burger with onions and a side of hand cut parmesian fries from the Waves Grill.

This was my first Oceania cruise on the Marina....12 glorious days of dining.

All I can say is..."Oh my God...this was the best food I've every experienced on all of my 22 cruises and some land restaurants as well.

I'm a fanatic about quality, fresh, well prepared, cooked to perfection food and all I can say is "Wow" Oceania knows how to do it.

I only wish I could have tried every dish on every menu...Oceania won me over and I'm already booked for an upcoming cruise. Oceania, please don't change a thing.

A 32 ounce Prime Rib cut is for me and my husband too much we never eat a big portion of red meat so when I asked in the Polo Grill to have a small portion not the 32 ounce I was told they could not so unfortunatly we had not taste this plate

A 32 ounce Prime Rib cut is for me and my husband too much we never eat a big portion of red meat so when I asked in the Polo Grill to have a small portion not the 32 ounce I was told they could not so unfortunatly we had not taste this plate

I hate to be wasteful but in this case why not just order it and eat what you want?

Personally I seemed to have missed all this delicious food when we were on Insignia a couple of years ago. I sure hope I find it on my upcoming cruise.

Do they have the Kobe burgers on Regatta or just Marina?

We do not eat large portions of meat ..too bad they do not have a small piece for those that only want a 4-6 oz piece:(

Maybe they could consider having one in the future, seems such a waste as many people do not seem to eat the whole thing

We do not eat large portions of meat ..too bad they do not have a small piece for those that only want a 4-6 oz piece:(

Maybe they could consider having one in the future, seems such a waste as many people do not seem to eat the whole thing

Since we are not supposed to eat more than 4oz of red meat at one time, I guess we could invite 7 other people and cut it into 8 pieces:D

We normally order the filet minion as it is much smaller, even though we like prime rib.

Is there not a 16 oz. cut of prime rib at Polo? That could be shared by two, making for far less waste.

Yes there is a 16oz one so now I only need 2-3 others to share ...much more reasonable goal to attain :D

Maybe I will just have to stick to the lamb chops :):)

Or do what I do and just ask for the bone ..love the bone and there is enough meat for me on it..Gosh..I cant wait until May 6th I am really getting crazy reading this thread..we will also be trying La Reserve on Riviera..that should be a treat!!

Jancruz1

ORV,

I can't be sure of the Kobe Burgers on the Regatta since I haven't been on her yet. But I know they have a Waves Grill, so I will assume they have the Kobe Burgers.

I hope that all the Oceania ships have the same food and menus as the Marina. I thought I read somewhere that Jacque Pepin's menus are throughout the entire Oceania fleet.

Maybe someone else can confirm this.

I will sailing on the Regatta next April...not soon enough for me.

ORV,

I can't be sure of the Kobe Burgers on the Regatta since I haven't been on her yet. But I know they have a Waves Grill, so I will assume they have the Kobe Burgers.

I hope that all the Oceania ships have the same food and menus as the Marina. I thought I read somewhere that Jacque Pepin's menus are throughout the entire Oceania fleet.

Maybe someone else can confirm this.

I will sailing on the Regatta next April...not soon enough for me.

Thanks. When we were on the Insignia I don't remember eating Kobe burgers. I'm pretty sure if I had seen them I would have had one.

Well, not that I'm going to be considering my "diet" but is there a good spot for a Cobb or entree-sized salad?

Just ask them to make the salad an entree

They do have a Cobb salad (or so it is called ) in Polo ..I would pass on it though

Well, not that I'm going to be considering my "diet" but is there a good spot for a Cobb or entree-sized salad?

Never saw Cobb but many other choices and you can always ask for any salad to be entree-size as well as create your own from the buffet.

Like orchestrapal, I never saw a Cobb salad on the menu (although you might indeed find it on the GDR lunch menu -- check the menus when they are posted).

But I often went to Waves or Terrace Cafe at lunch and created a salad to begin with. That usually had me stuffed, even though I was dumb enough to continue loading up my plate with other things as well. :D They do have lots of ingredients for a super salad if that is what you want. It just might not be a Cobb salad.

(It was easier in the days when we could "build our own" but you can still ask the crewmember on the other side of the buffet to give you some of this and some of that.)

Mura

Archived