Thomson Majesty's first cruise

Thank you for that Kruzseeka. That is probably why I was confused. Probably best to stick with Thomson for

I have to tell you this. Met an old friend (we holidayed together 40 years ago) at the supermarket this pm and she said she was going on a cruise in 4 weeks time. They went on their first cruise last year and loved it so much they booked another one straight away. I asked which ship and she said ......the DREAM. :)

Hope you are all packed and ready to go!!!

should that not read drinks or are you only having one!! raise a glass in memory of the sky bar and i expect a full review on your return - i will be glad when you are back because that will mean it will soon be time for us to set sail on the Majesty on the 20th July!!

we will be aving more than one im sure of that lol 2 weeks and counting cant wait.....:cool:

Going on Majesty on the 1st of June. Has any one been on this ship before? I looked at the reviews when it was Louis Majesty but I just wondered if any one had been on board since it changed to Thomson.

Going on Majesty on the 1st of June. Has any one been on this ship before? I looked at the reviews when it was Louis Majesty but I just wondered if any one had been on board since it changed to Thomson.

Welcome Davo .. Yes on this very thread.... Wightryder came back last week , read post 38 Click here for it or read through to it ;) :)

We're due to be going on the Majesty in August - hoping all minor teething problems will be resolved by then- however I was wondering who the entertainment team are on the Majesty - will we see any familiar faces - we were on the Destiny last year, Spirit 2010 and Destiny 2009 and 2008 and the entertainment on board was great, would love to receive some early feedback - Thanks

We're due to be going on the Majesty in August - hoping all minor teething problems will be resolved by then- however I was wondering who the entertainment team are on the Majesty - will we see any familiar faces - we were on the Destiny last year, Spirit 2010 and Destiny 2009 and 2008 and the entertainment on board was great, would love to receive some early feedback - Thanks

Kane davies is cd and paul evans is acd,off topic i know jackie mouzo is in the destination services

those who have cruised on the majesty in the last 2 week can you please tell me if 1, they still have a comedy night like on the rest of the fleet. 2, which night was the captain cocktail night. sailing on the 1st june on the adriatic explorer all those saiingl then c u on board happy cruising to every one :) ps 13 sleeps twiggs travels

Big thanks to all that have reviewed the majesty so quickly after its maiden voyage for Thomson. Reviews don't seem worrying at all which is a huge relief. I'd originally booked the destiny for our honeymoon on 10th August (the only job I was trusted with in terms of wedding planning). Was getting quite nervous after reading about the ship change. Looking forward to it now, thank you!

also going at same time cant wait just me and wife with no kids

It's dress up night so at least jacket and tie is really expected. For many passengers this is one of the highlights of the trip so it's a bit disrespectful to rain on their parade by dressing down. You will also stand out.

If you don't want to dress up, and quite a few don't, just eat in the buffet that night.

It's dress up night so at least jacket and tie is really expected. For many passengers this is one of the highlights of the trip so it's a bit disrespectful to rain on their parade by dressing down. You will also stand out.

If you don't want to dress up, and quite a few don't, just eat in the buffet that night.

We have done the captains night and enjoyed it but a few weeks later back onboard decided we did not fancy the captains night again

but we still dressed up for the sake of our fellow passengers . As you say its the highlight for some and for the sake of a few hours.

We have even skipped the dinner and gone to the Lido fully togged up for a light bite and then onto the bars .:)

what is the captains night exactly never cruised before new experience i know the wife will enjoy dressing up

what is the captains night exactly never cruised before new experience i know the wife will enjoy dressing up

The basics of it is you and your wife will meet the captain and have a photo taken which you do not have to buy .

Then you are given a drink and you meet the heads of all the ships dept introduced by the captain.

On next to a meal and thats it . Someone filmed a bit of the staff on You Tube , see it

:)

Hope that helps ;)

I'd like to add my thanks to Wightryder for providing an excellent balanced account and for posting photos. We are on the 1st June trip & having only cruised once before on a Royal Caribbean Florida to the Bahamas itinerary I'm unsure of what to do about excursions. It sounds as though it would be a good idea to get out of Brindisi but can we leave booking until we are on the ship or is there any advantage to booking on line in advance?

Any advice will be much appreciated.:)

Kane davies is cd and paul evans is acd,off topic i know jackie mouzo is in the destination services

Thanks mtt I remember Kane he was CD on Destiny a few years ago when we were on - what sort of activities are going on on the ship this year? Has the evening entertainment changed a lot or is there still a variety of differnet things going on??

Archived