10th and probably last Royal Caribbean Cruise.

Oh Rats!!! You caught the flaw in my analogy, when I was trying to debunk another analogy. I guess I should amend that I have an open cabin policy and invite fellow cruisers to try out my slot machine? :D

Much better.

Will RCI serve you less at the bar? "I'm sorry, sir/ma'am, I see that you have already consumed three alcoholic beverages in the past 24 hours, I can't serve you any more"? I doubt it. So, how, exactly, is preventing someone from bringing on one bottle of wine or champagne preventing a "party boat"?

They ban it for revenue enhancement. To make a profit they have to sell more than the cabin.

It is their ship so it does not upset me. If I want a special bottle of wine. They have that. Of course it will cost but that is the same at a restaurant. Not something that would enter into my cruise line choice but everyone has different priorities. It is her vacation so she should choose based on her priorities.

Will RCI serve you less at the bar? "I'm sorry, sir/ma'am, I see that you have already consumed three alcoholic beverages in the past 24 hours, I can't serve you any more"? I doubt it. So, how, exactly, is preventing someone from bringing on one bottle of wine or champagne preventing a "party boat"?

Yes, they most certainly can, will and HAVE stopped serving intoxicated passengers but Im sure its more than 3 drinks in 24 hours.\

Expect that practice to happen even more now that they were thrown in front of the bus by the media and Adam had to respond.

Sigh. I'm going to quit questioning mean/out of line posts because my post count drops everytime I do it. LOL. :rolleyes:

I think people have to go with their personal choices, but should also realize just because the OP feels one way doesn't lessen the opinions of anyone else. If someone feels they can't cruise without bringing their own liquor/wine/beer, etc, then that's their issue.

Anytime anyone ever starts a "I'm never... thread, it gets some interesting attention.

What an ignorant statement to make. I didn't see sloppy drunks on carnival nor royal. People here live in denial. THE SAME TYPE OF PEOPLE SAIL ROYAL AND CARNIVAL. I know some like to feel better than others by sailing royal but it isn't the case. Both are mass market lines that cater to the same demographic.

Hey, beachchick, get a life.

I don't have a problem with purchasing alcohol on the ship. I just wish I could bring my own water. I know some say you can, but it says you can't?????

What I will have a problem with is Gatorade. I have to drink it for a medical condition and electrolytes. (Hate the stuff) My Doc will send me with a note and C&A said that shouldn't be a problem. Will try to get that is writing though.

This may help...

Brita makes a personal watter bottle that works great for

off-tastes and chemicals, We use it for each cruise. $10 plus free filter

cxb-018_small2a.jpg

Also, We also bring on a cannister of dry gatorade that is mixed with water, like Kool aid. has the same formulation as the bottled gatorade.

Mike

This may help...

Brita makes a personal watter bottle that works great for

off-tastes and chemicals, We use it for each cruise. $10 plus free filter

cxb-018_small2a.jpg

Also, We also bring on a cannister of dry gatorade that is mixed with water, like Kool aid. has the same formulation as the bottled gatorade.

Mike

Yes, thank you. I did get one of those along with a small pitcher for the room.

then why do so many folks worry about how I spend mine? If they leave RCi because of the liquor policy, how does that impact the rest of us?

Speaking of wine...is it purely sour grapes on their part?

Heck, I would not cruise on NCL, but I do not waste my time posting on the NCL boards about why I would not. So why waste your own time

whining (pun intended) about RCI, go elsewhere.

I'm curious as to why you say you would not cruise on NCL. Do you have specific reasons? If so, please let me know why you adamantly say

"I would not cruise on NCL".

Originally Posted by suzyed viewpost.gif

To the some of you other posters:

My mistake for even saying anything...I never would have imagined that people would come to the defense of a cruise line at the expense of the feelings of another human being. I didn't attack anyone, yet most of the posts here have done just that.

So all of you who have felt a need to attack me, I hope you are satisfied that you got to set me straight and made me feel like crap....I guess that was your intention....well done.

Suzyed: Stop worrying what others think or say about you on here. You'll probably never see one of them ever. You're entitled to your opinion no matter what anyone else says. The detractors/cheerleaders posts don't mean anything. As far as you taking 10 or more cruises before you came to this decision, well attitudes and feelings change, as yours apparently did. Again, I agree with you...

6andy6, You would not believe(or maybe you would), the abuse I have been taking over starting this thread and another discussion about the same topic. Actually the comment you were referring to, is one of the milder ones. :rolleyes:

The only thing I can think of, is that on a computer folks feel very comfortable "typing" things that they wouldn't normally "say" face to face with someone.

Folks have actually looked at my number of posts and then read back to posts I made back in 2008, so they could say, "I told you so"....

:eek:

Some people just have way too much time and nothing better to do. Do not worry about what anyone says on this message board because you are entitled to your opinions. Heck, there are a few people I strongly disagree with and I just shrug off there views because I know they are wrong :).

I love these posts where people are never going on RCI again over this or that.

I wonder what happened to the mass exodus when they stopped the chocolates on the pillow, or when they changed he way to dtermina C&A ponts.

I'm surprised ships still sail at full capacity.

Sorry, not gonna get into it here....Started sailing them in the mid 70's did so until the late 90's....

I know the product has changed...so no shots at them here...Just personal preference.

PS.ALl those that use the mantra "they do not allow booze for revenue enhancement"....

May not be aware of the lawsuit that caused the complete ban...Google Brilliance of the Seas and death, it will pop up.

Not revenue enhancement, revenue protection.....

My DH and I were on FOS last year and I had been at the bar a lot longer than he had been one night. I decided to go up to bed and pass out, but he was just getting started. DH had gone outside to the pool bar and the bartender refused to serve him b/c he had seen so many drinks had been purchased on his card. My DH tried to explain that it was his wife who had been drinking (and as you can see, she's not here) she went up to bed. So, they do cut you off. Turns out, DH went to another bar and the bartender could clearly see he wasn't drunk... yet!

My DH and I were on FOS last year and I had been at the bar a lot longer than he had been one night. I decided to go up to bed and pass out, but he was just getting started. DH had gone outside to the pool bar and the bartender refused to serve him b/c he had seen so many drinks had been purchased on his card. My DH tried to explain that it was his wife who had been drinking (and as you can see, she's not here) she went up to bed. So, they do cut you off. Turns out, DH went to another bar and the bartender could clearly see he wasn't drunk... yet!

LOL - Don't you know that no one who posts on the boards EVER over consumes alcohol! :eek:

Sorry, not gonna get into it here....Started sailing them in the mid 70's did so until the late 90's....

I know the product has changed...so no shots at them here...Just personal preference.

PS.ALl those that use the mantra "they do not allow booze for revenue enhancement"....

May not be aware of the lawsuit that caused the complete ban...Google Brilliance of the Seas and death, it will pop up.

Not revenue enhancement, revenue protection.....

Poppycock. They ban it for revenue enhancement. I am surprised that other cruise lines including sister brand Celebrity still allow a bottle or two to be brought onboard.

Wow, I can't believe this thread is still going. Nelble tells beachchic to get a life for stating the truth.

Last week I stood up for someone, the thread got locked, and all my posts disapeared. I did not say anything mean or nasty, nor did I start the thread.

We travel because we like to experience new and different adventures, meet people who have different and interesting lives, wether crew, Islanders, or passengers. We are all different, have different views, choose different destinations on different ships/lines.

But, I do not think it is right for someone to tell another CC member to get a life when they are doing/reading responding to the same thread:confused:

Texasmonk, I brought up the Smith case pages ago, I guess we are on the same page!!!!!!!!!!!

Suzyed, be careful of everything you post. The world is watching and looking for an opportunity to pounce. I KNOW how you feel:(

Now can we all agree to disagree?:D

And Heidi, don't forget that drink on formal night, in your pretty dress/formal ware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Yup, $1,000,000+ worth plus a sealed settlement...But you must be right after doing extensive research.....

That lawsuit is not why you can not bring a bottle of wine onboard.

Anyone can get intoxicated by going to the bars. As we know from many cruises drinks are pushed on board Royal Caribbean ships. When I sit by the pool deck I am asked about four times an hour. In any lounge where I go just to listen to the music I am asked every 15 minutes if I want a drink. The cruise lines get the alcohol tax and duty free and make large profits from pushing drinks. The bar waiters earn more with every drink so they have an incentive to keep selling to until you topple. Recently Royal has added speakeasy nights and other packages that encourage unlimited alcohol consumption. The alcohol policy on bringing your own is because they want you to be consuming their alcohol. Revenue Enhancement.

Royal Caribbean's alcohol policy is so out of line with the rest of the cruise industry, that I doubt I will sail again with them.

Most lines (Princess, Norwegian, Cunard, Disney, and even Carnival) allow you to bring on at least 1 bottle of wine/champagne! Are they that desperate for revenue that they forbid even a bottle of champagne for a celebration???

If not for the revenue, then just how many 59 year old women do they have onboard, who go hog wild on a glass or two of champagne? Do they not even have respect for their passengers, that they will behave in a responsible manner?

Unbelievable!!

You're all over this huh???

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1635700

Charles, if we can buy a liter of rum in St. Maartin for $5.00, imagine what the cruise lines get it for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have had the alcohol package on Celebrity. After 6 to 9 drinks, we were not even buzzed!!!!!!!!!!!!:( The drinks were so weak even tipping extra did not help. The bartenders said that they were monitered to get a certain amount out of each bottle and free pours will be a thing of the past. Enjoy it now folks, as pre measuring in on the horizon!!!!!!!

Archived