Lobster or steak not both????

I was just reading a review about FOS, the person stated they were given a choice of prime rib or lobster in MDR but that they couldnt have both?????? Since when did this start??????:mad::( I always been able to order both is this a new policy change?

I was just reading a review about FOS, the person stated they were given a choice of prime rib or lobster in MDR but that they couldnt have both?????? Since when did this start??????:mad::( I always been able to order both is this a new policy change?

Sounds to me like the waiter was not concerned ( or wanted) to be tipped at the end of the cruise. :rolleyes:

I had prime rib and Lobster last month on Explorer.

I wish they had a system that would allow them to give you JUST the prime rib with the lobster meal. They bring a whole plate and give you just what you want and the rest is wasted. I hate wasting food!

I wish they had a system that would allow them to give you JUST the prime rib with the lobster meal. They bring a whole plate and give you just what you want and the rest is wasted. I hate wasting food!

They do - it's called "naked". My DS, then 16, ate one entrée and a steak every night on our Liberty cruise. He ordered the steak "naked" - which means he got no veggies or sides at all. He just wanted the meat and they were happy to oblige. :)

I had prime rib and Lobster last month on Explorer.

I think it's just easier for the waiter to just grab two plates since they are premade than to wait for a "special order" - not that it can't be done, but it's quicker and easier to just bring the whole plate. Once I wanted a particular entree but wanted the sides that went with another so I asked if they could bring me the entree of my choice with the other sides - the waiter said no, but he did bring both plates so I could eat what I wanted from each. My tablemates helped with the extra food.

I think it's just easier for the waiter to just grab two plates since they are premade than to wait for a "special order" - not that it can't be done, but it's quicker and easier to just bring the whole plate. Once I wanted a particular entree but wanted the sides that went with another so I asked if they could bring me the entree of my choice with the other sides - the waiter said no, but he did bring both plates so I could eat what I wanted from each. My tablemates helped with the extra food.

They can get you exactly what you want, some just don't want to be bothered. My son will get the pasta with sauce that is on the menu everyday with the herb chicken that is also there everyday. He doesn't get any of the sides that come with the chicken, just pasta and chicken. Depends on the waiter.

I know the review was from Freedom, I wonder if there is a waiter that doesn't quite get it because my mother was just on the Freedom in March and again a week ago. The waiter in March said you could not order more than one of anything but he would see if they would make an exception and let them have a second lobster tail. The waiter in April said, no problem, and brought an extra for all at the table.

Just off Jewel last week and not problem doing the surf & turf every night if I wanted it.

I got 3 tails and a really nice med. rare prime rib. Now I have seen some waiters that will not let you order the two at once but you can order one after you have finished your first one. In 39 cruises I can't think of one time I was refused an order in the MDR.

I'm guessing that if one insists on getting a lobster without the other things on the plate, they will dump the sides in the trash and bring just the lobster.

I'm thinking all the plates are made up in advance.

The member review: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=100787

But im relieved to hear that you can still have whatever you want and things arent getting stingy.:D

The reviewer also went on to say this about Freedom itself.

It was nice but not any better than carnival

Now, maybe Im a little biased and the only Carnival ship I have sailed on was an old one that isnt even in the fleet anymore but I have seen tons of pics of most all Carnival ships and there are NONE that come close to comparing to Freedom of the Seas IMHO. Again, that is ONLY my honest opinion. :)

Im hoping his experience in the MDR with the prime rib and lobster is only because there was a shortage on that particular cruise as I most definitely intend to order both next week on the same ship :)

,,,,,,can you substitute dog for steak now???? I heard that dog is quite popular today.....a little tough though........;):D

its probably no tougher than the "black angus" sirloin offered on the daily alternative menu though :eek::D:cool::p

Archived