Searching for a Job on a Cruise Ship with Caribbean Route

Dear Community,

I am new to this forum and I hope someone can help me. At the moment I am working in Bavaro, Dominican Republic at a Resort and I am searching for a job on a Cruise Ship. I would like to work on a 5 Star Cruise Ship, which travels in the Caribbean. If someone could tell me some names with links, that would be awesome! Thank you very much for your time and effort!

Hope to hear from you soon! :)

Caribbean Dolphin

I guess you'd need to contact the "luxury" cruiselines, and see what's needed to obtain a job with them. None of the mass market lines (Carnival, RCI, NCL, Celebrity, Hal, or Princess) can be considered "5-star". You should look at Cunard, Crystal, Seabourne, and Silverseas.

Ships move and with few exceptions, most move around to differnt home ports and itineraries at different times of the year.

RCI's Allure and Oasis are two ships which remain in the Caribbean all year.

cb at sea gave recommendations that I second. But working on a cruise ship is not like working in a land based hotel. At sea you never get to leave the workplace even when you have time off. Nor can crew members enter passenger areas unless their duties take them there. If a crew member has shore leave when the ship is in port they have to take their recreation ashore. No lounging in a recliner at the ship's pool!

Crew berthing is often based on pecking order, and few ships have two crew members per cabin with four per cabin being more typical. You'll need to do more research - perhaps there are boards or blogs for ex-crew members where you can find more information from those with actual experience.

The 5 star lines rarely cruise the Caribbean. They do more exotic cruises and world cruises in winter. In summer, they are all in Europe You'd be lucky if any ship from a luxury line would do two or three Caribbean cruises a year.

If staying in the Caribbean year-round is important to you, your only options are Royal Caribbean and Carnival, neither of which are five star lines. Additionally, I doubt you would get much of a say as to what ship and what itineraries you would get assigned to.

Archived