why can't they serve the same lunch

m steve

Well the beauty of HMC is not the food! Have you seen the water and beach?????

Lunch - it's more of a bbq/ picnic casual

= would you rather have lobster neuberg or baked alaska with flies in it and roosters stomping around 5 star food?

Sorry -- had to be a smart ass on this one :eek:

on board as well as on HMC since the food is mostly prepared on the ship? We don't enjoy the lines on the island and the flys. We head back after about 1-2 hours.

Most of the food served at HMC barbeque comes off the barbeque. They have those huge barbeques at the serving station and the food is grilled hot and fresh and served immediately. They need the Chefs on the island doing that cooking. Though there are grills available for use on the ship, they don't have duplicates in chefs to do the cooking. If you want the barbeque, go to the island. If not, you will have to find something else to enjoy.

on board as well as on HMC since the food is mostly prepared on the ship? We don't enjoy the lines on the island and the flys. We head back after about 1-2 hours.

I don't recall bugs of any kind at HMC; perhaps we have just been lucky. :)

We've never noticed any flys bothering us at HMC.

I wish they'd serve the brownies on board during the cruise but we only see them on the island.

We didn't get off the ship this time so we didn't have a brownie. :(

Because a BBQ/Picnic on any island should be Hamburgers, hot dogs, ribs, etc, and all the fixins that go with them:) A cruise ship generally should have better eats than a picnic:)

Joanie

We've never noticed any flys bothering us at HMC.

I wish they'd serve the brownies on board during the cruise but we only see them on the island.

They have brownies at the Explorer's Cafe many afternoons.

When they have BBQ on the ship they are very much the same as on HMC, but they don't do many BBQ on board. I've never seen flies, on HMC.

The HMC lunch is just right for HMC. It is a beach day, and the picnic style lunch works well.

I agree....

We think HAL puts out a really nice, beach barbeque at HMC. We like it. :)

but we do enjoy the beach, just not the way the food is served but we like BBQ. Never saw Lobster Newberg at lunch on the ship. And we don't eat the Baked Alaska even on the ship. The burgers served on the ship are just too well done for us.

I had to convince them the veggie burger didn't have to be cooked to well done. They kept saying it needed more cooking...... it didn't :D and I'm glad I asked them to take it off the grill when I did. They cook the burgers well done to meet the 'safety levels'. They don't need the risk of disease due to undercooking beef.

But veggie burgers ...... they can still be juicy. :)

I found brownies up in the Explorer's Cafe. Wonderful with the iced Chai!

They have brownies at the Explorer's Cafe many afternoons.

I am glad I did not know that... I got an addiction to chocolate chips cookies in the afternoon. I could not even get close...What I would do for a couple right now...

Most of the food served at HMC barbeque comes off the barbeque. They have those huge barbeques at the serving station and the food is grilled hot and fresh and served immediately.

Been there twice ... the food was not hot, not fresh ... even some food that came out "fresh" from the kitchens to be served was not hot through ... overall quality was just okay. Not a big deal, it's a decent enough lunch on a gorgeous beach.

We've also been to Labadee (Royal Caribbean) and they have the same problems. And they both have long lines, and horrible line management.

But the beach & other amenities at HMC are far superior! and we can't wait to get back there on another cruise! We'll just have a good breakfast on the ship, and have a late lunch when we get back.

Archived