Dress planning

I'm starting to get my stuff together for my cruise in 20 days! I tried on everything with the shoes and jewelry I'm planning on taking. I realized that except for one dress, they are all very form-fitting. I ended up swapping out one with a strapless flowy cocktail dress, and I'm packing a jumpsuit with a tunic just in case my tummy bloats. I have a very flat stomach, but sometimes the cruise food makes my stomach puff out by the end of the week. I'll be wearing my more form fitting dresses earlier in the week, and the flowier dresses late in the week. Getting excited!

Wish mine was that close. 16 months but I have a wish list of dresses I want to buy so I have 16 months to lose the extra 20 I put on when I had a bad few asthma attacks last year and I was on 2 plus weeks of heavy steroids:mad: !

Sounds like you have everything planned out well! Show pics when you get back would love to see the dresses ! You'll give me insperation to lose the weight :). Have a Great Cruise!!

Wish mine was that close. 16 months but I have a wish list of dresses I want to buy so I have 16 months to lose the extra 20 I put on when I had a bad few asthma attacks last year and I was on 2 plus weeks of heavy steroids:mad: !

Sounds like you have everything planned out well! Show pics when you get back would love to see the dresses ! You'll give me insperation to lose the weight :). Have a Great Cruise!!

I'm have asthma too, so I understand. Fortunately, it's less and less of an issue as I get older. I spent 8 weeks in Hong Kong and China between Sept and Jan. I also cruised twice and had a few other side trips. I gained 10 lbs. I worked hard to get it off, and I'm once again happy with the way I look. I need to remember how hard I worked when I'm on the ship! I will post pics when I get back :)

I'm starting to get my stuff together for my cruise in 20 days! I tried on everything with the shoes and jewelry I'm planning on taking. I realized that except for one dress, they are all very form-fitting. I ended up swapping out one with a strapless flowy cocktail dress, and I'm packing a jumpsuit with a tunic just in case my tummy bloats. I have a very flat stomach, but sometimes the cruise food makes my stomach puff out by the end of the week. I'll be wearing my more form fitting dresses earlier in the week, and the flowier dresses late in the week. Getting excited!

Hi,:) I sail in just over 2 weeks as well. My stomach is the opposite

of flat:eek:....but I am still wearing pretty dresses too.:D

I put a bunch of clothing out on the bed in the 2nd bedroom

this weekend. Will go through things again. I fly to Rome on

May 9th and sailing on May 11th.

My cruise leaves in 31 days :) I too have the same philosophy as you. I am wearing the tighter dresses towards the beginning because I get very bloated. I am normally a size 2/4. Well this is kinda TMI but I have IBS-C, and it gets really bad when I get out of my norm (AKA cruising!) so I can go from a size 4, to looking/almost needing a size 10 in a few days. I am trying to figure out how I am going to avoid this. I gained 5 lbs my last cruise (5 day cruise) but this cruise is 13 days! I can't be bloated for 13 days! Need to find a solution. Anyway, I have tight and flowy dresses.

My cruise packing spans a size range. I am sensitive to salt/sodium and tend to puff up as the days go by. On previous cruises I was always disappointed that clothes that I thought were a perfect fit, didn't look or feel as good as they did in the dressing room. I don't overindulge much on cruises, and stay active, but I know how my body is going to react. In real life, I fluctuate between two sizes, so I make sure I take both on the cruise. Smaller for earlier on, and comfortable for later.

We booked the B2B2B repositioning cruises beginning next February on Valentines Day, and I've already "shopped my closet" and drawn up a list of what I'm taking! There's not much I need or want that I don't already have, but I'll be keeping my eyes wide open in my favorite thrift shops and on ebay (shoes) during the summer and fall for any "goodies" that may come along.....

I've enjoyed reading the posts on this thread, and I wish all of you

HAPPY CRUISING!

Archived