Departure Flight from MCO - Changed

rjmols

Hi, I have booked a flight from MCO at 13.30 to Indianapolis, giving me plenty of time to disembark the Disney Dream and get to the airport - problem now is that Airtrans have just sent an email to say the flight has changed to 10.35 - Does anybody know if we have a realistic chance of making this flight?????

Hi, I have booked a flight from MCO at 13.30 to Indianapolis, giving me plenty of time to disembark the Disney Dream and get to the airport - problem now is that Airtrans have just sent an email to say the flight has changed to 10.35 - Does anybody know if we have a realistic chance of making this flight?????

IF you don't eat breakfast, and IF you are at the front of the disembarkation line, and IF the ship arrives in port on time, and IF customs lets you through quickly, and IF you have private transportation picking you up immediately, and IF there is no traffic, or hangups at airport security, you MIGHT make it

I wouldn't chance it. Call your airline, tell them this change is unacceptable. That's what we did when our flights were changed for our cruise. In our case, the airlines booked us on another flight (different airline), no charge.

:)

Your chances of making the flight is almost nil. If all goes as the last post says theres a chance you will make it. I have flown out of MCO many, many times and the line to go through security can be very long and slow. GOOD LUCK.

Thanks for the replies, I thought as much. Problem is, we are from the Uk and having a 10 day holiday in the states, 5 nights on the cruise then 5 nights with friends in Indianapolis, there are no other direct flights to Indianapolis on that day. It will now mean spending a day less with our friends and a night on our own in Orlando:(:(

Yes looked at that, adds an extra 5 hours, which I wouldn't normally mind if it was on our way home at the end of the holiday, just will end up loosing us precious holiday time with our friends and more time in an airport, no other choice though so will have to do that.

by the way, the Delta flights are less than the air tran flights.

one way on delta is $121 for the arbitrary day i picked. Air tran is $154.

and the 12:30 PM flight takes 4 hours to indy. You arrive at 4:30.

What's so bad about that?

you should check kayak.com for other options. There are many.

Thanks for the replies, I thought as much. Problem is, we are from the Uk and having a 10 day holiday in the states, 5 nights on the cruise then 5 nights with friends in Indianapolis, there are no other direct flights to Indianapolis on that day. It will now mean spending a day less with our friends and a night on our own in Orlando:(:(

Orlando is a fun city. Book a night near Universal and go to one of the theme parks during the day and City Walk at night. Lots of fun!!

Fly to Chicago Midway airport (which Air Tran flies to). There are at least a dozen flights from MCO to MDW and Chicago Midway is only 3 hours to Indy. Maybe your friends can pick you up in Chicago and you can spend some time there.

If your flight is changed by more than an hour, you have the right to ask for a change without charge. Email airtran directly and tell them that you would like a different flight without charge; or tell them to put you on another airline; make sure u tell them that you're coming off a cruise ship and can't make a flight earlier than 11:30am

On our last 2 DCL cruises we ate breakfast at 06:15am and while eating they announced that you were free to leave.

We were off the ship by 7:30am both times and no lines waiting to get off.

Maybe things have changed since our last cruise.

I should add that we did the DCL transfer and the bus had us there before 9am and we didn't need to have to deal with luggage.

Bill

Hi Everybody, thanks for the advice and messages, Airtran have now changed all flights that day so there is now one later the afternoon with 1 stop but not as long as previously advertised so they have changed us to that, we now only get to Indy 3 hours later so not really too much of a problem now, I won't be stressed trying to get to the airport on time after (hopefully) an amazing time on Dream:)

Hi Everybody, thanks for the advice and messages, Airtran have now changed all flights that day so there is now one later the afternoon with 1 stop but not as long as previously advertised so they have changed us to that, we now only get to Indy 3 hours later so not really too much of a problem now, I won't be stressed trying to get to the airport on time after (hopefully) an amazing time on Dream:)

that's good - hopefully cruise critic won't delete this post of mine! :eek:

that's good - hopefully cruise critic won't delete this post of mine! :eek:

Yes, I have just realised half the posts are missing! How weird:confused:

By the way, the Delta option you mentioned would have been better but at least I have it sorted with Airtran without any fuss and not much difference in time but thanks for your help anyways.:)

• 3 weeks later...

Wow that is crazy that airtran changed your arrangements. Does this happen often with this airline?

I am flying with them for my cruise in June. I didn't find as much negative reviews as I found with spirit airline so I went with airtran.

I usually fly delta/NWA. But the flights cost double what I found on airtran or spirit.

Wow that is crazy that airtran changed your arrangements. Does this happen often with this airline?

I am flying with them for my cruise in June. I didn't find as much negative reviews as I found with spirit airline so I went with airtran.

I usually fly delta/NWA. But the flights cost double what I found on airtran or spirit.

Most carriers adjust their schedule every quarter. Sometimes a flight time remains the same, sometimes it changes by a minute or two, and sometimes it changes by hours or even goes away. It's always a good idea to check your flights every now and then to make sure there hasn't been a change.

Most carriers adjust their schedule every quarter.

Another factor with AirTran is that they are in the process of fully merging with Southwest (SWA is already the owner of AirTran), and adjustments are being made to both carriers' routes and schedules to eliminate duplication wherever possible. These adjustments can be expected for the next several months until the merger is complete, at which time the AirTran name will disappear.

My parents just were on the Fantasy for the maiden voyage with us and their flight was at 1030. They were one of the first few buses off the ship and made it in PLENTY of time! We got up early had breakfast at our designated time, then made our way to the buses and were at the airport at 9am, again enough time to make that 1030!

Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Archived