One Area That HAL Can Work On

mariner

We've been home nearly two months since our first Seabourn cruise, have we heard from the line? No.

You would think it wouldn't be very difficult for them to send out a mailing thanking us for our business and offering us opportunities to sail again. Or at least welcoming us into the alumni fold and here are the various levels of recognition.

Better yet, mail a letter from the captain and hotel manager so that it's waiting when we pick up our mail after the voyage. Want to save a dime? Send an email.

Would seem the best time to strike is right after the cruise while the memories are fresh.

HAL has never been good at marketing and it seems they just haven't adjusted to the Seabourn demos.

You know where they are if you want to sail with them again.

I am sure that you were informed onboard by leaflets in your suite about the onboard booking discount.

If you did like your experience you would surely have placed an open booking for a future cruise for an additional 5% over what your travel agent gives you.

HAL's marketing is better than what old Seabourn used to do.

After my Seabourn cruise, I asked whether they were continuing on with the Referral program for 2012 and if I would automatically be sent the certificates to refer someone. I was told yes. 4 months after the fact, no coupons were sent.

Not much incentive to refer the product.

Yes, but, if you never receive the certificates, you have nothing to give to prospective passengers.

They take their time, but the certificates will come in a SB Club folder. If there is someone you want to refer now, get in touch with SB and they will send you the coupons immediately.

I agree, they could be quicker about it...

Interesting, we have sailed with Seabourn 3 times now and have just booked the fourth and have never recieved a certificate for referrals ever!!. Maybe its different for us Aussies. Still love being on a Seabourn ship and can't wait till March next year to do it again.:)

I've done EIGHT Seabourn cruises, regularly receive

club mailings, and I wouldn't know anything about referral coupons if I didn't read this thread. As I really don't know anyone else who could afford Seabourn who hasn't already tried it, it's not much of an issue, but still it would be nice to hear from the line about them.

They take their time, but the certificates will come in a SB Club folder. If there is someone you want to refer now, get in touch with SB and they will send you the coupons immediately.

I agree, they could be quicker about it...

I seem to recall the coupons attached to the Seabourn Herald Magazine. No longer.. :(

Host Dan

Maybe I'm paranoid, but I suspect that SB is trying to get out of the referral program. I had to beg to get the coupons to use for 2 referrals. This program is unique to CCL and doesn't fit the

mold of the rest of the subsidiaries.

Maybe I'm paranoid, but I suspect that SB is trying to get out of the referral program. I had to beg to get the coupons to use for 2 referrals. This program is unique to CCL and doesn't fit the

mold of the rest of the subsidiaries.

Odd. I wanted to avail myself of a coupon and all it took was maybe a 5 minute call. Three days later the coupons were in the mail. The person who obtained them hadn't been on Seabourn in 15+ years.

Interesting, we have sailed with Seabourn 3 times now and have just booked the fourth and have never recieved a certificate for referrals ever!!. Maybe its different for us Aussies.

We must be lucky Aussies - we received the coupons a few months after our first cruise last year!

I should point out that we used a US based travel agent.

Knowing where someone is just isn't a great strategy in the current economic climate.

Really don't have time on a cruise to ponder the next one because schedules just change.

What referral coupon?

Would seem Seabourn would want to position itself differently than the others given its passenger base.

True, Carnival doesn't like a ship full of repeaters.

You passed by a 5% savings opportunity but are disappointed that a worthless mailing didn't arrive. Just wait a bit and the cruise advertisements will come your way. I know, you want a personal letter.

Really don't have time on a cruise to ponder the next one because schedules just change.

That is why you leave an open booking and then you have four years to decide which itinerary suits you or you get all of your money back if you do not use the booking.

Not bad for a 5% saving on top of what your TA gives you.

5% can be a nice amount off an longer cruise. Giving that amount off at booking defies the purpose which is to reward those with enough loyalty to make the open booking while still onboard.

5% can be a nice amount off an longer cruise. Giving that amount off at booking defies the purpose which is to reward those with enough loyalty to make the open booking while still onboard.

Loyalty? More like acumen ( IMHO)

Loyalty? More like acumen ( IMHO)

Have to disagree. You put down $1000 on your cruise in return for an Onboard Future Cruise Deposit.. Sometime during the next year, two, three or four you book another cruise for - say - $12000. You get a 5% discount = $600. So you can have earned $600 on a one year investment of $1000 - or even a four year investment . You tell me a bank that offers that kind of return and I will put the whole of my pension pot into their coffers!

Have to disagree. You put down $1000 on your cruise in return for an Onboard Future Cruise Deposit.. Sometime during the next year, two, three or four you book another cruise for - say - $12000. You get a 5% discount = $600. So you can have earned $600 on a one year investment of $1000 - or even a four year investment . You tell me a bank that offers that kind of return and I will put the whole of my pension pot into their coffers!

Not sure why you disagree. What you describe is acumen not loyalty. Ergo we agree:)

Archived